Author Topic: Lots of folks at louise this weekend.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lots of folks at louise this weekend.
« on: Nov 29, 2010, 07:32 PM »
Well howd you all make out? I got u all marked on my gps so cmon guys tell me some lies...

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lots of folks at louise this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2010, 09:01 PM »
I didn't even know you were out there. We spent 3 days working on the cabin. No fishing. Saw a few caught though. I, myself, brought a nice fish into one shanty do to my extreme "fish whispering"! The weather was reasonable, the lake was talking loud at times and I had a great time. Need more ice and snow! 10 inches of snow is not enough to float a machine in the woods.

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Well our shack is within ear shout of Dirt's cabin. Nice to meet you mike. We will be back up there this weekend to put a couple Important shelfs and needs in the shack. Trying to decide if we should move a little farther north into deeper water. No burbot, first trip ever without a burbot on the line. Sounds like Iced had a good one on that just schooled him :) Good luck and remember lake trout are the fish of a thousand jigs, and if that doesn't work, bring whitefish.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Well our shack is within ear shout of Dirt's cabin. Nice to meet you mike. We will be back up there this weekend to put a couple Important shelfs and needs in the shack. Trying to decide if we should move a little farther north into deeper water. No burbot, first trip ever without a burbot on the line. Sounds like Iced had a good one on that just schooled him :) Good luck and remember lake trout are the fish of a thousand jigs, and if that doesn't work, bring whitefish.

Nice to meet you and chat a while. I figured you boys went to the lodge for prime rib, got all liquered up and missed the shanty on the way back. ;) I was up until 2 AM Saturday night wiring the inverter in. Never saw you come in..... and you were gone in the AM..... Hugh said he saw movement out there early. You might try closer to my place along the front of those cabins to the north of me.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2010, 11:04 PM »
Hey Mike
Did you ever get your generator fixed up?
What was the issue?   ;)

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2010, 11:15 PM »
 I, myself, brought a nice fish into one shanty do to my extreme "fish whispering"!.
      I think ur whispering fell on deaf ears the one you caught was deaf and damn near blind as i heard it.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2010, 12:45 PM »
Hey Mike
Did you ever get your generator fixed up?
What was the issue?   ;)

The inverter/engine controller crapped the bed. $600 part. Not worth fixing unless I find someone with a bad engine. It appears that a capacitor blew out. It is in a metal finned mount covered with the poly stuff. Been looking at trying to fix it. Unfortunately, I cannot read the specs on it and the schematic does not give them. If anyone has ideas on how to fix this....

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2010, 12:47 PM »
I, myself, brought a nice fish into one shanty do to my extreme "fish whispering"!.
      I think ur whispering fell on deaf ears the one you caught was deaf and damn near blind as i heard it.

I didn't even fish. I know, I know.... I am a slacker. I had some stuff to do at the cabin.

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2010, 04:17 PM »
You always got stuff to do at the cabin..BUT you do have a cabin..see i have a cabin too its just movable and i do all the maintance at my house. I do have a big hole in my floor but the fish like it like that. ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2010, 07:25 PM »
The inverter/engine controller crapped the bed. $600 part. Not worth fixing unless I find someone with a bad engine. It appears that a capacitor blew out. It is in a metal finned mount covered with the poly stuff. Been looking at trying to fix it. Unfortunately, I cannot read the specs on it and the schematic does not give them. If anyone has ideas on how to fix this....

(Image removed from quote.)

Ouch!!!

Go get a 2000 watt Yamaha as a replacement.   ;)2

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Hey fish whisperer I knew you should of done a dance around my hole.  I think the fish might like bad dancing.  I did catch 2 at that spot Sun.  Iced definitely had the fish of the weakend but his spoon was tangled in his line so he couldn't get a good hook set.  I saw the bend in his rod and it looked big.  All in all managed 9 lakers and 1 burbot, biggest laker was only 26" but still had fun.  Gonna go back next weakend maybe for an extended stay.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:46 AM »
If you guys keep picking on the old man, he will show up with his chicken feet from the Phillipines and do a little chant! ;)

Glad to hear that you had a bit of success. My gear is almost ready. I just had to install an inverter and do some wiring to test it. They guy that I got it from is very patient and was going to give me a refund if it was bad. It works like a champ!

I understand. You were looking out for my health. You really didn't want a helicopter to show up to pick up the guy with the broken hip. It might scare the fish anyways......

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:43 AM »
 I saw the bend in his rod and it looked big.

Did it look like this?   ;D

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:38 PM »
No it was bigger ;D
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2010, 12:58 AM »
No it was bigger ;D

Is it the one I whispered up? ;)

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:20 PM »

It could have ate these for dinner.

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2010, 04:02 PM »
alright fine i gotta make it up there later this month!
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline trekk202

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish Head
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Those are some fantastic fish!  Nice work, Iced! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.