Author Topic: Kramper Lake  (Read 2146 times)

Offline bluejays14

• IceShanty Rookie
Kramper Lake
« on: Jan 04, 2018, 02:28 PM »
Has anyone been fishing Kramper lake?  I haven't heard an ice report and how the fish growth has been.
TIA

Offline jwilmes

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kramper Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2018, 04:19 PM »
I was there wednesday. Good 8" of clear ice. Caught a lot of bass. Half dozen nice gills.

Offline bluejays14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Awesome good to hear might try to squeeze in a trip

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 09:31 AM »
The only report I got was the fish are full of parasites,..and not the little ones. I marked it off my list.

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:11 PM »
Same can be said for most north east Nebraska lakes and ponds.

Offline rodeomarine21

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Go big or go Home
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2018, 03:32 PM »
Yeah I caught a limit of nice gills and all but three had parasites
Semper Fish Devil Dogs

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2018, 03:53 PM »
I don't mind the little black ones, they are pretty common,...but the big whiet curly ones that make faces at you - count me out.  Powder Creek & Buckskin have been on the decline for years, but it's sad to see a new lake infested so soon.

Offline mvovos

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:00 PM »
The white ones in the fillets are completely harmless, I have eaten plenty of fish with these parasites and have never been ill from them.

Offline Slabsticker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2018, 12:31 AM »
Buckskin been on the decline for years,

News to me ::)

Offline whisker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2018, 06:37 AM »
I fished it (Buckskin) 20 years ago when 20-25lb.  cats were available. Then the word got out and good luck finding a big one now. (I watched the heroes decimate the catfish first hand). Slab crappie and big bluegills were fairly common back then too. If you like 6-8" panfish, there's plenty now, with the occasional 9 incher mixed in.  Buckskin does have some big bass,....if that's what you're after.
On a personal note, no,.... big wiggling maggots won't poison you, but if I'm going to eat fish, my preference steers me to better water.
The last fish I consumed out of either lake tasted like rotten vegetation. I've been preparing fish for 50 years and those Buckskin and Powder Creek fish are nasty.
If that doesn't bother you, or you don't notice it,...have at it. I won't cramp your space.

My opinion and my preferences....fish where and when ya want and have fun.

Back to Kramper lake,..it has the potential to be a good fishery. It has everything it needs to produce some nice ones!

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:44 AM »
Definitely lots of potential in Kramper! That's sad to hear of the parasite issues already in there ,as far as buckskin,from what I've experienced from its early days to now yes it has declined some ,as whisker stated when the word got out and people filling their boats with fish it's to be expected I guess.I've yet to figure out how anyone could eat a catfish out of there,yellow muddy meat just don't do much for me.

Offline Mchmss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:26 PM »
Has anyone been to Kramper lately? Specificaly since the Snowstorm on Monday? Would like to know how the ice is holding up. May check it out on Saturday.

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2018, 03:42 PM »
There are a variety of fish parasites in Nebraska waters, all Nebraska waters.  Many of them have a complex life cycle and there is nothing that can be done to eliminate them.  Most of the time they are present, and not noticed, but from time to time and in certain fisheries, they can be more prevalent.

None of them are a threat to humans, especially if the fish are thoroughly cooked.  I would not recommend "sushi".

If you are interested in some more information on fish parasites, check this out, http://outdoornebraska.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PMGS_Fish_Parasites_Diseases.pdf.

Daryl B.
Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.