Author Topic: Made a few Perch Lures for Cascade Idaho in a few weeks! (Video)  (Read 8625 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for letting me share! What do you guys think about these? Hopefully they will get the Attention of some Jumbo Perch. https://youtu.be/MFvXrrq2mmc

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
Nice video Joe ! Those should do the job .

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice video Joe ! Those should do the job .
Thanks buddy. Getting some more made up today to share.

Offline Iceattic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice job. I was thinking of starting to make my own lures.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice job. I was thinking of starting to make my own lures.
Thanks! I have enjoyed it very much so far.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
The guy who makes my swim jigs said the guy who pored lead for him died from inhaling the fumes. Be careful.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The guy who makes my swim jigs said the guy who pored lead for him died from inhaling the fumes. Be careful.
Thanks for the good reminder. Safety first.

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
hey looken g :o :od

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey looken g :o :od
Thanks Heber! Are you going to be able to get to Henry’s this year? I hope that we will get together sometime this season.

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Yes I am hoping to make it with you guys. I got to check in with matt. Excited about fishing with you again. Thanks

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yes I am hoping to make it with you guys. I got to check in with matt. Excited about fishing with you again. Thanks
Awesome 😎

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thanks for the good reminder. Safety first.

Very nice.  We did air and blood testing at work and a guy came up positive for blood lead tests. No other workers did. His whole family tested high for blood lead levels. They tested his water thinking it was from that. He didn't advertise early on that he was taking the lead from work and making sinkers in his basement.  Make sure you are melting lead in your garage in a ventilated area and not in your house.  It will be in the blood of every one in your home otherwise.  It's really bad for children in development stages. 

Took a few months for his blood lead levels to drop to normal. 
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Very nice.  We did air and blood testing at work and a guy came up positive for blood lead tests. No other workers did. His whole family tested high for blood lead levels. They tested his water thinking it was from that. He didn't advertise early on that he was taking the lead from work and making sinkers in his basement.  Make sure you are melting lead in your garage in a ventilated area and not in your house.  It will be in the blood of every one in your home otherwise.  It's really bad for children in development stages. 

Took a few months for his blood lead levels to drop to normal.

Even though it sounds alarmist this is well worth noting. Many, many years ago I poured a ton of leadheads in a pretty small poorly ventilated room. Then proceeded to paint said leadheads with multiple coats of solvent laden vinyl paint. I have no idea why I'm still here in reasonably good health. A testament to good fortune I expect. Nevertheless, If I had it to do over I'd have done it differently.

Still pouring lead but not at the volume of before and painting, though now with powder. I DO have a bathroom exhaust fan over my work area venting directly to the outside. Been like that for a couple decades now. Who says ya can't teach an old dog?
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Hmm ive heard bait shops say they go thru lead pour guys after  about 10 years.i pour lead every 2 weeks and have since i was 16 years old.no wonder my health is shat.worst part is smelting 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights into ingots.ive had a whole 5 gallon bucket of splitshot that took me many years to sell.catfish sinkers sell like hot cakes along with steelhead jigs.im sitting on about 600 pounds of ingots right now.lead prices are rising and more wheel weights are zinc or steel every year.i get 5 g buckets full for 10$.anywhere from 65 to 90 pounds of lead after sorting.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice, think that's gonna be my next mold.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.