Author Topic: Forced air propane heater  (Read 1534 times)

Offline KGrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
Forced air propane heater
« on: Jul 20, 2006, 02:28 AM »
http://www.zodi.com/web-content/Consumer/zodihotvent.html

Just came across that today.  I think I might try it on my house.  Would be nice to get rid of the humidity that the Mr. Buddy puts out, and get rid of the Mr. Buddy getting in the way, since my shack isn't that big.

My biggest concern would be the wind blowing the unit out.  I don't know how it works, havn't gotten that far.  I could build a box of the back for wind protection and hook it up to a 20lb bottle so it wouldn't be effected by the cold so easily.

I would love to have a wood stove, but my shack just isn't big enough.

Whatda think?

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Forced air propane heater
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2006, 07:04 AM »
http://www.zodi.com/web-content/Consumer/zodihotvent.html

Just came across that today.  I think I might try it on my house.  Would be nice to get rid of the humidity that the Mr. Buddy puts out, and get rid of the Mr. Buddy getting in the way, since my shack isn't that big.

My biggest concern would be the wind blowing the unit out.  I don't know how it works, havn't gotten that far.  I could build a box of the back for wind protection and hook it up to a 20lb bottle so it wouldn't be effected by the cold so easily.

I would love to have a wood stove, but my shack just isn't big enough.

Whatda think?

Looks like a great idea...my shanty is small also...a box on the outside may work...keep us posted  ;D

Offline KGrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Forced air propane heater
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2007, 11:33 PM »
Don't waste you time with this heater.  Even with my small insulated shack it would only raise the temperature to about 40 when it was 0 outside. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.