Author Topic: "bulls eye"  (Read 2446 times)

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
"bulls eye"
« on: Dec 29, 2016, 05:00 PM »
hey everybody..happy near year ect.    Why does everything you drop end up in a 4/6/8" hole.?  had my sunglasses on my head and leaned over. right in the hole..of course gotta attempt the retrieve and get wet..soo gotem..stuck in my bib pocket. got a flag on tippup ..bent down to work it and crushed em . Dropped depth finder tryin to clip on bib..in the hole...phone/keys  not yet....yikes...also lost some good bites of food in there...guess i take too much stuff to the hole..be careful yall....

Offline fishndog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: "bulls eye"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2016, 05:14 PM »
That's hilarious te-pe!! Glad i got to witness that! Lost my share the same way Tim. You know!!
Enjoy, Be Smart, and Tight Lines!

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2016, 05:35 PM »
Had a "bull's eye" moment on Highland last weekend. Fished in the narrows, slow fishing, managed a keeper perch on a tilt, pulled it in and had my buddy grab my pliers in the shanty. Another buddy was right next to me when the perch shot the shiner out of it gullet like buck slug directly into my eye. Been fishing for a while, but that was a first.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline wastingtime12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2016, 08:42 PM »
I've lost plenty of sounders to holes, trying to clip them to my jacket!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2016, 05:20 AM »
Phone night before last for me...

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2016, 05:41 AM »
My phone has been in 40 feet of water in Warmaug for quite some time now...
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2016, 06:16 AM »
I have a quote in my fishing house what you own  will go through this hole :o

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2016, 07:05 AM »
Thats why I keep my phone in zippered pocket. Don't need anyone bothering me when fishing. Bummer to lose a phone tho , so much stuff on there , I always back mine up now. :tipup:

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2016, 07:22 AM »
I normally do but I use it a lot with the navionics app and forgot to zip the pocket closed.  Doh!

Offline KUBES90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hog Livin'
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2016, 08:27 AM »
A guy in a machine shop i worked with dropped his in and msrked the hole when i left. Paid me to dove down and get it. He was trying to get pics off the sd card but nothing worked
"And I'll be catching them northern pike like on a 10 pound test"- Kid Rock

Offline stitch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2016, 09:40 AM »
those holes are a magnet for gear.

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2016, 01:22 PM »
Dropped a brand new knife down a hole in ten feet of water last winter.Following morning brought my pool vac pole with two telescoping magnets duck taped to the end of it and probed the bottom for about 10 minutes and retrieved that sucker. I have a witness. I have had jigging poles dragged into the hole twice and retrieved them both with weighted treble hooks on the end of a  line. The second time it happened there was a 18 inch pickerel on the jig. i will see if i can dig up the pictures. 

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2016, 04:48 PM »
I too have lost sunglasses down the hole....  @)

Offline MSM072890

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2017, 02:28 PM »
At Gardner Lake I had a Frabill Ice light fall off my tip up into the hole.  Didn't want to try and grab it too quick and accidentally knock it under the ice because they float. Was gona take my time and just pick it up carefully,  well apparently this one didn't, just slowly started falling down and down and down, blinking red the whole way to the bottom.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2017, 04:52 PM »
just slowly started falling down and down and down, blinking red the whole way to the bottom.
LOL.  ::)

Offline lawfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Thanks for the laugh! The struggle is real,no matter what,I always have stuff all tangled at some point every trip

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2017, 07:28 PM »
I just had a pike pull my dead stick straight down the hole, it was anchored and I could not jig it up crossing lines....getting slow in my old age.

Offline fishndog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2017, 07:55 AM »
Hey y'all.  Had the bottom half of my hand auger separate foam the handle and dis sapear in 15' of water! Had the camera with us. It took an hour with a pike rig but my son and I got it back!!!! Got a wetness (te-pe)!!!    One of my BEST catches!! would have been a long quiet ride home without it.

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2017, 03:22 PM »
LOL

So far I've been lucky, only lost one multitool (which was brand new, of course) and a bunch of baited hooks and depth finders that I didn't realize weren't clipped onto my tip up line when I deliberately dropped them in the hole.

So that means I'm due to drop a phone or camera down there.

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2017, 04:49 PM »
great catch it was fishndog..knew you werent leavin without that..didnt you weld that thing together?..

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Thought I lost my favorite folding knife last year. Barely a snow cover so I knew I should have been able to find it. After I finally accepted it fell down a hole I put my hands on my pockets only to find one of them had a hole. It did down the inside of the lining of my bibs and was down near my ankle the whole time.
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2017, 04:35 PM »
Lost my multi-tool this week.  Went back the next day to find it.  Didn't plan on fishing, but set up the tipups while I looked.  I caught a 25" salmon while looking for the tool.  I eventually found the tool beneath 1" of rain that had frozen.  Silver lining in every cloud.

Offline fishndog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 04, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Awesome find and catch!!! I know how much that Swiss tool means to ya Scott.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 04, 2017, 04:58 PM »
Awesome find and catch!!! I know how much that Swiss tool means to ya Scott.
This is my second one.  My first was given to me by my brother in law for being in his wedding and has my initials on it.  Currently, that one is at the bottom of Lillinonah...  My second one is still ticking. 

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 04, 2017, 07:01 PM »
nice find scott...that always makes it more betta... Is that salmon from mount skunk?  hope ta see ya out there soon since mutha nature seems to be turning on the winter ...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.