Author Topic: !Open Your Eyes And LOOoK!  (Read 1947 times)

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
!Open Your Eyes And LOOoK!
« on: Jan 04, 2012, 07:24 PM »
Look guys. I love you all, but some should just get out and check. I dont mind but for the love of god go out and LOOK!! Lets stop the bickering. GO LOOK!! I have spent tons on gas and found lots of SKIM ICE. Please for the the love of god LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.
Stick with Metal And Company \m/

Offline pikePERSUADER1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Northern Pike- all other fish are bait
Re: !Open Your Eyes And LOOoK!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2012, 07:27 PM »
we gonna be icefishin soon Metal ;)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Amen!  Man we looked, even drove past a lake guys were on in the berks two weeks ago and kept looking.  You even looked at the spot I got on, which I posted a link to the clip of me fishing last week up there!

Offline deafice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2012, 07:34 PM »
I agree with you  i drove all over and look in ct lake and map  found some idea where there might be ice some not so good some good we all have to just go look I think most of you guy just want get on and see what we find then  then you fish do your home work and use your gas and find it

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2012, 07:44 PM »
I am going North after work to check ice conditions. I will be in Ct.  I will post findings with pics to validate my findings!!!!\m/

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:04 PM »
im checking a little pond in the morning. hopefully i can make it onto it
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:13 PM »
My biggest worry for this weekend would be finding 2 to 3 inches of ice, setting up, but not being able to get off without having a "problem"! The daytime highs are supposed to be in the upper 40's!!! These yo-yo temps stink. :tipup:

Offline Fresh Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:47 PM »
 I took a ride North East this morning drove by Bigelow Hollow it did not look good at all and stopped at Black Pond all open except for a skim near the boat launches no more than 1"-2"s tops.

Offline schaffman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:05 PM »
I was at Black Rock this afternoon with the dog and that still had a large area of open water.   We walked all the way around the lake and it was an inch or less in most places.     I'm hoping to get up into Mass somewhere by the weekend.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:07 PM »
You've done a great job this year posting pics and vid Ian. It is MUCH appreciated! That stuff doesn't lie.  :bow:

This is a real weird year and people are getting restless. Honest reports are going to be hard to come by. Wood Creek the next few days is going to look like Highland during a weekend tourney.

I'm curious on how and if the 1'st cove on Winch is, and if it managed to lock up despite the wind. That might be an opportunity for Saturday or Sunday. I've done early ice there once. Getting on may be tough. Also curious about the area around the launch at Park Pond. Don't think the wind gets in there too bad.

I have other plans for this weekend, so go at it fellas, and be safe. Next weekend is my 1'st shot.

EDIT: I'll take a ride up to Crystal Lake Saturday morning and report back.

Offline jonnyfly00

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:39 PM »
Planning on scouting tomorrow with a buddy, most likely ending up at Wood Creek. If anyone else has tomorrow off I'll prob be there from around 9 30 to 1. It'll be nice having the place to myself tomorrow and beating the weekenders there as long as its safe.

If you do end up comin out there and need some minnows, don't be afraid to ask me for some small/mediums.  I have several thousand and there's no way I'll be going through them all this winter.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:43 PM »
I wouldn't bet on having the place to yourself tomorrow or Friday.  ;D

Offline jonnyfly00

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2012, 10:21 PM »
You might be right but its not going to be anything like it will be over the weekend, I'm sure.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2012, 10:37 AM »
I am going North after work to check ice conditions. I will be in Ct.  I will post findings with pics to validate my findings!!!!\m/

WELL ?? ?? ?? Watcha got, Metal??  :tipup: ??  ;D ;D

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:38 PM »
Got out early this morning before work. Burr Pond is still thin. I walked out a couple steps and found a inch maybe. Same at Park, alittle more then a inch. Maybe 2" I didnt really check really good. I had to go to work. :icefish:

Offline ATrexOnTheIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOMAN SEEKS LARGEMOUTH BASS
« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:49 PM »
hiked granville national park two days ago and found a little pond up there, it borders hartland. i only saw 1/2 " and some open water. i figured it was too lame to mention but i'm lookin' beleive me!

Offline fishville

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:42 PM »
Too bad about Burr. I drove by it Wednesday and it looked promising. Guess I should of walked out onto the ice.
Sometimes it feels like I live in a Pat McManus story!

Offline silverado2500

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:51 PM »
just walked on burr pond at 10 pm after fire school walked out a few feet with no cracking with around 300 lb on it  ;D

Offline sharpteeth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Ime looken but ime not seein

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2012, 06:05 PM »
I went to Burr Pond again tonight after work. Looks like late ice and edges starting to open up >:( >:(
O well..... Only one thing to do................. GO BUY A BOAT!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.