Author Topic: Fishing Harlow  (Read 955 times)

Offline jhfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing Harlow
« on: Dec 09, 2018, 10:06 AM »
Fished Harlow lake yesterday. Beautiful day and good solid 4+ in all around. Had one Pike on a tip up but that was it. Very slow. Anyone have tips on where the fish are at? Didn't mark much and the whole lake seems to be a giant sand flat (with exception to the weeds we tried for Pike in, with no luck).

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
Re: Fishing Harlow
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2018, 11:06 AM »
Move around until you find structure.

Structure=fish.

Offline atallgiraffe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Fished Harlow lake yesterday. Beautiful day and good solid 4+ in all around. Had one Pike on a tip up but that was it. Very slow. Anyone have tips on where the fish are at? Didn't mark much and the whole lake seems to be a giant sand flat (with exception to the weeds we tried for Pike in, with no luck).

Been a while since I've fished Harlow, but I would usually fish the northern tip of the southern lobe. There's a bit of a hole there. Would usually get a consistent panfish bite, but very few if any of keeper size. Usually did OK on pike, but again rarely anything of size. Someone else may chime in but my experience there is that it's very difficult to walk off the ice with anything worth cleaning.

Offline Teggs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2018, 11:39 AM »
Harlow is just a river flooding, not much any structure or depth of any kind.  Mosty weeds and silt, It only holds big largemouth amd descent smallmouth, the pike and panfish are very small. Sometimes people get steehead though first ice off the river mouth ice is usually sketch af though.

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2018, 12:06 PM »
I’ve caught very big gills through the ice there.  Just have to find them.

Weeds=structure=fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.