Author Topic: Champagne House- 8'x16'  (Read 12306 times)

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
Re: Champagne House- 8'x16'
« Reply #60 on: Jan 11, 2017, 05:59 AM »
I went the cheaper route and and used high density foam insulation sealed with spray foam at the joints.  It was a pain in the a#$ and took way too long.  Once it's warm, the furnace is either off or on low.  It holds heat very well, I typically sleep out during derby weekend and it's comfortable.  I like the stove in your last post.  That will definitely be enough.  I haven't been to Ellacoya yet, I like that spot better for late winter.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Jan 11, 2017, 10:31 AM »
I owned an Eskabe, the same one you are looking at and they are nice, but can be finicky at times.  The 17,000 will heat your shack well and once it is warm it will be on pilot most of the time.  Run a sediment trap on your propane line so junk wont get in your heater, and I bought a two way valve at a camper shop so I could run two tanks of propane and when one tank emptied it would swap to the other.  No changing tanks at 2am....cant say enough about that ;D Probably the best decision I made on my new shack build.  Get that ol girl on the ice before it is gone!
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline NHGunowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 21, 2017, 08:58 PM »
2 years in the making and she's finally at the lake!
I did however leave it on shore. Once again this year the ice kinda sucks and I don't want to be worrying about it.
But I did drag it around with the wheeler a bit and it tows no problem. So when I go back up next week I'll hook right up and go.
Also I weighed it, on the way up and again the empty truck on the way home. She weighs 3,180 including some gear in it. My guess was 3k, so I was right on the money.
Also interesting is even with that weight, how low the ground contact pressure is. I have 32 sq ft of ski on the ground. 2 skis, 12" wide, 16' on the ground (18' total, discounting the ramped ends). That's only 100lbs a sq ft, less than .7psi. That should float through any amount of snow, without issue.

Offline NHGunowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:01 PM »
Here a pic from today. Window and door shutters up for security/ vandalism protection.

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2017, 06:03 PM »
Nice glad you got it out.  Good you weighed it too, I'm always guessing on mine and I figured mine was 3000lbs...may be 3500lbs.
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Congrats, great job sticking with it.  I enjoyed your build.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline NHGunowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 23, 2017, 04:47 AM »
Thanks guys.
Interior finishing will happen next summer, but now it's FISHIN TIME!
Me and one of my boys are gonna spend the night in it next weekend.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 23, 2017, 08:14 AM »
Thanks guys.
Interior finishing will happen next summer, but now it's FISHIN TIME!
Me and one of my boys are gonna spend the night in it next weekend.
How about some pics of that!! That's cool!!  ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline redneckfisherman5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 23, 2017, 08:24 PM »
Here a pic from today. Window and door shutters up for security/ vandalism protection.

How much ice you waiting for to put your 8x16 on? My 7x13 pop up trailer weighs 2900lbs and I'm skeptical on putting it out right now
Trout -the real pink meat

Offline NHGunowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 23, 2017, 08:41 PM »
I want to see like 7" before it ventures out. Even at that, I won't leave it overnight unless the weather looks favorable.
I'd like 9+ before it goes out for an extended time.
It's entirely possible that I'm using it as base camp on the shore for the next couple weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.