Author Topic: I am ready  (Read 1588 times)

Offline McGrath

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SHINERS FOR SALE
I am ready
« on: Nov 27, 2018, 05:49 AM »
Who else has there shacks ready? After wanting one for years, I just picked up this used snow pro. So I can now jump lake to lake and spend the weekend fishing. Winni derby along with a few others are on the list, Most of the time it will be set up  at Burns, as it great place for the kids to fish.

P.S Bait will be in Friday, for those in the Bethlehem NH area.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I am ready
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:08 AM »
Is that the 4x8? We looked at these first and decided “too tiny” for 2 adults and a dog...then we bought a Mission (same as SnoPro) 5x8 and had that for a couple years...then we sold that and got a 6x10 and now are happy fishers! Have fun in your new shack!

Offline Running for flags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Looking good I tried the hard side but found myself to want to be a lot more mobile so went with the portable
Wait there's ice????

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Chris looking forward to seeing the bright red house out in the middle of Burns. 
Dick

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:10 AM »
What's the cost of the 6x10.  Dick if I stuck a hardside up there somewhere would you use it?  I want to but leaving one up there and living in CT is a concern. 

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2018, 01:17 PM »
I can't think of any white mountain lake would be a great place to put a hard side.  I prefer to stay with my jet sled an less than 1/4mile walk.  I'm getting old and crippled ::)
Dick

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:19 PM »
What's the cost of the 6x10.  Dick if I stuck a hardside up there somewhere would you use it?  I want to but leaving one up there and living in CT is a concern.

6x10 Mission aluminum is around $3k locally without options.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:32 PM »
6x10 Mission aluminum is around $3k locally without options.

Thanks Mowbizz. Decisions...decisions.  Shack or snowdog...

Offline McGrath

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SHINERS FOR SALE
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:43 PM »
Yes it is a 4x8. I was leaning to 5x8 but couldn't find many used, and It wouldn't have fit on my trailer next to the buggy. We had a 4x8 wood one before and it seemed to work for my small family.

Iowa, if you choice to put a shack up here, and it is local let me know. I can keep a eye on it for yea. I ice fish a lot, and wouldn't mind checking in on it for yea. Only place I would say not to put it is, Moore, because shacks there tend to get vandalized.

-Chris

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2018, 05:36 PM »
Who else has there shacks ready? After wanting one for years, I just picked up this used snow pro. So I can now jump lake to lake and spend the weekend fishing. Winni derby along with a few others are on the list, Most of the time it will be set up  at Burns, as it great place for the kids to fish.

P.S Bait will be in Friday, for those in the Bethlehem NH area.

Congrats, that’s a nice looking shanty,  good luck !
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2018, 10:28 PM »
Chris I appreciate the offer and will shoot you a PM if I end up going that route. 

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2018, 09:33 AM »

Remember you will need to keep them from freezing in or you will have a problem when you try to pull them out. Might be hard to do from CT unless Dick does it for you.  ::)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Remember you will need to keep them from freezing in or you will have a problem when you try to pull them out. Might be hard to do from CT unless Dick does it for you.  ::)

::) You don't say.... I've seen many suffer through all those downsides. All one has to do is read the newfound thread to realize that.  The Dick suggestion was tongue in cheek sir.(although since hes been nice enough to try to help me with bait in the past I'd love to pay that forward)  :tipup:

I'm checking out trailerable units that lower to the ice instead. 

https://icecastlefh.com/product-category/products

I think this is the way to go.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2018, 02:14 PM »
::) You don't say.... I've seen many suffer through all those downsides. All one has to do is read the newfound thread to realize that.  The Dick suggestion was tongue in cheek sir.(although since hes been nice enough to try to help me with bait in the past I'd love to pay that forward)  :tipup:

What do these go for? I did not see any prices but I love the idea.
Just add water.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2018, 02:27 PM »
All the dealers are in the upper mid-west and Canada. If anyone buys one of these rigs get ready for a long drive back East!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2018, 06:28 PM »
I like grandpa’s hideout! Bet these go for a pretty penny!

Offline McGrath

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SHINERS FOR SALE
« Reply #16 on: Nov 28, 2018, 06:52 PM »

This is kind of what you described and for sale  in Maine. I tried to convince the wife we needed this. I am still working on that. My selling point was we could sleep on the ice all winter and air bnb the house haha.

https://nh.craigslist.org/rvd/d/2018-cherokee-ice-shack-fish/6743771556.html

-Chris

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2018, 06:59 PM »
All the dealers are in the upper mid-west and Canada. If anyone buys one of these rigs get ready for a long drive back East!

No thanks.  Costs less than a 1500 to get it shipped freight.  I think those smaller ones start at 4-5k.  McGrath my only reason for considering a hardside is to get my wife and kid more involved.  They love going with me but we could have longer, more exciting adventures with a bit more comfort. 

Also, thanks for the link!  The price on that is not bad all things considered and I have the appropriate vehicle to tow it with....

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 29, 2018, 08:27 AM »

Only kidding on the helper I have fished with DB quite a few times, even had supper at his house. Wouldn't a popup work for you why trailer one from CT to get to a spot you might not be able to put it on. Never been called Sir before it makes me feel older than I am.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Nov 29, 2018, 08:30 AM »

Only kidding on the helper I have fished with DB quite a few times, even had supper at his house. Wouldn't a popup work for you why trailer one from CT to get to a spot you might not be able to put it on. Never been called Sir before it makes me feel older than I am.

I can easily do the popup thing and have for years.  My only desire for something more than that is to allow my family to join me and be reasonable comfortable even if it's a 2-3 day adventure.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2018, 08:35 AM »
I can easily do the popup thing and have for years.  My only desire for something more than that is to allow my family to join me and be reasonable comfortable even if it's a 2-3 day adventure.

Good luck on your search and hope you guys have fishable ice in CT this year I still have quite a few buds down there who try to ice fish.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Good luck on your search and hope you guys have fishable ice in CT this year I still have quite a few buds down there who try to ice fish.

Thanks. I avoid ice fishing in CT aside from some night trips for Crappie.  NH, NY and VT are the states I tend to always be in. Which is also part of the justification.  I spend a few bucks on lodging every weekend.

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 29, 2018, 09:52 AM »
I'm ready, just move bobhouse from back 40 to side of the house for prep...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.