Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Coralville Reservoir  (Read 3997 times)

icyiajohn

Coralville Reservoir
« on: Nov 20, 2003, 12:22 PM »
Heard that the crappie fishing was real decent at the Coralville res last season. Of corse I was out of touch and just herad this. Anyone have any info as to where on the res, pattern, equip, etc. etc.? I've only tried the res a couple of times, several years ago, and failed miserably. Didn't know where to start, didn't do my home work, didn't have a plan etc. etc. Well I got started fishing on Rathbun and have been spoiled by the quality of the crappies; although last year I didn't do so hot but didn't get out as much as in other seasons. Well, sure would like to know more about Coralville, as it's much closer to home than Rathbun.

John

icyiajohn

Re:Coralville Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2003, 10:21 PM »
either the fishing was so bad or so good nobody want's to share success or admitt defeat.

Anybody got a line on the new CCB "no name" lake by Bertrum? Tryed to find this body of water last week, failed, I know Bertrum isn't that big , but I couldn't find it. How about a little help.......... so I'm not Lewis & Clark....

John

ShantyLifeIsGood

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2003, 04:13 PM »
I live in North Liberty and would love to find a partner to help me catch some fish.  Post back if your interested.  the res is iced over as of today.
troutmaster

arrowhead

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2003, 04:23 PM »
Today I was with the park ranger  who monitors and controls the dam, he said they are dropping the water level now. I know the ice isn't safe yet, but when it is, check the paper or call the Army Corp or Enginers # and see what the elevation of the lake is, and the out flow of water. If there is a poket of air between the ice and water it won't be very safe.

arrowhead

Offline KeystoneICE

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2003, 09:50 PM »
TroutMaster I go to college in Mt. Vernon and I would go Ice fishing with you.  Could you keep up to date on the ice down there at Lake McBride.  
Time to fish.

ShantyLifeIsGood

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2003, 07:08 AM »
I will talk to some locals and see when they think McBride will be ready.  

D-Day

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2003, 02:29 PM »
Any news on the res or will it be awhile yet.  Haven't been out there.

ShantyLifeIsGood

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2003, 06:32 PM »
I work right by the upper end of the res, and the main channel isn't frozen over, but the further downstream you go the more ice there is.  It looks like it is still draining.  I think Lake McBride would probably have good ice, but I don't know for sure.  I will try to find out.

Offline KeystoneICE

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2003, 07:53 AM »
Hey Troutmaster haver you been able to check out Lake McBride.  I'm done with school and I am ready to hit the ice big time.  Thanks

Time to fish.

Offline lebruce

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2003, 04:48 PM »
youngIcer,most of McBride has 3"+ ice now but there's still some open water on the lake yet.

Offline KeystoneICE

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2003, 08:24 PM »
Thank you lebruce.
Time to fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.