Author Topic: One Tricked Out Scout TC  (Read 11567 times)

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
Re: One Tricked Out Scout TC
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2012, 11:17 PM »
The sled glides much smoother and has less drag, then when it had no skis.....it glides. I've seen several local guys use skis on their jet sleds These fish traps cant be flipped closed while elevated on a smitty sled, as it wouldnt seal to the ice. Thanks!

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Mar 05, 2012, 03:24 AM »
how about a couple hooks on front of your tray in the front then you put your auger in them??? What is the blue thing on the outside of one of your buckets?
Gator Nation

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 05, 2012, 06:58 AM »
That's a bass pro bucket organizer. The auger could go on the deck, if I would use a setup comparable to how a weight barbell set, sets on a weight bench, otherwise the auger would have to hang real low and drag in the snow.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2012, 08:45 AM »
looks great! i been thinking of putting some kind of box on the front of my scout and was looking at putting a quik disconnect or fold down auger rack on the tub of the sled so the rack isn't in the way of the shack closing,this way any gas that may leak would just leak on the ground and not on my gear.i had carpet in my sled at 1 point but with the moisture getting in there it did get a bit mildewy

Offline danerc07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 05, 2012, 11:02 AM »
That thing is tight!!! How does it pull fully loaded in the snow?!?
youtube.com/danerc07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 05, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Thanks guys! Pulls effortlessly. I also have a 7.5 8' lead rope and ditched the short stock rope that causes you to lift and pull vertically instead of a horizontal pull that the longer lead allows to happen.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 05, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Swapping out the stock rope is a good call. I immediately switched mine out for a 16 footer. Makes a TON of difference. :tipup:

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #37 on: Mar 09, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Looks close to the smitty sled. Looks really good. How does it tow with the sled right on the skis??? The smitty sled design is lifted up in the air and I was lookin into more like what you did.

I was thinking the same thing. It may pull ok in ice and packed snow but how is it on deeper snow? Looks like snow will build up at front of shack and make pulling more difficult.
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #38 on: Mar 09, 2012, 10:47 AM »
I think it will glide right up and over the snow, although it will never see deep snow. I live in Iowa and we never get any deep snow. It is pretty rare to even have 6" of snow on the ground at any given time. 12" of snow at one time of the ground is something we havent seen since the 70's.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #39 on: Mar 23, 2012, 11:18 AM »
I won 1st place in Clam's,"Trick your Trap" contest!!!! I won a $200 blue ice armor suit! Thanks for the compliments guys!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.