Author Topic: Kids boots  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Whitet

• IceShanty Rookie
Kids boots
« on: Oct 29, 2019, 06:24 PM »
What are all you folks with kids using for boots? I want to take my daughter with me this year, an cold feet is the killer that will make her not like it.
Thanks

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Kids boots
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2019, 06:59 PM »
My kids (6-8 boy and girl) have had pretty good luck with the Kamik Rocket boots. They’re a lined pac boot and if you read reviews, the fit is either perfect or tight. The pac liners aren’t a universal cut and tend to be a bit narrow at the toe but they fit my kids perfect. They have “average” not-wide feet. Baffin is also a brand we have good luck with. There’s always Bogs and Mucks. Not sure what your budget is. Also, consider a thermal sock liner and/or wool socks if the pacs (of any brand) are too tight. Cotton socks are foot freezer for sure. Leave some room for air circulation and you should be good to go.

This may sound strange but have her a wear a scarf or a neck gaitor. Keep the the kidney area warm too. You’d be surprised how well the body can regulate its own heat when a few key areas are kept warm. That is also the key to keeping other extremities warm. Keeping your core warm. And a good hat.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Got my kid some baffin boots off ebay. He is 6yrs old and he loves them. Got them used for like $35 bucks if i remember correctly. Worth every penny!

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2019, 04:31 PM »
Sorrel youth Joan of arc boots. A little pricey but the best I could find. Daughter's been warm since.

Offline Whitet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Thanks for info!

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2019, 06:50 AM »
My kid wears muck boots. boredom sets in before the cold gets to him lol. My son is 10 and drill a bunch of holes and he will go from one to the other for a little while. Then he slides around on the ice for a bit. Then I hear those words, Im bored. Lol I cant say much when I was a kid it bored me but then I got bit by that bug and love it. I figure a few more years he will understand how great fishing is.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2019, 12:14 PM »
This is slightly off topic from WhiteT's question but everyone knowledge believe Stabilicer brand creepers are available in child/youth sizes.
 Steve

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Kamik....I wear Kamiks too. They've also had sorels and lands end

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.