Author Topic: Fish Movement on Lakes  (Read 2929 times)

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fish Movement on Lakes
« Reply #30 on: Dec 27, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Wax Worm, thanks a lot for the excellent response.  Felt like I was reading a magazine.  Its much appreciated!
LMAO magazine huh? people are really surprised that fish are found near weeds and they eat and they prefer a certain temperature. i must also be a genus

Offline apricot brandy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 27, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Is some one starved for attention ???  ???
bobbers down- flags up

Offline SouthBend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 27, 2011, 04:57 PM »
LMAO magazine huh? people are really surprised that fish are found near weeds and they eat and they prefer a certain temperature. i must also be a genus

Nahh.. I'm doubting that.

Excellent writeup Wax.

Offline Ice Sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I would have waited.......
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2011, 05:05 PM »
You meant genius.....maybe not though..just an observation on some exceptional mental power :woot: :roflmao:

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 27, 2011, 05:15 PM »
You meant genius.....maybe not though..just an observation on some exceptional mental power :woot: :roflmao:
LOL good one word sarg. we need ice these posts are getting like real aa meetings with no bottle

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:08 PM »

:roflmao: :roflmao:  Reading that last attempt at a sentence made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes.  It gets my vote for post of the year!  Nice contribution to the original question.   ::) ::)

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:24 PM »
:roflmao: :roflmao:  Reading that last attempt at a sentence made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes.  It gets my vote for post of the year!  Nice contribution to the original question.   ::) ::)
Seriously though, unbelievable amount of info. Thank you for an in depth opinion on this. I couldnt top your post(fish movement) but Always have my eyes open to what you post or tie.

Offline dogfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:41 PM »

Thanks for your response too...it was genus! 

Offline Limit_Out

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go BEARS
« Reply #38 on: Dec 27, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Wax Monroe is pretty stained but does have current.  In the summer the current is low when the pool is normal.  I have always assumed that they take the readings for oxygen and temparture and the spillway, but this may not be true.  No matter where they take the readings, it clearly indicates what your graph shows if you pump up the sensitivity.  The thermocline, don't quote this, is usually around 15 - 16' on Monroe in the summer given stable conditions.  Now one of the areas I am talking about is adjacent to the channel and I feel I'm fishing an underwater eddie; which might stir it up and hold some more oxygen.  There is very, very little weed growth except in coves.  The yellow bass are really prevalent and crappie on occasion, with obviously a walleye every now and again.  The point is though, if the oxygen content is similar at these spots compared to where they take the readings, I am catching fish below the thermocline.  Monroe is nothing like the natural lakes I fish up north.  You notice the current when you break it down.  Even though you can't see or feel it, the current relates similar to a river.  For instance, and Jimmy tell me if I'm wrong, you take notice that you are catching maybe 75% of your eyes when pulling or drifting one direction verses the opposite.  Then you think about it when looking at the map and notice that you are probably fishing in a eddie where the channel rips around on a sharp turn.  These fish are facing the same way and see more bait coming at them.  I just got off topic, my fault.  Current can be huge too.  Also "deer" trails in weeds. ???

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 27, 2011, 10:59 PM »
and Jimmy tell me if I'm wrong, you take notice that you are catching maybe 75% of your eyes when pulling or drifting one direction verses the opposite.

Yes Mike thats been a big success to me catching them toothy fish,I've had Anglers tell me that it dont matter,but myself I know better......very good topic ya got here

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #40 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:07 PM »
and Jimmy tell me if I'm wrong, you take notice that you are catching maybe 75% of your eyes when pulling or drifting one direction verses the opposite.

Yes Mike thats been a big success to me catching them toothy fish,I've had Anglers tell me that it dont matter,but myself I know better......very good topic ya got here

We are talking about the ice here..........how do these things translate?

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #41 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:20 AM »
We are talking about the ice here..........how do these things translate?

Trolling on the ice !!!!   ;) ;) ;)
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Limit_Out

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go BEARS
« Reply #42 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Well Rico quit picking on me.  LOL  I can't stay focused right now.  I'm deprived of ice and I will talk about any kind of fishing right now for a fix.  Ice or open water.  Eyes or cats.  Did I just say that?  It has nothing to do with ice, or the original post.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #43 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:53 AM »
LOL......I aint pickin' on ya LO..........just thought maybe you had a translation for what you found out on the open water as to the ice.  Keep up the thoughts....I find it intriquing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.