Author Topic: Against the rules  (Read 1415 times)

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Against the rules
« on: Nov 10, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Apparently you cant ask fellow members if they have anything they want to sell because its against the rules and my thread got taken down! So if anybody has anything for sale please put it up in the for sale section. (Shanties heaters poles bibs, etc etc) then i can go and open everyone to see what state they are from. Thought it would be easier to just ask the people that are local to me but I guess thats forbidden. Im sure they have their reasons though. Thanks. Is there a for sale section for each state that i am missing? Not sure
"It aint how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Offline MisterIzzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ruining Everybody's Good Time
Re: Against the rules
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2019, 11:16 AM »
You make a good point, but you said it in a silly way.
Check out the Great Lakes Goofers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knttuPRpZbk

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Apparently you cant ask fellow members if they have anything they want to sell because its against the rules and my thread got taken down! So if anybody has anything for sale please put it up in the for sale section. (Shanties heaters poles bibs, etc etc) then i can go and open everyone to see what state they are from. Thought it would be easier to just ask the people that are local to me but I guess thats forbidden. Im sure they have their reasons though. Thanks. Is there a for sale section for each state that i am missing? Not sure

Posting items for sale are restricted to IS Militia members. I'm sure this is to prevent the forum from becoming a free-for-all of used items. If you want to sell sign up, pay a small fee and you can post in the "For Sale" section. Anyone can buy so if you see something you want there just PM the poster.

Only general "For Sale", not by state. No worries, there's not a ton of stuff there and all the most recent is at the top of the list. Check it out here: https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=157.0.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2019, 07:36 PM »
I mean yeah it sucks but it's the rules.   But unfortunately that's the way it goes.   I'm on multiple ice fishing sale groups on Facebook

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:05 AM »
I found that out years ago.  the way its structured youd be better off on the facebook sale boards. probably why there isn't much on there for sale. I just wrote that part of this site off and never go there.  why would someone want to look at stuff for sale across the country anyhow? not thought out very well. imo
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:22 AM »

FB or Craigslist, look there

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:00 PM »
I hate FB but the marketplace is awesome. It's really the only reason I ever visit there.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.