Author Topic: Good trout spots in the Southwest  (Read 844 times)

Offline dysonar

• IceShanty Rookie
Good trout spots in the Southwest
« on: Sep 11, 2014, 08:37 PM »
Just getting started with my own auger and gear. Can anyone help me out with some good suggestions for rainbow trout lakes and suggested live baits for pickerel?

Thanks

Offline thebigfresh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Good trout spots in the Southwest
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2014, 07:31 AM »
I am willing to share any fishing info.   
What do you want for info?  The rainbow trout lake is named Bower.  It is sout of boissevain on hwy 10 about 10 minutes in turtle mountain pp.  you need a pp pass. You drive into the day area and walk on.  You only need to go out 20-30 meters from shore if that.  I sink # 10 treble hook with 3 small orange styrofoam balls on it and cover  the hook completely with orange power bait  paste ( about the size of a marble).  About 10 inches up from the hook I use about a 1/8 ounce split shot weight to ensure the power air floats off the bottom the 10 inches.  It gives the trout a chance to grab the bait and swim a bit before the tension is on the line.  I either use a slip bobber or dead stick it with a light to med ice rod.  I utilize slip bobbers a ton( ideal for perch as well) frozen minnows work as well but live are BANNED.  wardens are out a lot there! Good luck and I have afew other spots that rock.
PM me for pics and more details
"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't"
George S. Patton

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.