Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH IDEAS!!!  (Read 928 times)

Offline cornerback21

• Team IceShanty Regular
NEED HELP WITH IDEAS!!!
« on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:49 AM »
i just got a  clam trapper and really have the urge to make some nice, helpful modifications. any information is helpful!!! thanks ;)

Offline Superpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NEED HELP WITH IDEAS!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:59 AM »
The seat.  If you have the same one I have, it comes with a folding chair.  Been looking at replacing it with a 7 gal. bucket, or something that utilizes space better.  Sort of afraid that the bucket idea might result in a cracked sled on a really cold day.   

Offline cornerback21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2012, 03:02 PM »
i was actually thinking about making a seat frame to go on top of the sled. then i could still put stuff under it but have a lightweight, and comfortable seat

Offline crankshaft013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2012, 10:38 AM »
I built a few things for my Rover 1.5 that have been very useful to me.   Some of my mod's are posted in other threads, and since my comp crashed last night, I can't upload pics right now. but I've built;

Auger Rack - on the outside of the sled. no more carrying the auger, and not worried about it tearing material or bouncing around on top of gear.
Tackle "Caddy"  - can be seen here.. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=214520.0
Adjustable rod holders.

Also built an aluminum framework/divider in the sled to hold my bait bucket, heater, a spare pail in place.

Added a longer rope to the sled and ski's, pulls much nicer by hand.

For lighting I thought about wiring in LED's but instead of that, I bought 3 rechargeable LED treble lights. cheap, very bright, they last for hours, magnets hold them in place on the frame rails  on the sides or ceiling.

If your not familiar with the rover 1.5 for seating, all it comes with is a carpeted 2x6 for a "bench"  I added a nice padded folding stadium chair, and that was okay for a while, but I'm working on idea's for better seating as well.  Also looking into insulating.

Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.