Author Topic: Whats everyone using to sit on in their shantys??  (Read 9280 times)

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Whats everyone using to sit on in their shantys??
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:16 AM »
I have a nice leather executive chair that I converted after my wifes gynormous assistant sat on it and broke it, that I use in my one man, otherwise, my 2 man has the bench seat.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #31 on: Jan 01, 2008, 12:28 PM »
to warm for hut(Image removed from quote.)

Now that is my idea of a nice homemade ice fishing box! What's the inside look like? I think you nailed it for the perfect size!

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2008, 04:34 PM »
La-Z-Boy

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:36 PM »
I alternate from a bucket to a tri-pod folding chair that came with my HT Shelter. I still bring the bucket either way to put all the fish I catch in. I thought about cutting a hole in the side to toss my fish through, but don't want to weaken the bucket to where I can't sit on it. The lid is too hard to keep taking off and on to throw the fish inside.
jbird68

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:27 PM »
I alternate from a bucket to a tri-pod folding chair that came with my HT Shelter. I still bring the bucket either way to put all the fish I catch in. I thought about cutting a hole in the side to toss my fish through, but don't want to weaken the bucket to where I can't sit on it. The lid is too hard to keep taking off and on to throw the fish inside.

I've noticed that about the 5 gallon buckets, too.  I thought about cutting off some of the 'fingers' that you have to pry out to open them, but then I found saw the lids on driveway-salt buckets.  They only have four of the fingers, and they only cover about of quarter of the edges altogether.  They're much easier to open, and I'd bet your driveway or walkway has been icy at one point in time, so you might as well buy the bucket of salt anyway.  Put the other lid on the salt so it seals better though...  hehehe

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline sperrin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:03 AM »
If its warm enough out that I dont have to sit in the shack I use folding lawn chairs, but if its inside the shack I just use milk crates or 5 gallon pails.

Offline icemama

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 10, 2008, 10:12 AM »
I found four folding chairs at a garage sale ....25 cents each
found canvas at another sale 1.00 dollar
i sewed canvas double with left over stuffing from garage sale pillows 2 @ 25 CENTS
I used a staple gun to secure canvas to the wooden folding chairs
the boys and i have been using them for fishing for 7 years now.
total cost=2.50
icemama

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2008, 08:26 AM »

"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.