Author Topic: Place to get gear  (Read 1870 times)

Offline fishin fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • give 'em a shake
Place to get gear
« on: Oct 30, 2003, 09:47 PM »
How you guys doing?  I am new to the site.  I also am fairly new to hard water fishing.  I have been doing it now for about three years.  At any rate, i live in SE Pennsylvania.  I was wondering if anybody knew of any spots in that area that had a good selection of ice fishing equipment.  If not how about some good websites.
t'pup!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:Place to get gear
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2003, 11:37 AM »
Howdy. Im in IA and never even been to PA. Actually, thats not true. I flew into Philly in Sept. and drove maybe 40 miles into NJ but thats it. Gander MT has a ton of great ice stuff like jigs and spoons if you have one close. For a website try Petersons Outdoors. Great prices on Marmooskas. Also, fishusa has good fishing stuff. Try fish307.com, too. Reeds sporting goods has a good selection. Thorne Bros has a lot of tackle and they make the best custom rods on the market, if a bit steep. That should about do ya. Good luck.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2003, 07:43 PM »
Hey fishin fool,
          I was just out to Petersons on Sat. That place is an icefishermans heaven. THey got everything and anything for ice fishing. They are one of the largest dealers of marmooska jigs in the country. Give Scott a call He'll really help you out!
                              Preacher man
P.S. Bring on the cold weather!!
TEAM  PA.

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2003, 05:42 PM »
If you want it now go to Gander Mountain.This way you can check the stuff out first hand.They have a big selection.online you can go too Reed's Thorne brothers ect.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Flea_Dog

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2003, 02:10 AM »
Try French Creek Outfitters in Pottstown if they are still there. Also Cabelas just opened a store in PA.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.