Author Topic: Thanksgiving! Learning from new ice videos???  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Thanksgiving! Learning from new ice videos???
« Reply #30 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Dont fish over 100' or you will be disappointed.  My buddy has the panoptix and while it's good, there are limitations. 

Yea, the fish marking capabilities are limited to about 100’ with BIG fish or balls of bait, but it’ll still read bottom contour pretty well. It also comes with the standard ice transducer to see deeper down. I haven’t used it on the ice yet, but The big benefit can I see when fishing over deeper water, is putting you exactly on the break or “spot on the spot”, and to see suspended fish that would otherwise be missed with traditional tech. If there’s a fish suspended 30’ off to the side 50’ down, I could reel up and try to call it in.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:53 AM »
I can so that by bumping the gain on my flx and swinging the ducer.   ;D. I spent the 1000 bucks I saved on chocolate donuts. I was going to adopt the panoptix this year but after a season of seeing my buddy use his, using it myself, I've decided to invest the bucks elsewhere.  Saves me from accidentally smashing that big screen!

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:12 AM »
 :o  No chocolate donuts? 
Have any idea how the expensive transducer handles the pounding when attached to the bow mounted electric motor?
Dick

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:58 AM »
:o  No chocolate donuts? 
Have any idea how the expensive transducer handles the pounding when attached to the bow mounted electric motor?
Dick
That’s where most people are mounting them if they have the option. I’m going to put together a mount to have it separate from my trolling motor that I can pan around with

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:33 PM »
That’s where most people are mounting them if they have the option. I’m going to put together a mount to have it separate from my trolling motor that I can pan around with

Buddy did a mount off the gunnel and it works great.  The way he set it up is the ducer unit can be removed quickly to spot hop.  We were in decent rollers using spotlock on champ this summer and had no issues

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.