Author Topic: SLOUGH  (Read 8633 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: SLOUGH
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2019, 02:41 AM »
Get away from the computer and c
Go for a drive al bundy

Abishop is very respected in here and helpful, I suggest using Al Bundy's shoe horn to pull your foot out of your .....

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2019, 04:43 AM »
Abishop is very respected in here and helpful, I suggest using Al Bundy's shoe horn to pull your foot out of your .....

Oh ya ? In the six years that I've been involved with this website I don't ever recall getting any knowledgeable information from Al ....but I have had numerous PM's from him asking for information with no thank you or kiss my Ace after the information is given. So that being said if you have a man crush on him keep your feelings to yourself. Because last I knew Al hasn't even fished this year nor do I think in the six years I've been on here that he has fished at all

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:17 AM »
Some of you guys need to catch some fish quick before your hair catches fire.  If needed I could take you with me.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 10, 2019, 11:09 AM »
Hang in there Al! Those of us that know you still like you!!!!! ::) ::) ::)
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 10, 2019, 01:13 PM »
Hang in there Al! Those of us that know you still like you!!!!! ::) ::) ::)
Teach
Thank you, teach

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 10, 2019, 09:10 PM »
Holy Shat!!! that feeling you get when you just walk into a room that gives you an awkward feeling. Thats right now  ;D

Offline BandSearcher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Anybody try the Slough lately?

Offline shantyking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Ok on bass with tip-ups bluegill is hit or miss the size isn't what it use to be on gills but still decent by all means. The best for me is drill 6 or 8 holes and move back and forth.

Offline BandSearcher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:24 AM »
Thanks. Buddy and I fished out there yesterday afternoon until dark and brought home about 20 bluegill. Some real nice ones but a lot of drinks we didn't keep. There was 6 inches of good clear ice.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Thinking about making my madian voyage this year Saturday. Who else is planning on going ? Going to give is a couple days to tighten back up. Suppose to be 46 Thursday.

Offline sloughslabber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:01 PM »
Thursday will be a smash fest!

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 13, 2019, 03:44 PM »
Al. If no good rain. Tbat ice will be fine. Go catch fish. They are there.
Got one goin'!

Offline denhar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:32 AM »
Fished wed. Ice was solid at bird house. open water near island.lots of small gill brought home 10

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 14, 2019, 12:11 PM »
ANYONE KNOW IF THE BAIT SHOP IS OPEN ACROSS FROM ENTRANCE TO THE SLOUGH?

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 14, 2019, 02:05 PM »
WONDERING IF THERE WAS A REPEAT OF THE SO CALLED ST. VALENTINES DAY MASSACRE AT THE SLOUGH LIKE BACK IN THE 80'S. there WAS LIKE 10,0000
 FISH CAUGHT THIS DAY. THE FRONT LOOKED LIKE SWISS CHEESE ALL OVER. FISH BY THE BUCKETFULLS. FISH WOULD COME TO THE OPENINGS SUCKING IN FRESH AIR. OH, THE GOOD OLD YEARS. MEMORIES.... ANYONE MAKE IT OUT TODAY???

Offline countryboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!
« Reply #45 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:04 PM »
AB pretty sure that bait shop has been closed for a couple years now. The truck stop on the corner of 41 & 10 sells bee moth. Used to be a half ass bait shop right next to it but not sure if they're even open still.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:18 PM »
AB pretty sure that bait shop has been closed for a couple years now. The truck stop on the corner of 41 & 10 sells bee moth. Used to be a half ass bait shop right next to it but not sure if they're even open still.
Rosies did open back up late spring last year. Wondering if open 4 ice fishing???

Offline bottom bouncer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 14, 2019, 09:39 PM »
The old Chief's bait off 10 and 41 was an antique shop last winter but they still carried a bit of bait and a few jigs. This year I have yet to see it open. The Sportsman's Den in Cedar Lake about a mile east of the light on 41 carries a full line of bait along with ice rods and tackle if you are heading to the Slough from up north. Seems finding a good bait shop is getting harder and harder these days.
Being retired is turning into hard work!

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:02 PM »
The gas station just befor the kankakee river on 41 has minnows shiners worms wax worms and red worms..grumpy sum b$&@h haha but he gots em 99% of the time. Not sure how early he opens though
"It aint how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Offline seasalt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Any ice report as of today, Friday Feb.15? I live an hour and a half away and don't wanna make the trip out saturday if the ice is bad. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Offline Iceman4521

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:49 AM »
ANYONE KNOW IF THE BAIT SHOP IS OPEN ACROSS FROM ENTRANCE TO THE SLOUGH?

Yes it’s open it’s called Wilson bait and tackle now. It’s a new ownership they have a Facebook page you can look them up and call or message them on facebook
Andrew

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 19, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Anyone planning on heading out Thursday and want to hook up?

Offline ho-zee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 19, 2019, 06:59 PM »
I will take you out and catch some of these a few mIles from where you live....pm me

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:14 PM »

Going to the east on thursday AL. otherwise id say yeah. Got a few bags of fish from the slough, so now im looking for quality. 😁
Got one goin'!

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:22 PM »
I plan on heading to maxi Thursday but have been hearing some sketchy ice reports. If it doesn't pan out I'm sure I will end up at the slough.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:34 PM »
What's the sketchy ice reports ?

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:47 PM »
I'm not on assbook but was sent some posts copied from there saying a few areas have opened up on the east and south sides. A few reported areas starting to honeycomb. I haven't been over in 2 weeks so I really don't know.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:57 PM »
Ok thank you , ya I dont blame you I don't have assbook either . My wife calls this my fish book cause I'm always looking at it  ;D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 19, 2019, 08:56 PM »
I was on maxi yesterday. The ice i was on, was fine. I did not find any areas of interest, BESIDES... there are some soft edges.

I parked on the north end by the park, things "looked" fine. 1 guy fishing close, few others out further towards long point.

Drove over to the public access, need to watch footing getting on all along the shore there, as some spots are soft, there is a small shove right at the access.

Drove down by the channels and checked stuff out. Mouth of the channels has a crack all the way across and rather wet. Middle channel had a soft spot right off the corner like it always does too.

Did not drive up along the east side of the lake, as i didnt care to fish any of that area. Yes there is open water on the east side of lake, very easy to identify.

Ice i was on was not honeycomb, it was in pretty good shape, fished well into the night and the lake was having a wonderful conversation with me the entire time spent jiggin.

Lets see what type of rain we get, and how much rain we get. Rain and wind is going to be our biggest factor come this weekend. I plan on fishing thursday. Sunday looks too windy for me, especially now that i can pick and choose when to fish. Lol.
Got one goin'!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 19, 2019, 09:13 PM »
Nice report and thank you ! I will hopefully be out there this weekend for one more whoopin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.