Author Topic: Skeeter?  (Read 2517 times)

Offline muggs1979

• IceShanty Rookie
Skeeter?
« on: Jan 20, 2022, 06:14 PM »
Any updates on Mosquito?

Offline muggs1979

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Skeeter?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2022, 10:18 PM »
I'll be heading out to Mosquito in the AM and will report back. Hopefully with some fish pictures.

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2022, 05:02 AM »
What area are you planning on fishing? Not sure where I want to start this year. Looking forward to reading your report.

Offline muggs1979

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2022, 03:34 PM »
Sorry for not reporting back sooner. I fished off of the Main St./cemetery access on the south end of the lake. Started in 10 FOW, then moved to 20', then to 15.' Caught about 30-40 dink perch, nothing worth keeping. They were everywhere, hitting as soon as I got my minnow down to the bottom. I moved mostly to try and get away from them to get on some crappie. I was planning on fishing until well after dark, but I ended up heading home at dusk so I missed that prime time.

Ice was a solid 7-8" but the snow cover made it a bit hard to move around.

I'm planning on heading out in a few days and will either try the north end near the buoy line, or further south closer to the dam. Will report back on that.

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2022, 12:24 PM »
I fished south of 88 last week tons of those dink perch. I stopped using minnows and still caught them. Landed a 2 pound pike, was a fun fight compared to the perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.