Author Topic: Cabela's Glyde Jigs  (Read 2413 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Cabela's Glyde Jigs
« on: Nov 21, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Anyone get their hands on the Cabela's Glyde Jig yet? Looks like something I'd like to try.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/fishing/ice-fishing/tackle/pc/104793480/c/104735880/sc/104617980/cabelas-glyde-jig/2589396.uts?slotId=1

jbird68

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Cabela's Glyde Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2018, 05:06 PM »
Look at this too, not that I will use it but similar concept

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Berkley_Snap_Jigs/descpage-BSN.html
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2018, 06:28 PM »
This is new to me but only a variation on a theme... Cabelas has had that "Wobbler" style jig head for years and never done great with it but it has persisted. Now, let's paste on an acrylic tail (ala Jigging Rap) and see where it takes us. Probably close to an airplane jig. Magic? Nope. Innovative? Nope. Possible difference maker? Possibly...
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2018, 09:49 PM »
That jig does have some potential. I might give them a try, though I’d want to see them at the store. I hardly ever use little jigs, but this is close enough to a spoon/lure I might try it lol.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2018, 03:40 AM »
Well I decided that with Black Friday sale I bought some Berkley Snap Jigs both in 3/16 and 1/4 oz weight.  That should be small enough for ice fishing that I could use, but overall it will do just fine for open water spring fishing if need be.

Since there is an eye at the end of the fins, there's a potential to put a stinger or even a swivel and blade to change things up.

update, I took it out of the package and decided to try to match up a plastic body first.  The 2" bodies were too small.  Seems like the 1/0 sized hooks is designed for 3" long type of bodies, if looks is a concern.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline buckipicker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:24 PM »
I bought a handful of them on cyber Monday.  Got the 1/16 and 1/32 oz size.  Always a sucker to try new stuff.  Fish mainly for crappie, perch and bluegill at Presque Isle Bay in Erie PA.  Always have a few pike thrown in there too.  Looks like a bait that would work for all.  I'll try tipping with a maggot or minnow head.  Hopefully 1/32 isn't too light for the wings on them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.