The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: HT Enterprises E drill  (Read 14585 times)

Offline george_l

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: HT Enterprises E drill
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2020, 10:34 AM »
I ended up buying the Eskimo Pistol 8" from Kittery Trading Post.  And then bought a Milwaukee Fuel 18 and a couple of 5Ah batteries to go with it.

Should be giving it a go this weekend.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Feb 02, 2020, 10:11 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline george_l

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:08 PM »
Used the Eskimo Pistol this weekend.  It was unreal.  10-11 inches of ice, about 1/2 of it grey.  I could not believe how easy and fast I chewed threw the ice.

I drilled more holes the past two days than I ever have.  Completely satisfied with my purchase.  I know it wasn't the HT, but thought I would weigh in with my experience.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:34 PM »
&feature=emb_logo
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline 50ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Nov 09, 2020, 07:35 AM »
I am a NO to either HT E drill or the similar new Cabela drill. The reason is due to the weak connector (wing screw) connecting both parts (extension rod and body of the auger). broke several times....one auger is still at the bottom of a lake. 

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 09, 2020, 09:37 AM »
Its strange because in the first video at the show, the rep indicates that it has lazer-style blades, but doesn't actually show them.  Every other picture I've found looks like it has the flat mora-style blade.  Have there been revisions to the design, or did the rep just misspeak in the video?
-Matt

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 16, 2020, 02:43 AM »
I don't understand why they would use the term "Lazer" store blades when those blades are fun a compressor. My HT AE-7  hand auger has curved blades. I've had it for years and have been using it with my Ice Gator with no issues. But I've been looking to reduce the weight of my auger setup. Last year I dropped some weight by getting 2 Amped Outdoors LifePo4 batteries to replace the SLA batteries that came with the gator.
jbird68

Offline tswoboda

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 20, 2020, 10:18 AM »
I am a NO to either HT E drill or the similar new Cabela drill. The reason is due to the weak connector (wing screw) connecting both parts (extension rod and body of the auger). broke several times....one auger is still at the bottom of a lake.
You can replace that with a collar bolt from the hardware store.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Nov 20, 2020, 10:37 AM »
You can replace that with a collar bolt from the hardware store.

My buddy used a lil tape on the input shaft ..and it was on a Clam Plate with a Clam Plate extension..believe he used the supplied collar bolt from the extension for that connection to the E-Drill and some Loctite..never an issue of it coming loose . 

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Dec 16, 2020, 06:05 PM »
Some videos in the past did not do it justice ..underpowered drill

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #42 on: Dec 16, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Im running a ht edrill this year.i will review it once ice hits.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.