Author Topic: Striker predator jacket  (Read 1076 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Striker predator jacket
« on: Jul 21, 2015, 08:09 PM »
Anyone have this jacket? I have bibs I like them alot I layer layer underneath with jogging pants and base layer I stay plenty warm. Curious who has the jacket how you layer underneath. Is it warm? Any feedback is appreciated.
Salmonemia

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Striker predator jacket
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2015, 08:38 PM »
I have the Climate jacket /bibs ...I hardly wear the jacket in my neck of the woods ..mostly wear  layers which include thin base ..wool sweater ...hoodie and a vest . I had a chance to see the Predator jacket and would say it is comparable to the Clam blue suits (which I have ) jacket... mine severed me well in some brutal conditions that my area can dish out . I think it would suit you just fine .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2015, 07:53 AM »
I have had this jacket for a couple years and love it.  You can use it with or with out the liner jacket depending on temp..  The liner jacket is a nice jacket on its own.  The outer shell has zippered vents to help regulate temp depending on activity level.  There are a couple features that I did not initially think I would use however after using the jacket I have found to be super useful.  Like the Hood and the key pocket in the arm.  The Hood is large warm and has a wire brim that allows you to adjust the shape/fit when you are in bad/windy weather.  The wire brim allows you to keep the hood on your head with out actually touching your head.  Since the hood does not touch your head but stays on your head, your head stays warm and dry with out sweating.  I was fishing in sleet up on Ross Lake with my back to the weather and it felt like I was in a shelter looking out.  The key pocket in the arm is great because you can put your keys in there and never touch them on know that they are there and since it is the only thing in the pocket you will not loose them by mistake when you are trying to get something else out of the pocket.  The other nice feature is that you can easily unzip the pocket with one hand and you do not have to dig through the layers to get to your keys.  The rest of the pockets are useful and functional.  I really do not have any negatives to say about the jacket.   

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2015, 10:09 PM »
Thanks for your input. I found a good sale on them
Salmonemia

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2015, 07:36 AM »
Thanks for your input. I found a good sale on them

After your purchase you should post a link to your found sale site ..a lot of members are just looking for a deal. good luck with your Parka.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2015, 11:07 AM »
will do, thanks for the info.  :tipup:
Salmonemia

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2015, 02:25 PM »
You will enjoy it, this is about when I bought mine.  I Just got the look   :cookoo: from the wife when I pulled a winter jacket out of the box that UPS just deliverd in August!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2015, 06:24 PM »
I own it and I highly recommend it
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline ryan3703

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Last year I went from the ice armor suit to the striker predator suit. very satisfied with my purchase. did have to go a size bigger on the jacket then the bibs.

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2015, 05:53 PM »
I have been looking at the clam jacket. It seems thin but is it warm? I have a cabelas jacket and it's real thick. Very warm but sometimes I wish it was thinner but I don't want to give up warmth. Any reviews on it would be helpful
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2015, 03:30 AM »
I have been looking at the clam jacket. It seems thin but is it warm? I have a cabelas jacket and it's real thick. Very warm but sometimes I wish it was thinner but I don't want to give up warmth. Any reviews on it would be helpful

I have the Clam blue Parka and Bibs ...its probably 5 years old ...its quite warm for my neck of the woods ..I have since upgraded to the Striker Ice Climate Parka/Bibs ...for flotation .

I have three friends that own the Sportsmans Guide Parka and Bibs ..it quite comparable to the clam blue suit.
I think if you buy the Parka and Bibs together you get even more off per item just another option

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-mens-winter-parka?a=750470

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-mens-cold-weather-insulated-bibs?a=1615947

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.