The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Maquam shore  (Read 1853 times)

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
Maquam shore
« on: Feb 09, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Anyone having any luck up there??  I made it up last year right around ice out and and had a hell of a time with my dad....what a great day that was....wow caught a whole bunch like this and they were all hogs.  Big perch too....some nice largemouths too.  it was a day of running.

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Maquam shore
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Where is maquam shore? On Champlain?

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:28 AM »
No reports on Maquam?? 

Offline METOVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maine to Vermont & Back
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Maquam runs done the east side of Champlain in Swanton & St. Albans up around Butler Island. I haven't fished it this year yet but I've seen a couple of people out by Popsquash Island. Not sure what they have been up to as I really can't say if I saw any jacks set up.

I agree with later in the year as the past couple years proved March to be a better month as the pike seem to come in. I think last year I mowed the lawn about 20 days after fishing out front.

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:02 AM »
METOVT,

thats right, we were fishing out theere and it was like 50 degrees by noon and we already had a bunch of fish...thosee there were 10lbs

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Nice healthy looking fish. WTG. Did you catch them on shiners?

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:05 PM »
yeah, actually, it was funny because I was looking to get heavy's to take up there but the bait shop rran out so we were only using mediums....they worked wonders though!  All those fish with big bellies coming in to spawn.  the largemouth were in there like crazy as well.

Offline gofish33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gone fishin
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Was on Maquam's this morning jigging for perch, northern end near Swanton.  I only caught small perch and was about to leave when Marcum lit up like a Christmas Tree, lots of red,yellow, green near the bottom.  I dropped a jig down and caught smelt.  That was in 18 FOW.  Thought you guys that fish for critters that eat smelt would want to know.

gofish33

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2008, 09:23 AM »
hey guys, I am coming back to Grand Isle this weekend, looking like its gonna rain this week and I was wondering if you guys think it might fire up the northerns to move into spawning areas (like Maquam).  Either way, I am looking for any reports of where you guys hvee been getting them...thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.