Author Topic: Maxi  (Read 21736 times)

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Maxi
« Reply #180 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:38 PM »
Lakes been singing nonstop all evening
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #181 on: Mar 05, 2019, 09:55 PM »
Its not the singing that bothers me, it the shaking.  Not sure it will do that until its all Frozen.

Offline crill1977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #182 on: Mar 06, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Any issues with ice on the public launch west side of lake.... Gonna hit it up Thursday and Friday night after work if anyone wants to go out...

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #183 on: Mar 06, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Any word on gill bite? Gonna try tomorrow afternoon.

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #184 on: Mar 06, 2019, 11:53 PM »
So when I was packing up to leave last night there was something pretty interesting on the end of my tipup.....

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #185 on: Mar 06, 2019, 11:54 PM »
Its not the singing that bothers me, it the shaking.  Not sure it will do that until its all Frozen.
I love it.
Crill the launch was no problem at all

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #186 on: Mar 07, 2019, 05:36 AM »
So when I was packing up to leave last night there was something pretty interesting on the end of my tipup.....

Mud puppy !! How big was it ? Never caught one in a lake it's always been in the river ...

Offline crill1977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #187 on: Mar 07, 2019, 05:41 AM »
Thanks Jig_Head...plan on hitting ice at 430 central tonight... Need to get on them jumbo perch and a big eye....

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #188 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:09 PM »
Thanks Jig_Head...plan on hitting ice at 430 central tonight... Need to get on them jumbo perch and a big eye....
Goof luck brother. Bite was really poor the other night. I'm done there for the season. Thinking about looking for pike this weekend

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #189 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Mud puppy !! How big was it ? Never caught one in a lake it's always been in the river ...
This was the first time I've ever seen one in person! Idk 10 or 12 inches long. Caught it on a tipup set 11.5ft in 12.5fow

Offline crill1977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #190 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Tonight's my last Maxi on ice unless I get on them then will go tomorrow if not fishing closingvto home Friday night... Hour plus drive from maxi so hope its worth it

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #191 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:44 PM »
This was the first time I've ever seen one in person! Idk 10 or 12 inches long. Caught it on a tipup set 11.5ft in 12.5fow

That's pretty neat ! did you set it on the ice and watch it walk back to the whole? The first time I caught one it was about the same size but had big red Gill that hung out its sides are the head I set it on the ground about 20 feet from the water and it walked all the way back.I once had someone tell me that the Michigan record on one of those is like 18 in

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #192 on: Mar 07, 2019, 04:25 PM »

It's a walking Turd!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: The Necturus maculosus. I've seen other pics from past post of the mudpuppy being caught from Maxi. Every now and then if you have a underwater camera you will see them come through. Salamanders are cool creatures.

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #193 on: Mar 07, 2019, 05:41 PM »
That's pretty neat ! did you set it on the ice and watch it walk back to the whole? The first time I caught one it was about the same size but had big red Gill that hung out its sides are the head I set it on the ground about 20 feet from the water and it walked all the way back.I once had someone tell me that the Michigan record on one of those is like 18 in
Haha no I didn't even think about that. Wish I would of now

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #194 on: Mar 10, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Got out last Friday fished from 9am till 5pm, 1 dink perch and 1 rockbass. Did have something attack my camera and seconds after that a walleye came swimming in from the cams direction, only eye I seen. I've had smally's attack my cam at Maxy but this walleye is a first 4me.

Ice was 9" and solid around the launch edge. Wanted to go back out Sat mourn but to windy. With the rain and warm temps I'm est. Culver is probably done, anyone check it out Sunday?

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #195 on: Mar 10, 2019, 10:08 PM »
Im hoping to check it out monday or tuesday if i dont hear of anything. Running arronds today, a lot of stuff looks as if it didnt get beat uo too bad. Some open edges and that, to be normal of course. We certainly didnt get as much rain as they were calling for.

Deffinetly on the last few days anyways, but maybe i can squeeze one or 2 more trips in yet. Just maybe. 😁
Got one goin'!

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish stories told here!!!! Some true...
« Reply #196 on: Mar 12, 2019, 10:34 AM »
Got out last Friday fished from 9am till 5pm, 1 dink perch and 1 rockbass. Did have something attack my camera and seconds after that a walleye came swimming in from the cams direction, only eye I seen. I've had smally's attack my cam at Maxy but this walleye is a first 4me.

The walleye bite was for about 20 min, right at dark. All small but a bunch of them.

Ice was 9" and solid around the launch edge. Wanted to go back out Sat mourn but to windy. With the rain and warm temps I'm est. Culver is probably done, anyone check it out Sunday?
Mitch

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #197 on: Mar 12, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Got one goin'!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #198 on: Mar 12, 2019, 02:32 PM »

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #199 on: Mar 13, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Rain pending....I'm thinking about getting the kayak out 4 the first time this season. Was gonna go to Maxi. Someone come with lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.