Author Topic: Time to get the flipovers cleaned up and ready to go.  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Cleaned up my Clam 2-3 man voyager & my Eskimo wide one inferno.

Not sure why clam had the push buttons with plastic tips, but after fighting them for the last 12 years.....I finally replaced them with normal ones......works 1,000 times better.

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Time to get the flipovers cleaned up and ready to go.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:52 PM »
whats the thinnest ice you will pull that clam hut out on 4" to 5" of good ice? 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2019, 11:31 PM »
whats the thinnest ice you will pull that clam hut out on 4" to 5" of good ice?

4in I'll pull it out.  If there is a solid 5in.....I'll pull it out with the wheeler.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Sounds like a good thing to do this weekend.  Going to rain and possible flurries here in MN.  Seems like the checklist is starting earlier and earlier every year.  But, since I don't have fall fishing plans, seems logical. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2019, 12:32 PM »
I recently discovered my inline trailer is tall enough to open my flip over up in. Gotta open the rear door and it can be set up like normal. I don't have a garage so it's not easy to have it set up. I have been modifying it and tricking it out for the past two weeks! Dying to get back out on the ice with it.

Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2019, 12:36 PM »
yes it is time for sure to get the gear ready. I had my skirt freeze down last year and my flip over will need a little sewing and I am thinking about spraying the outside with camp dry
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Got to check all the gear....lube the snowdog

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2019, 02:54 PM »
Cleaned at the end of season. Couple of rainy weekend days got my reels checked out and a couple line replacements. Checked out my micro spikes good to go. Socks, long underwear washed, gloves, hats, and all other miscellaneous odds and ends. Mr. heater checked out several one pounders refilled, too early to get bait, checked yesterday no ice! Too early to get some fireball. Almost got the Smitty build done. When I get some ice I think I am good to go!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2019, 02:54 PM »
Something tells me I left a SLA battery in one of the shacks that hasn't been charged in awhile.  Will be interesting to see if it takes a charge.  Been over a year on that one!
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2019, 06:00 PM »
Something tells me I left a SLA battery in one of the shacks that hasn't been charged in awhile.  Will be interesting to see if it takes a charge.  Been over a year on that one!

It will probly charge......but I bet you lose some run time capacity with it.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2019, 06:40 PM »
My FishTrap resides in my den during the off-season, she's ready to go!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2019, 06:55 PM »
My fx100 is ready but I still have to assemble the clam scout xl thermal i bought months ago.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2019, 07:39 PM »
You guys got me going.  Just filled up a couple propane tanks, just to do something  ;D

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:43 PM »
My FX100 is ready to go. The otter lodge is still hanging from the hoist in the garage with all of my tackle and other gear. I will probably have to make more customizations to the otter again this year but I’m trying to see how long I can go before I get it down. Working on adding a glow cup and light to my vexilar, got the four wheeler serviced and replaced the left hand shift button assembly, possibly getting some LED lights to replace the original ones. The list keeps going....... adding a fairing to the trailer to keep the slush off the quad when going down the road. I think 90% of the fun is getting stuff ready and planning each trip.

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:11 PM »
No shelters to worry about.   Ice gear has been ready since the end of last season.   Just have to pull the waterfowl gear out of the Jet sled and put in the ice gear.  Had to break ice off the dogs outside water dish this morning.   Maybe some skim ice in the morning setting duck decoys, supposed to drop to 20 tonight.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2019, 07:27 AM »
I want o set mine up as well, I have the itch bad. Although part of my summerization of my 2 man is to shrink wrap it with dryer sheets on the inside. So until its go time I leave it that way to protect it from those pesky mice. But soon enough Ill transition all my equipement from my polebarn to the garage and then its go time for the season, it cant come soon enough.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Cleaned it when i put it down for its spring summer fall nap. For those with mold issues. Get some Concrobium Mold Control. It eliminates and prevents mold and mildew. Plus eliminates musty odors. Home Depot and most paint stores carry it.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2019, 09:36 AM »
My FishTrap resides in my den during the off-season, she's ready to go!
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice man room, Bart! Some good mounts!

I had my shanty in my house once, when I built it, but it's too big to come inside. I wish I had a garage or something.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Why are you getting the flip over ready already? We haven’t even started on fall fertilizer yet!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2019, 11:10 PM »
Why are you getting the flip over ready already? We haven’t even started on fall fertilizer yet!

Already had two fields get manure on them....that counts. Lol

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2019, 08:55 AM »
My fx100 is ready but I still have to assemble the clam scout xl thermal i bought months ago.

I bought the same scout and just got it assembled. I think I'm going to like it! I went through the whole fx100i ordeal and after that I'm extremely happy this shelter was a piece of cake to put together and no issues lol. Mesh seat is nice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.