Author Topic: Payment options  (Read 2005 times)

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
Payment options
« on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:04 AM »
I have some items I would like to sell, but before I do I would like to know what are some payment options other than PayPal or personal checks.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Payment options
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Money orders, most people use PayPal because it protects the buyer and seller and that you get the money within minutes of it being sent.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Just a reminder that you have to be a Militia member to sell items on IS! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2017, 10:06 AM »
bitcoin is the latest option.

https://bitcoin.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

https://www.bitcoin.com/

if you take a check, just wait until it clears in the bank before sending and let the buyer know upfront.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2017, 04:09 PM »
I use Venmo with friends alot.  Paypal is what I've always used for online stuff though.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2017, 04:25 PM »
If you got a smart phone cube and square are the newest ways to take credit cards.. if you got a small business if just selling stuff on line??  I think you can set it up threw the web hosting vompany you set up threw..  like a blog page but has a sale platform were you advertise your like pictures of etc..with prices you can get this by searching for small business soft ware and hosting sites like godaddy.com etc    and you just set up your account it goes into... but paypal is a bonus cause people can pay you very easily and you can list it as form of payment..

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2017, 05:38 PM »
I should have specified that I'm looking to sell online.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2017, 08:12 PM »
I should have specified that I'm looking to sell online.

Godaddy.com and others sites have small business covered..  with their sites as soon as it's ordered the money transfers to your account if it's small business sales on line they also have advertising packages too.. if Web site design is what is needed..

if your just buying and selling stuff you could list them in ebay.com or amazon.com after signing up for a PayPal account there Web site ties the two together all you got to do is list it as a buy it now deal etc bid action etc..and pay for the listing..  I do a lot of ebay shopping cause of the free shipping offered they offer.. you by off manufactures on ebay for same price for one item but shpiping is free.. unlike that of cabelas or bass pro cause at 10.95 for shipping..

I can add extra stuff to my order... like  swivels or hook for , lure molds , etc..that people list ... I think I had 150 in my cart at cabelas and the shipping was $14.95  and that is a second duck call or squirrel call etc.. even pair of fishing pliers ot what ever cause shipping is so high.. when all is said and done..  but just remember to either add it in to the sale price or list it with shipping on ebay cause people will ship for free and screw then selfs when it cost $18 to ship.. stuff like fishing poles...  then if some one asks for a item you just show them how to find it on ebay or leave them a card with you Web address on it..  from go daddy what ever one suits you best..

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Aug 13, 2017, 08:42 PM »
whats wrong with paypal?most buyers trust this payment method.ive been on ebay as a seller for years and I like how paypal works as long as your items are described accurately and not broken .no problems..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:11 PM »
whats wrong with paypal?most buyers trust this payment method.ive been on ebay as a seller for years and I like how paypal works as long as your items are described accurately and not broken .no problems..

I am not totally complaining but have had problems my self with paypal. At first when they seprated from eBay I had to have my bank stop payment to the paypal company..   for Some reason a company on ebay would not ship the whole order.. they used one tracking number as the whole order there was 2 parts and I only got one of them.. complained to ebay and and paypal till I just went to my bank.. cause it was on credit card..

Also if looking in to small business sites check out www.angelfire.com  it's a business hosting site..

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:15 PM »
We use emt ( electronic money transfer) a lot here in Canada. Bank to bank transfer. There's no safety for the sender though... once transferred and accepted, mo recourse.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2017, 09:23 PM »
Angelfire.com is a free Web site you can start your business today if you have paypal.com there is different packages free all the to a $150 I think plan a year depending how big you make your self..

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Do you have like a few items or are you wanting to start an online business? 

I have used Paypal, I hate it, they contribute to the anti-gun cause, but is widely used.Even if a company offers credit card payments or the option for paypal, I choose paypal because of the buyer protection.    They can screw you as a seller, just like eBay they almost always side with the buyer.  I think they charge me 5% to receive money from ebay buyers.  eBay charges 10% so selling on there isn't that lucrative at 15% costs.

My wife and I have two banks, one is 150 miles away and we transfer money back and forth for $0.50 per transaction using PopMoney.   I am not sure if it is a buying/selling type transfer company.  Takes a few days for $2500 to transfer, which seems long to me but it is all we can find for $0.50. 
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline mountaintana

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Aug 17, 2017, 07:12 PM »

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Aug 18, 2017, 06:03 PM »
Not looking to start a business. Just looking to sell a few things.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.