Author Topic: Tried the Iceloks yet?  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Tried the Iceloks yet?
« on: Dec 12, 2003, 05:06 AM »
Has anyone tried the new "T"-shaped anchors called Iceloks yet? You partially auger a hole ,then anchor your shanty/trap with them. If so, what the cheapest price on the net you've found?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
Re:Tried the Iceloks yet?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2003, 10:37 PM »
I found the Iceloks at North Pro Sports for US$15.99 for a 2 pak, or CAN$24.99.  Check out www.northprosports.com.  They are in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.  Toll free 1-888-249-1991.  They also have the Nils Master auger for US$415.99.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2003, 03:38 AM »
Huh??? They list the Nils at $649 CAN....That's about $492 USD.

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2003, 07:04 AM »
Actually Esox, it is more like US$415., $80. less than Cabela's, which is the cheapest that I have seen.  I do not know what shipping on it would be.

CTStriper

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2003, 07:27 AM »
Bob, did you get your Nils yet? You've really got me thinking about one lately ::) I was looking at the specs and they said...

This blade has no bolts to interfere with the cutting head, is very resistant to rusting and is almost self-sharpening

This being the case, do they come off at all for sharpening or do you need a whole new bit?

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2003, 05:08 PM »
BushBunny,
The price on the website is $649 CAD. The current exchange rate is $0.7615 CAD to USD. $649 X .7615 =$494.21 USD. Are you finding a lower price on that site somewhere?

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
http://www.exchangerate.com/

Blaine,
No I don't have it yet. I don't think the bolts are an issue with cutting, but it sounds good. ;) You replace the whole head (not the whole bit) to change the blades. The plus side is they don't dull as quickly, and you can get folks (machine shop) to sharpen them. I might get mine this week...but I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know.

CTStriper

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2003, 05:30 PM »
Thanks dude, I'm thinking about making the drive on Sunday ;) Our conditions suck and the river just keeps getting higher with weekly rains >:( I'm getting bored with a one hour drive for panfish

Wingsfan

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2003, 06:25 PM »
On their website you can change the currency to US and then it shows a price of $415 and some change.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2003, 08:36 PM »
Ahhhh..Ok. Just be aware that if they charge you CAD, the credit card processing company will use the current exchange rate...which is apparently higher then what they have on their site. If they are charging people USD (Not sure how that would process that), then folks are getting a steal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.