Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630710 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19800 on: Jun 06, 2020, 01:35 PM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19801 on: Jun 06, 2020, 08:19 PM »
Good evening, my apologies to anyone who visited Cabelas/Bass Pro's websites looking for the live stream from the Grand Old Opry. I received an Email notice about the stream appears you must be on their Email list to receive link to the stream. I watched a little of it lasted for one hour.
I hope everyone had a good day.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19802 on: Jun 07, 2020, 05:03 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....hope you had a great birthday :clap:

H2L.....weekends are definitely a good time to do most anything other than be on the lakes  ;)2

WS.....hope you found everything in tip top shape at the shack  :thumbsup:

IW.....enjoy the family time  ;)

MrC.....fingers crossed you get a response from Eddie and all is good at his end  :-\

OG.....state parks here are finally reopening also with restrictions of course  :blink:

TT....have you had time to get the toon uncovered and in the water  ???

Eddie/CapJ/IF45......thinking of you and yours  :)

The protests in this area have all stayed peaceful so far  :clap: :thumbsup:  fingers crossed it remains that way  :-\

Today is chore day around here  ::)  At least the heat and humidity has left town for a couple days  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19803 on: Jun 07, 2020, 05:40 AM »
52* and sunny. Heavy mist coming off the lake again this morning.

WW, did some things around the house yesterday, Lindsay came up and we had Chinese last night.

Parts of the lake got real heavy winds as the front came though in the late afternoon. Local bar had between 30 and 35 boats on their dock when it broke loose and swung into the beach. Also, lots of limbs and tree down on South end of the lake. Temp at the house dropped 18* in less than 2 hours.

Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19804 on: Jun 07, 2020, 06:17 AM »
Good morning ER's,
          It is 51* and clear here on my hill. A less humid day is the forecast.
          Wally.......Today would be a good day for chores, maybe if you can get done early enough, you can go for some ice cream.
           Steve.......I sent Eddie a card on Wednesday hoping to get a response. I hope everything is ok there.
             Marv.......How was your trip to  "The Shack".?
             H2l..........We witnessed the same winds here, I hope no boats were damaged.
             My wife's son and granddaughter arrived in one piece, they said not much traffic. It just a relaxing time. My wife's son mowed my lawn for me.
               Another relaxing day around here. Oh # 3 son's daughter are coming over this afternoon.
                I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19805 on: Jun 07, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Going to heat up around to 85 today. Tomorrow will be in the mid 90's with a dew points in the 70's.
I must have been tired today as I slept until 7.

WW good luck getting your chores done :thumbsup: It will be nice not having to rush eating your cones  ;D

IW pretty nice to get the lawn mowed :thumbsup:

h2l glad you weren't one of the boats fighting for a dock spot. Best of luck when heading out again :thumbsup:

Eddie, 45, Capt. Jim hope you are all well.

Yesterday was a fast trip to the shack. The bugs and ticks were absolutely nuts :cookoo: I think I ended up with about 20 ticks, I am sure I will notice a few more in a couple days :whistle: We checked the camera and also mowed. We were in and out in about an hour.

Not a lot of action on the camera but some. We had dumped some old fish guts and a few buzzards moved in.

Hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19806 on: Jun 07, 2020, 01:54 PM »
Good afternoon ER's     Nice video WS How are you getting all the ticks spotted and off? WW never made it to evening fishing. I was thinking about a trip to state parks but on delay as I need a few more ratchet straps. I did flip the boat over but saw a puncture I don't think it goes all the way through as I filled the boat when I bought it and saw no leaking. I'm trying a couple coats of flex seal and crossing fingers I'm not bailing water first time out. Plan B is the inner tube is in the back seat. Hope all are well.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19807 on: Jun 07, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Good Evening Everyone,
  First and foremost....I’d like to say Thank You to everyone for your concerns and best wishes...they are and have been very much appreciated...Thank You! Surely have missed chiming in with all you great people here on the 9:45, that’s for darn sure! Still waiting for the computer to get fixed yet, new phone coming this week should be a game changer, lol.

Where to begin...
  Have been consumed with some very difficult family situations for some time now, I won’t go into details other than to say it’s just been a pretty rough road for a spell.
  My Mom is still ok as of this time, waiting on new test results again. Sadly, about 10% of the residents at the facility have now passed due this horrible virus, 38 now remain in isolation. It’s been a little over 3 months now since anyone has been able to see their loved ones there, hopefully it won’t be too much longer before the restrictions are modified...will find out more on that on Wednesday’s conference call.
  Still not back to work yet but imagine it won’t be too much longer now...hopefully.

Will catch up the best I can on things, sure has been a lot going on! Cawfee’s on me in the morning gang....and my many Thanks again!!   :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19808 on: Jun 07, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Glad to read you are alright Eddie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No need to explain anything, just glad to see you post.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19809 on: Jun 07, 2020, 06:49 PM »
X2 Eddie.....glad things are ok 👍🏻

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19810 on: Jun 07, 2020, 06:52 PM »
X3---- To say we've been concerned pretty much nails it!! Hope you can get it all straightened out!! Hang in there!!!
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19811 on: Jun 07, 2020, 07:23 PM »
Good evening  to all,
          Eddie..........Welcome back, we sure missed your post they were something to look forward to. I hope works out for you.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19812 on: Jun 07, 2020, 08:31 PM »
Glad your back mason Sir

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19813 on: Jun 07, 2020, 09:03 PM »
Good evening much nicer day here enjoyed the lower dew point and temperature. I took a drive earlier lots of people out think everyone has Covid-19 cabin fever and needs to leave their homes when the weather is nice is spite of the risk. I don't know if this is true nation wide but keep a watch for deer when driving i saw six dead on the roads .
Eddie good to see a post from you glad your mom is virus free to your knowledge. Sad to hear of all the deaths at her facility. May you be returning to work before this month ends.
Wallyworld happy protest in your area was peaceful and Mr.WW and his fellow firefighters did not have to roll out the trucks.
Ice Wanderer think your card/note worked as Eddie graced us with a brief post. Good to read your son in law and his daughter arrived safely. Nice of him to mow your lawn good to see your friends and family helping you out with the yard work.
Hunts2long hope any damage to boats from the dock breaking free was minimal. In my area it appears what fast food places and restaurants that are open do a good business on weekends. God job by all of you supporting a local business.
Whopper Stopper may you have done a tick check today and found any remaining ones don't want to read you have contracted any tick borne illnesses. Guessing your shack is not that far of a drive from home or the bug were really bad if you only stayed there for one hour. Thank you for the camera footage glad the bears left the camera alone since your last trip.
Old Goat sorry to hear about the boat may the Flex Seal patch work.
OldSailor hope all is good. How is your garden progressing so far this year.
Capt.JIM,IF-45 ditto others words may all be good with you and your families.

I had the news on briefly earlier yet another concern for the U.S. tropical storm Cristobal has made land fall in New Orleans. Prayers said for everyone in the Gulf coast region and in this storm's path.
a good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19814 on: Jun 07, 2020, 10:10 PM »
Sure didn't want to see what I noticed on the lower shaft of the 140hp Johnson outboard motor, some oil leak, last trip out, think I mentioned the shift problem, might just have to consider it maybe has seen its last outing.  Getting old and tired like me. Sure is hard to find a used, good motor of any size from 115 to 150 for sale in my area.  On one hand thinking I should keep a look out for a little smaller one as in, a 16' with a wider beam than what I have now. (18.5 Deep V5 Starcraft.)

Wind that went threw this area did a number on the kids neighbors trees, had to call in a big crane to lift it off the kids tree that kept if from smashing the fence.  They might have to remove theirs as well.  Not sure yet, but from one picture looked like it got mangled pretty good.  My place missed any heavy damage, just smaller limbs and branches.

Good to see your post Eddie  :thumbsup:

Well its dark spell....again....need to find my pillow.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19815 on: Jun 08, 2020, 03:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies and a bright moon this am, 50 with a high of 75 today.

Bud....sorry to read about the motor problem, that sucks! I can't offer much on advice,  but could it just be a bad seal? Best of luck with it.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...Thank You!    Believe everyone is anxious to get out and about again,  trying to find some normalcy in their lives again.  Hope you're doing well Sir!   :thumbsup:
  OS....Happy be-lated Birthday wishes to you and many more to come!     :bow:
   Wally. ..congrats to you and Mr.WW on your fishing trips,  they were some fine looking walleyes!   :clap:

Thank you all for the warm welcome back.  Tom said it before that this thread is the best on the internet. ...I believe he's spot on!
 :bow:
    I hope everyone is getting through this craziness alright. ...cawfee"s on!
Have a great day all, be safe,  best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19816 on: Jun 08, 2020, 04:09 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello before heading out in search of some hungry eyes   :flex: :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19817 on: Jun 08, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Good morning Eddie, Wally, ER's,
              It's 51 and clear here on my hill, I hope It's warmer today than yrsterday.
              Eddie.......This is how a reply is suppose to look, with your name at the salutation of this post. Welcome back. I'm glad to hear that your mother is well, that's a shame of the statistic of her nursing home.
                Wally.......I hope you and Mr. WW have a good day on the water.
                Steve.......I know the humidity drop is mote comfortable but the temps could have been just a tad warmer.
                Buf..........Sorry to read about your motor problem, I hope you can find a new one or get that one fixed. Some big winds have been plaguing everyone lately.
                 My wife's son and granddaughter leave this morning, they are a pleasure to have here.
                 I hope everyone had a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19818 on: Jun 08, 2020, 05:29 AM »
47* and sunny, warming to the mid 70's.

Eddie, it was good to see posts from you. This whole "19" thing has treated us all in so many different ways. We all have to deal with how it effects our own family and loved ones. You and your family stay well.

IFF, sorry to hear of your motor issues. I down sized 4 years ago. Went from 18' with a 90hp, to a 16' with a 50hp tiller boat. (Lund Fury XL 1625) It has an 80 inch beam and  fishes very well. Also a lot easier to handle on land and it fits into the garage.

As a matter of fact, it is calling me. Headed out in a while to see if I can get the skunk smell off it.

Didn't hear of any boats getting damaged on Sat. but I have heard lots of things (tubes, etc.) were blown away. I just hope it stirred up the walleyes.

Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19819 on: Jun 08, 2020, 06:25 AM »
Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

75 heading to 95 with 30mph winds. Can't wait for the blast furnace to get going in full force, on top of everything else Mr. Muggy dropped his bags off last night :%$#!:

WW-h2l best of luck on the water :thumbsup:

Eddie it's nice not having to drink my own coffee, Thanks Sir :thumbsup:

IW glad you had a good visit with the company :thumbsup:

OG of the ticks only one decided to get a free drink. The others were just walking around checking the landscape looking for a good place to start sucking.

mr.clean it's 80 miles to the shack from home so it's a quick ride. About 15 years ago I went through lymes disease, most likely from the shack. Unfortunately I will always test positive for it so not sure what happens if I did get it again. 

The "Office" is quiet today. My wife had to take a quick trip to her Jungle office to pick up some hard files and the s-i-l had to go to her Jungle office to have a Tech do do something to her computer.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19820 on: Jun 08, 2020, 08:43 AM »
Marv  ??? is there a right or wrong time to trim Ash trees ?
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19821 on: Jun 08, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Marv  ??? is there a right or wrong time to trim Ash trees ?

Emerald ash borer is most active May 1 - Sept 30. They are the least active October 1 - April 30.

Trimming or removal is best done after Oct 1

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19822 on: Jun 08, 2020, 09:30 PM »
Good evening slightly warmer today believe we reached eighty humidity level still pleasant. Tomorrow my area of NY. starts phase 2 of a four phase Covid-19 business reopening plan barber shops can now open and also restaurants with outside seating still must be spaced six feet apart for tables. NYC entered phase 1 today.
IFF sorry to read you may need a new outboard motor for your boat.
Eddie I have two state parks south of me  know they have seen crowds every weekend that we have had dry,warmer weather. Hopefully we don't see case numbers rise in a month or two between more folks out enjoying the weather and protests.
Wallyworld was over on my fish finder earlier seen photos from the last couple of days walleye catches from Oneida Lake. It appears the walleye are hungry hope the two of you limited out today.
Ice Wanderer with the higher elevations and you being located in Northern NY. I can see the temperature only reaching the high sixties yesterday throw in any wind and I'm sure it felt cooler. Glad you had a nice visit with your wife's son and granddaughter.
Hunts good to hear no boats got damage when the dock broke free. Hope the walleye bite was on today for GSL.
Whopper Stopper good your shack is only 80 miles from home makes it easier to do a fast visit. May you stay free from Lyme's and any other tick borne illness. Hope the girls had no problems getting to their respective work places today due to any protests in the "Jungle".
Ronco welcome to the 9;45 thread, very nice of you to provide the link on tree trimming in Colorado for IFF. Please feel free to join the 9;45 group.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19823 on: Jun 08, 2020, 10:14 PM »
Yup more crazy  :cookoo: :cookoo: weather temp here in upper 80's and snow above 8,000 feet.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19824 on: Jun 09, 2020, 05:27 AM »
Good .morning ER's,
             It's 55* and cloudy, the forecast changes here as .such as I change my underware. Lol
            Marv........I guess the office will be open and in full swing today.
             H2l......   Well, did you get the stink out of the boat.
              Wally......I will be waiting for yesterday's report
               Steve.....I was told Lake. George
Village was open in full swing over the weekend. It .makes you wonder?
               Bud........It sounds like crazy weather but at 8000 feet I guess anything can happen.
                Not much going on today, just hanging as I heal. My leg is getting a lot better, it doesn't throb as much when walking or standing.
               I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either st work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19825 on: Jun 09, 2020, 05:43 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

69 heading into the 80's later on and another day of Mr. Muggy :%$#!:

IW good news on the leg :thumbsup: Yes the "Office" will be going full blast again.

Like IW, looking forward to WW and h2l's report.

Eddie looks like I will drink Sanka this morning. Your coffee is much better ;D

I need to run a couple errands this morning so no walk. I am thinking about washing the house today, not sure if I am up to it.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19826 on: Jun 09, 2020, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

IW......glad to hear the leg is feeling better  :thumbsup:  Lake George was pretty much running full blast a few weeks ago when we rode thru  :o  :nono: guess people feel enough is enough  :blink:

WS.....bet the house had an echo to it yesterday with "the office crew" out on road trips  :(  unless you plan on spraying yourself as you go, it sounds like maybe it's a bit too warm to wash the house today  :-\ 

IFF.....guess that's called "having the best of both worlds"  :woot:  sorry to hear about the motor  :(

OG.....hope the flex seal does the trick  ;)

H2L.....fingers crossed the kitty found someone else to visit yesterday  ;)2

MrC.....this area should be entering phase 3 this Friday, hoping the numbers don't start shooting up  :-\

OS......how's the garden coming  ???  mine seems to have stalled  ::)

Eddie.....surprised to hear you haven't made it back to work yet  :blink:  hope your unemployment claim went thru without a hitch  ;)

TT.....hoping MrsTT's knee and other medical issues have resolved  :)

Fishing was challenging to say the least yesterday, still marked a lot of fish in the same area as last trip but they all had lockjaw  :-\  Did manage to avoid the skunk by landing 2 16" eyes which were both released  :)  boats were pretty scattered so guessing others were having the same issues  :pinch:

Like WS, some errands to run today and might try to get the deck power washed  @)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19827 on: Jun 09, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  60 this am, high of 85 today.

Marv...haven’t had a Sanka in years, lol, will make sure a fresh pot is on in the morning for you! Hope the house washing goes well.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad to read the leg is feeling better, hope your thumb is improving as well each passing day.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...I’m all for peaceful protests, it’s unfortunate so many are refusing to wear masks doing it..agree, hopefully the numbers of new Covid cases don’t start getting out of hand again.  :thumbsup:
  H2/Wally....hope you both had double digit days on the water yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...that Mile High weather is always full of surprises!   ;D
  I-45,Capt.J. ....hope you’re both doing well.   :thumbsup:

Waiting on a steering shaft for my garden tractor due to arrive today. Last week it was delivered, received an empty box with the shipping info and pick label, lol. At least the driver verified it on the spot and no issues getting another sent quickly. Fingers crossed this one gets here before the temps touch the high point.
  Cawfee’s still on if anybody needs one!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Wally...glad you avoided the skunk anyway, nice job on the eyes!  :thumbsup:  Received a text from the foreman yesterday, said we’re going back soon but no date. Our work falls under the State Budget and we all know what trouble that is in now...hopefully the Governor can find us “ essential “ again soon!   ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19828 on: Jun 09, 2020, 07:08 AM »
60* and cloudy.

Eddie, I have only used Taster's Choice for years. The wife is a French Press user at home but loves DD coffee. I drink one cup a day she has 4 or 5. Bet you will be happy to get back to work.

IW, you are staying pretty active, it all helps with the healing.

Didn't catch many but did boat 3. Caught my first under sized fish of the year. (14") Caught all three right out of the gate and that was about it. Wind out of the NW was pretty cool. Never took my sweat shirt off until after 1pm. Water temp 65*

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19829 on: Jun 09, 2020, 07:10 AM »
Good morning ER's!! Heading into the 90's today so will be inside with the A/C when that get going. WW, the garden is loving the heat more than me!!! The peppers have really taken off and the tomatoes are doing well also! Eddie I've got your back on the coffee!!! This old salt runs on coffee!!! Marv said Sanka and I cringed!! YUK!!!! :sick: :callcops: I hope everyone stays well and the fish are biting!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.