Author Topic: recipes  (Read 1131 times)

Offline crazyforfish

• IceShanty Rookie
recipes
« on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:24 PM »
just thought i would start a new subject so everyone could share each others fish cooking recipes.
randy

Offline crazyforfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: recipes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:01 PM »
were having crappie tonight whats the best way to cook it i was thinking beer batter
randy

Offline bobdboater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:08 PM »
My favorite recipe is Dipped in Egg or Milk and then coated with Cracker meal. Put some Crisco in a pan and fry till golden brown. Kids love them and they beg for more.......
A bad day fishing is better than being at work.

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • dav, no better time to wet your line.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:09 PM »
Melt some butter, cover the bottom of a baking pan 9" x 9" or 9" x 14" (depending on amt of fillets, big enough pan so as not to overlap fillets) with butter. Place fillets in pan. Cover fish with remaining butter, sprinkle with garlic powder, light onion powder, light salt & pepper and light Paprika. Broil in center of oven till golden brown. Sometimes I sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs.   :thumbsup:

Thats just one way, to many to list...

dav  
FIND PEACE, LOSE YOURSELF IN NATURE....

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:19 PM »
I like them breaded in italian bread crumbs mixed with parmesan cheese and if your heart can take it fried in butter, some roasted potatoes, and a triple bypass dessert.

Offline RowdyRay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2010, 02:52 PM »
My favorite is floured or battered and fried. I'll post that in another thread. But, if you're in the mood for something different or don't want to stand at the stove frying up fish, (or don't feel like cleaning up the grease spatter mess) here's a couple of great recipes. Here's what I came up with.

Ranch Filets

12 - 20 crappie and/or sunny filets
1/2 - 1 stick butter   (use your own judgement here)
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix  (If only doing 10 or 12 filets, 1/2 packet is good)
1 1/2 qt covered glass casserole dish

How much butter depends on the number of filets. Melt the butter in the casserole dish. Layer the filets in the dish, sprinkling some of the ranch on each layer. Cover. Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until flaky. Again, depends on how many filets.

You can use any sized pan to accomodate more filets, but I prefer the glass. If baking more fish and using a cake pan, just adjust butter, ranch and baking time. I've even made it on the grill in a foil pan. The Ranch will settled to the bottom. I like to stir it and put the juice over my taters.

Here's one that dad got from a church member. Real good, considering I don't care for blue cheese. I'll add a few changes at the bottom.

Blue Cheese Filets

12 - 20 crappie and/or sunny filets
1 Bottle blue cheese dressing
Blue cheese crumbles
Couple red onion slices (leave in rings or cut in half)
1 1/2 qt glass baking casserole dish

Same above, adjust according to number of filets. Put some of the dressing in the dish and layer the filets. Cover the filets with dressing. Put as many onion rings as you like over it and sprinkle with as many cheese crumbles as you like. Bake UNCOVERED at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until flaky. Again, depends on number of filets. The dressing can be used over the taters too.

Since I don't care for blue cheese, I use the cheapest generic or store brand dressing and omit the crumbles. I put about a tsp of minced garlic (from a jar) over the filets before covering with dressing and onions. It's actually really good on a couple of walleye filets in a cake pan too.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.