Author Topic: fish house insides  (Read 6729 times)

Offline forest city spearing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: fish house insides
« Reply #30 on: Jan 19, 2015, 07:40 PM »
you know alot about how to make fish houses badass!!! I started the floor plan tonight but got as far as the heater and door and the holes, i dont really know how to go for the bed/bench and how its gonna fold up.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 19, 2015, 08:05 PM »

think of it this way  if you use blocks of wood with  like a peg or a bolt to make it hinge from blocks like 2x4's of  wood at x-amount out from the wall and x height like a bucket height..  make a wood frame like 2x4's and sheet ply wood to make the bed... leave like 3 long 2x4's on one side  for the peg hinge on one side.... then use a stop block that hold it up on the opposite side of the seat.... like so it does not hit the floor....  attached to the bunk or fold under it or to the floor or  floor right at the walls so out of the way like so not to trip over them if folded up....   this is why i say design it.....  you can use 1 thick oak dowels for the pegs by the way  i like 3 points along the wall for the hinge and 3 for the stop blocks so it can support the weight of two guys.. for  two people on each side of the room or  make one big bunk bench along one side would work too...  just depend on what you like best... i also enjoy wood working so like said the skies the limits too there... there is many ways of doing this that is just one of them... there are tons more out there...

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2015, 08:57 PM »
i think im gonna make one that has hinges under it so it can fold up and use bunk hinges for support the make foldable legs so the hinges dont take all the weight and break, then cut a hole in the wall so then its folded in its flat and roomy, but i like your idea

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 19, 2015, 10:49 PM »
there are so many ways to do it that it is not funny that why i say put it on paper and figure what you want you can even estimate cost by doing so like x amount of 2x4 used etc... etc...

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2015, 01:15 PM »
hopefully cheap, i got alot of the supplies already

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2015, 07:02 PM »
other than fishhousesupply.com what else sites are there to find fish house supplies, i know i can look at places like hardware hanks and farm supply stores but there arent many around where i live the closest is runnings but theres not alot there.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2015, 10:10 PM »
like said if you build it right they will come...  if you already thinking of it why not think about the floor plan first...//// also what about over head storage simple ply wood design will get it done... better to drawl it all out like they say measure twice cut once.
My favorite is "a good carpenter can cover up his mistakes.
Thread killer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2015, 01:41 PM »
i think i'll have at least 8 holes in the house, but only have 6 fish, the other two will be for rattle reels and if im not using them make something that can be put down in the ice that will be like a cooler, now i've been looking at hole covers and for 8 of them is not very cheap.  I was wondering if anyone has build some out of 5 gallon paillids and the lips from the pails?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.