Author Topic: Bio Bait tubes  (Read 3150 times)

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bio Bait tubes
« on: Feb 22, 2018, 01:07 PM »
Anyone using Bio Bait tubes for lakers??  They are based out of Littleton and use some sort of proprietary forumla that breaks down faster and is injected with fish oil.  Gonna pick up a few packs, was wondering if anyone on here used them at all.
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Bio Bait tubes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2018, 01:17 PM »
All tubes work fine if you tip with  meat.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2018, 01:35 PM »
Thanks SLAYER, youll have to forgive my stupidity on this one :) So in my own stubborness ive NEVER used tubes out here for lakers.  Yesterday I used several different kinds of plastic baits (gulp, ripple shad, swim jerk types), all tipped with meat on standard glo heads. No dice on those baits.  The meat makes other types of jigs look less natural and I dont really like how the meat affects the action of the jig.  A tube set up looks to be more conducive to tipping because of the more horizontal nature of the jig and the skirt will "hide" the meat?? (rather than it just flopping around on top of a swim bait)  Seems everyone who knows what the F their doing is using tubes.  My desire to not follow the crowd has led me to use other baits (like i said, stubborn as F).. time to reconsider. 

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Heard some good things about them. Don't own any though. Last trip out to the Blue Mesa 3 of us were catching Lakers on Slender Spoons tipped with a meal worm and some on Shrimp.

<===Lefty===

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2018, 02:20 PM »
All you need is a very small piece of "meat" on your tube, just for the scent. Don't go any larger than you finger nail. I put a narrow strip just on the outside of the tube & make sure you don't have a scale (from sucker meat) covering the point of your jig.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2018, 02:53 PM »
Haven't tried the BioBait ones, but they're exploding all over Facebook right now.  Probably worth a try.  The good thing about tube patterns is you can stuff em like sausages.  Feel free to stuff some "meat" or whatever down in the tube, even before hooking.  Or stuffing with powerbait can work well, too.  Or a cotton swab doused in whatever yummy stink you like to use.

Like Johnny said, if you're putting meat on the hook, you don't need anything very large.  Small is better, otherwise the way the jig sits and the jigging action will be affected.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:06 PM »
Thanks for the input!  I gotta try some tubes next time out.  Why cant the lakers out here be as easy to catch as the lakers on Lake George NY (where i grew up fishing)!? :'( My buddies back home this year are averaging 15-30 fish by noon, 23" average.  The LG lakers are the most aggressive fish your gonna find, and none of this tipping or light biting junk.  Jig half way down aand watch the missiles come in. Reel it away from em and hold on tight.  Even a hack like me can catch 10 or 15 in a morning!

Offline Fisherguyd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:16 PM »
I did try the BioBait minnows at Granby with Sucker meat but no bites

Offline Lakenater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2018, 12:44 PM »
Dip in cod liver oil you will ice 3 times more lakers.

Offline Lakenater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Thanks for the input!  I gotta try some tubes next time out.  Why cant the lakers out here be as easy to catch as the lakers on Lake George NY (where i grew up fishing)!? :'( My buddies back home this year are averaging 15-30 fish by noon, 23" average.  The LG lakers are the most aggressive fish your gonna find, and none of this tipping or light biting junk.  Jig half way down aand watch the missiles come in. Reel it away from em and hold on tight.  Even a hack like me can catch 10 or 15 in a morning!
Because our lakes are over crowded and over fished. Welcome to Colorado.

Offline callovthemackinaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Winter: realm of eternal ice.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2018, 09:50 PM »

Because you’re not fishing the right lakes....

Offline Lakenater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2018, 10:44 AM »
A guy asked me a couple days ago if I heard on the news Colorado is thinking of going to the Draw like Big GAME for fishing because there are so many fisherman in this state. Any one else see that? Im a afraid to ask hope it is more FAKE NEWS

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2018, 11:10 AM »
A guy asked me a couple days ago if I heard on the news Colorado is thinking of going to the Draw like Big GAME for fishing because there are so many fisherman in this state. Any one else see that? Im a afraid to ask hope it is more FAKE NEWS

Maybe in 25 or 30 years, I could see it happening, something about fishing drones and public safety.  For right now, lisence fees are money, and money is king.  If they care about over crowding I think a reduction in non resident public land elk lisences is needed, but yea, back to the money thing.

Offline Lakenater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2018, 12:40 PM »
I hope your right. I hope its not for boats. I figured if it was said someone would reply.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2018, 05:03 PM »
I hope your right. I hope its not for boats. I figured if it was said someone would reply.

Metro lakes already have a boat limit on them.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Yeah they are requiring a license to collect antlers and have an actual season now so who knows what this crappy Dow will do next?

Offline Lakenater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Ya and at Chatfield the boat inspectors tell me every weekend they over book the lake with boats. They only care about the money. So the boat limit at Chatfield is ?????

Offline heliboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:16 PM »
There are shed antler/horn hunting restrictions, closed from January 1st to April 30th on public lands west of I-25. There is no license or permit required at this point though, just to be clear.

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2018, 07:35 PM »
This article says permit required! Maybe they got it wrong maybe they didn't? Either way I'm not paying to shed hunt ! and Ive grown tired of all the regulations rules etc. it's down right obnoxious from year to year and sorry this is off topic from original post!

Offline Lakenater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 10, 2018, 10:20 AM »
I talked to a wildlife ranger yesteday and asked her if it was true about a season for collecting antler sheds. She said yes it's true. She said the reason was hunting sheds desturbs wildlife during there bearing season.

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 10, 2018, 09:46 PM »
The season is for real.  The $40 lisence, or any lisence, is false.

Offline Lakenater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 11, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Remember when Air and Water was free?

Offline mobilerat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:49 PM »
Yeah they are requiring a license to collect antlers and have an actual season now so who knows what this crappy Dow will do next?
If people hadn't been chasing half starving bucks around trying to get their antlers to fall off they wouldn't have put a season on horn hunting. I had an acquaintance telling me one time it was amazing the deer would just lay there you could walk right up to them. He wasn't smart enough to figure out they were scared to death but had absolutely no energy to flee. But he found some good horns that's all he cared about.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.