Author Topic: Kamik boots  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
Kamik boots
« on: Feb 25, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Looking fo a lighter set of boots for warmer days. ( Getting too old) Saw a few reviews on Kamik boots and nearly all were good. Reasonably priced too.
Don't see any mention here. Anyone have any reviews?
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Kamik boots
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:13 AM »
Have a pair for 16 years. Great boots.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2019, 04:48 AM »
Make/Model boots your looking at might help members chime in ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2019, 06:35 AM »
My dad really likes his. Don't know what they are but they're rated to -50F. His feet seem to be warmer than mine when we go out together, so I've been considering then myself.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2019, 06:57 AM »
Might want to consider cabelas. Snow runner pack boot 400 gram thinsolate ultra and breathable that's the best part.. I got the ones with standard laces..  they did when I bought mine they had a boa lace system..  witch had a steel cable for a lace..  i am glad I got mine with the stanard laces there fairly snug to putting on .. any how these are lighter then my kamik ice crushers and less sweety then the kamiks.. I like them way better then my kamik muck type boots too.

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:30 AM »
warmer days = potential wet conditions, so make sure what you get is waterproof.  I really like my Mucks, but after only 4 or 5 years, I can see having to replace them.  Ive worn them hunting some, and I dont think they are really durable enough for that.  I'll be watching the off season sales myself. 

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2019, 09:46 AM »
I have a pair of Kamiks and won't even take them on the ice.  I forget what model they are, but they leak water right in.  Terrible boots.

Offline Mandalore

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2019, 10:13 AM »
I have a pair of the Kamik Icebreaker work boots. I've never had any problems with water leaking in, even standing in close to a foot of water. They aren't the warmest boots in the world, I usually doubled up on socks and did alright on cold days, so if you want a cheap pair of decent boots for warmer days, they would be great.

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Icebreaker and Green Bay 4 are the ones I was looking at.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:44 PM »
There cheap boots! you buy too big they will ware out were your toes flex..  sooner or later all rubber boots do..  if you buy too big..  I think I paid $35 for my kamiks from gear core on sale when they were a sponsor of this site.. any how I like my personal choice is these snow runners from cabelas.. there made with same meterial as breathable waders just a heads up and there water proof.. I paid 59.99 for them and are the best boot yet.. I have had I had sorel's Canadian pack boots hodgemen pack boots kamik and the worst was a set of itaska pack boots I paId 39.99 for..I found the snow runners for 59.9o for a black friday sale but we're best boots ever owned thus far.. if your feet sweat the liners don't wick moisture away enough..  then rubber boot contains it in the liner on kamik boots.. and when you start sitting around your feet freeze..  I still have mine but don't use them any more cause I am not a active enough in them... i think there not as good as my cabelas snow runner boots if you ask me?

https://www.cabelas.com/product/footwear/mens-footwear/mens-pac-winter-boots/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/103959180/cabelas-snow-runner-winter-boots/749510.uts?slotId=2

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2019, 12:05 PM »
I wouldn't trade my 30 year old Boundary Boots for anything but at my age they are just too darned heavy.
Just need to find a light waterproof warm pair that won't break the bank. Those Cabela's look good but probably too old to bend down and tie the laces.

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2019, 03:30 PM »
There cheap boots! you buy too big they will ware out were your toes flex..  sooner or later all rubber boots do..  if you buy too big..  I think I paid $35 for my kamiks from gear core on sale when they were a sponsor of this site.. any how I like my personal choice is these snow runners from cabelas.. there made with same meterial as breathable waders just a heads up and there water proof.. I paid 59.99 for them and are the best boot yet.. I have had I had sorel's Canadian pack boots hodgemen pack boots kamik and the worst was a set of itaska pack boots I paId 39.99 for..I found the snow runners for 59.9o for a black friday sale but we're best boots ever owned thus far.. if your feet sweat the liners don't wick moisture away enough..  then rubber boot contains it in the liner on kamik boots.. and when you start sitting around your feet freeze..  I still have mine but don't use them any more cause I am not a active enough in them... i think there not as good as my cabelas snow runner boots if you ask me?

https://www.cabelas.com/product/footwear/mens-footwear/mens-pac-winter-boots/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/103959180/cabelas-snow-runner-winter-boots/749510.uts?slotId=2

I know it's not the intent of the post, but i also will not buy Itasca boots. My wife had some and the rubber was stiff and jagged inside, and cut her feet. We threw them away after one season (unfortunately we were too far past purchase to return them and they were so bad we didn't feel right donating them).
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2019, 03:36 PM »
I know it's not the intent of the post, but i also will not buy Itasca boots. My wife had some and the rubber was stiff and jagged inside, and cut her feet. We threw them away after one season (unfortunately we were too far past purchase to return them and they were so bad we didn't feel right donating them).

Same problem I had.. same thing i did.. threw the itasca boots away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.