Author Topic: Ice Fishing Equipment List  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Ice Fishing Equipment List
« on: Nov 06, 2003, 11:39 AM »
Ice Fishing Equipment List:

Low Budget

Depth Finder. A chunk of lead with a clip on it.
Fingernail Clippers For cutting line.
Compass.
Jaw Spreaders and Needle Nose Pliers.
Ice Cleats.
Slush Dipper. Removes ice from the hole
Flash Light for night fishing.
Ice Chipper/Spud or a hand auger.
5 gallon pail. Doubles as a seat and live bait bucket.
Sled to pull your gear.
Jigging Rod or two rigged with 2-4lb test. Bobbers foam and slip, split-shot, spoons and jigs.
Tipup/Traps spooled with braided or dacron line and or leaders. Assorted hooks and sinkers.

Unlimited Budget

Electronic Flasher and Underwater Camera
Fingernail Clippers. For cutting line.
GPS or Compass.
Jaw Spreaders and Needle Nose Pliers.
Ice Cleats.
Slush Dipper. Removes ice from the hole
Flash Light for night fishing.
Gas Auger/Ice Chipper/Spud or a hand auger.
Hand warmers
Sled to pull your gear.
Jigging Rods and Reels. Short rods for shack use, noodle rods, stiff rods with a spring tip.
Tipup/Traps.
Strike Sensors
Bait Bucket- Water Cooler or bait keeper bucket with areation.
Permanent or Portable Ice Shelter
Propane Heater
FRS Radio
Head Lamp or Lantern
Cell Phone

Any more stuff?  :o

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

camo_fish

Re:Ice Fishing Equipment List
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2003, 11:47 AM »
I never go out ice fishing with out my single propane burner and perk coffee pot. Because there is nothing better than a nice fresh perked cup of coffee after setting up your tip-ups.   :D

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2003, 12:52 PM »
For safety, a set of ice picks and a length of rope.  Especially early and late.  Also, don't forget a disposable camera to capture those memories...

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2003, 06:59 PM »
Don't forget a measuring stick or tape measure.  If you're keeping them, better make sure they're legal, and if you're throwing them back, exact measurements just sound better when you're bragging to the guys later.

kerosene
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

iceman670

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2003, 10:54 PM »
Bring along a life preserver.{seat cushin} tied to that 50 feet of rope, and keep your boot lose so you can kick them off if you go in and remember there is NO SUCH THING AS SAFE ICE.

RonP

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2003, 10:26 AM »
How's about a change of cloths incase you do go for a swim! but leave them in you vehicle
Cold Feet

camo_fish

« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2003, 10:39 AM »
Ain't that the truth. I always have 1-2 sets of clothes in the truck all year round. My buddy a few years back slipped and fell on the ice in a puddle early in the morning and was soking wet, it was a god send that we had extra clothes in the truck.
1 more thing, too.  Make sure you have a good FIRST AID KIT, too.

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2003, 01:57 PM »
Bring plenty of beeeer!!  mmm  beeeer! :P :D
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2003, 09:23 PM »
Some kind of ice anchor, a regular radio for listening to music while you fish, butane lighter.

Offline nocash0000

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2003, 07:30 PM »
dynamite to make a hole and a spear gun to retreve your catch.oh and a nice pair of sun glasses work good on those real shiney day's.
walk the hard water side.

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2003, 05:30 PM »
A spare set of keys for your car.A few years back I put them in my jacket when I loaded the van at 10:30 p.m.(nobody around) I shut the hatchback,Then I remembered my keys.What a night to remember
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2003, 10:09 PM »
Depending on conditions I might add a GPS,...(ever tried to find your way in a total white out? Turn it on to create a track to your spot and so you can point back to it.) I like to bringng cross country ski's to get some exercise and to maybe do a quick visit to something/somebody nearby,...a telescope can be fun to see what if anything is caught by someone down range from you. Suprised that no one has mentioned FOOD,..oh yeah,..coffee and beer was mentioned,...but there are some other foods that go so really well out there.

camo_fish

« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2003, 08:13 AM »
Yea, venison sausage and eggs are an excellent breakfast on the ice, hot soup, deer tenderloins, and fresh coffee for lunch. How can you go wrong there, even if slow day with no fish, the food and scenery are worth it.

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 13, 2003, 08:31 AM »
Thought of two more things,..A big plastic bag or two,..seems like I always find something that needs protection,..ie if it starts raining, to put in a clothing item (S)  or other things you like to wet proof,.A good quality  bag like steel sack etc is worth it. . I HAVE used those "space bags to put in dry cloths,. Those are the bags that you can crush or use a vac. to suck out the air to make them 1/5 the size,..I take it with me if I go far from the vehicle,..BTW I always keep a fleece pullover in my car most of the year,..these keep em dry and clean,..it seems like I have used it a lot,..when I find I'm out and about and the weather turns (even early mornings in summer) or if someone that is with me is under dressed,..they are really appreciated...I keep a windbreaker too as they are very compact,..somewhat waterproof,..and its surprising that that combo of a fleece and a windbreaker can allow you to be out in pretty cold weather and be OK,..The other thing is a nylon mesh bag,..That has a dual duty as I often carry some things in them. Just a few more thoughts that work for me.

Brasileiro

« Reply #14 on: Nov 13, 2003, 04:13 PM »
I always like the idea of a warm lunch on the ice.  I have a small propane stove that I always take to warm up the chili.  What could be better than chili.... Well, catching fish and chili I guess.

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2003, 07:29 PM »
One thing I always take on the ice is automatic center punch( actually its for center punching steel ) but if my truck goes down it will break any glass window

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.