Author Topic: Millers-Buffalo & Hickory  (Read 708 times)

Offline Dirt_Guy

• IceShanty Rookie
Millers-Buffalo & Hickory
« on: Jan 28, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Hi All,

Just happened to find this site last week and decided to post. Great site.

Last Friday, I took the ATV straight out from Millers and decided to do some recon.  I haven't fished out there for years and was pleasantly surprised that there are still areas w/3-4' of water.  There was too much current in Hickory due to the fact that the deeper spots carry the water from Rush Creek.  It just swept the lures under the ice.  There was enough current to show open water in a few spots so if you go, be careful!  Lots of clear water but no fish spotted.  On Saturday I went farther south and west to Buffalo and found one finger w/ ~3-4' of water w/ no current.  Caught a nice gill off the bat and then a dogfish swam up the hole, took a gulp of air, and went back down.  DO must be getting low. That was it for about 3-4 hrs. of fishing.  Tried the upper area off from the Indian Head Motel but it was too windy there to set up and fish.  Did the bucket for about 30 min. w/ no luck.  No one else out at Millers either day.

Am thinking about off from the motel where there is some water circulation but not enough to interfere or lower Sabula today. Anybody else been there lately?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.