Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: new iowa ice shanty members  (Read 16806 times)

Offline alfromiowa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: new iowa ice shanty members
« Reply #60 on: Nov 25, 2008, 08:44 PM »
I live on the south side of Red Rock....half way between Pella and Knoxville. I'm Scout on those other sites. :D
   Al

Offline Perkeyone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Nov 26, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Maryville, MO here, yes we do get some ice!  I'm more of a lurker on this site, but I enjoy reading the Iowa posts.  Last year was my rookie year.  My parents live in Waukee, IA, so I hit Badger Creek alot.  I also went to 3 mile, Lake Icaria, Prarie Rose, and Arrowhead.
[/quote

Greenfield checking in. I was wondering what kind of luck you had at Lake Icaria? I haven't made it down there yet. Thanks Perkeyone

Offline ZEKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Welcome alfromiowa you might have to travel north to get on the early ice.
Give me a ring if you need company on the ice.

Offline JoeB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Nov 26, 2008, 08:44 PM »
JoeB, Chars guide and what ever else you want here. I'm just east of Beeds Lake in Hampton, fish it most days and have to report that I didn't take a keeper last year. ??? ??? ??? Would like to meet others and fish different lakes, give me a shout.
Joe

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #64 on: Nov 26, 2008, 08:57 PM »
I live on the south side of Red Rock....half way between Pella and Knoxville. I'm Scout on those other sites. :D
   Al

Al, I should have some week days off this winter. if you find yourself home during the week sometime and want to hit the ice, shoot me a message.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline XUSMC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Nov 27, 2008, 06:42 AM »
XUSMC here.  Hailing from Turin, IA.  Also known as Turin Man on IO and Ornery Orr in the Cowboy Action Shooting Community.

Offline uberfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Nov 27, 2008, 07:29 AM »
glad to see all of you. 

Offline shadow-ia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Nov 28, 2008, 04:33 PM »
parkersburg,iowa here

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #68 on: Nov 28, 2008, 04:53 PM »
parkersburg,iowa here

welcome aboard Eddy

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline ZEKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Nov 28, 2008, 07:51 PM »
welcome to the board Eddy

Offline big 12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Nov 29, 2008, 08:56 AM »
I'm in Cedar Rapids. I fish Macbride most of the time,but with this years draw down I plan to try some new spots.

Offline bassattack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Nov 29, 2008, 11:49 AM »
Hello. From Marion, IA.

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Dec 01, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Cedar Rapids....been here for 9 years...originally from Independence, fishing on the Wapsi growing up.....would like to meet a few guys from the area to fish with and learn the area. Have casually fished pleasant creek, macbride but definately want to learn more including the Cedar. :tipup:

Offline slater1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Dec 01, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Slater, Ia, between Ames and Des Moines.  Originally from Kossuth county.  Fish Big Creek the most as it's only 7 miles away.  Ada Hayden has been good to me.  Hope the gas stays around $1.50 so I can venture further from home more often this winter.
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Dec 02, 2008, 12:04 AM »
webster city here...y'all can consider this an open invite...i'm fishing morse, cornelia, elm, clear every other day NOW...as it gets colder will add briggs, brushy, little wall (just for jim), and several "local" ponds...when it really ices up, i've got permission for about 40 private ponds in sw ia....feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you wanna join in or have suggestions.

Offline rustycj8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Dec 03, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Hi, I'm from Dubuque. Hopefully this year will be able to get out on
the ice a little more than the last few years. Even want to get in
a trip or two to some places I've never been to. Good luck, Dave.

Offline badgercreekfreek

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Take a kid fishing!
« Reply #76 on: Dec 03, 2008, 03:52 PM »
I live in Waukee, IA about 4 miles north of Badger Creek ... and if you can tell by my id on the forum it's my go-to lake, but fish nearly everything from Three Mile to Clear Lake throughout the season.  I'm hoping to hit the IGLs, Clear Lake, and Brushy a couple of times each this year and focus on Badger Creek, Big Creek, and small farm ponds during the week.  The goal is to get out 50 times this year ... so the ice can form any day now.

Offline mike_skoges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Dec 03, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Hey everyone, I just moved to IA the end of last ice fishing year so I am very excited for this year. I moved here from Western Montana so I have fished a lot of lakes out there and caught a lot of fish but I will rely on you guys to help me out with the fishing over here as it is unchartered territory for me. I live in the Cedar Rapids area, and am looking for some good fishing. I hear McBride is pretty good and that seems to be the closest to me. If anyone else knows of any good spots around me let me know. I will find them eventually and let all of you know what I find. The FL-20 Flasher does a good job on telling me where the fish are ;) Hope everyone has a great year and I will look forward to chatting with you on the ice.

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 03, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Hi all, Jeff from Waterloo here.Stumbled accross this site not to long ago.Just got back into ice fishing last season after a 10 year layoff so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Offline jagerdog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yes ma'am, I can fish well too!!
« Reply #79 on: Dec 03, 2008, 05:32 PM »
Hi all,
     I'm in Manly, IA, just north of Mason City.  I generally fish Clear Lake and IGL, but I'd punch a hole in a frozen public restroom if there was a rumor of fish in there.  ;D
Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand!

Offline Bullhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Diehard Chicago Bears Fan!
« Reply #80 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Northwood, Iowa here

For the person asking about Silver Lake in Worth County, I haven't heard anything yet if anybody has been out there.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #81 on: Dec 05, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Hey everyone, I just moved to IA the end of last ice fishing year so I am very excited for this year. I moved here from Western Montana so I have fished a lot of lakes out there and caught a lot of fish but I will rely on you guys to help me out with the fishing over here as it is unchartered territory for me. I live in the Cedar Rapids area, and am looking for some good fishing. I hear McBride is pretty good and that seems to be the closest to me. If anyone else knows of any good spots around me let me know. I will find them eventually and let all of you know what I find. The FL-20 Flasher does a good job on telling me where the fish are ;) Hope everyone has a great year and I will look forward to chatting with you on the ice.

He's lieing like a rug...he doesn't know how to fish!!!!

Glad to see you landed safely in Iowa Mike!  I'm going to hit the lake Mary Ronan Perch hole this year(didn't make it last year)....thanks again!

Offline c.r.rick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing and hunting ducks and bucks
« Reply #82 on: Dec 05, 2008, 05:34 PM »
hey mike skoges try pleasant creek and the ellis park harbor.  mohawk park can be good too.  both in cedar rapids pleasant creek lake is north of palo.
early to bed early to rise fish like h.e.l.l. and think up lies.

Offline great white

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Dec 06, 2008, 08:29 PM »
How good is Ellis--what do you usually catch?

--Whitey

Offline crappieslayer101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Dec 06, 2008, 09:41 PM »
I'm from MO but I lived in NE Iowa for most my life.  Oelwein  IA, had to move to MO, but would rather be in Iowa during the winter months

Offline c.r.rick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing and hunting ducks and bucks
« Reply #85 on: Dec 07, 2008, 05:41 AM »
ellis harbor is where the boat houses on the cedar river are in cedar rapids.  the harbor nearst to the river is usually good for crappies bluegill and the every now and then youll pick up a walleye. deepest water there i have found is 14 feet but that was before the floods of 08.  hope this helps john-boy.  (aka whitey)
early to bed early to rise fish like h.e.l.l. and think up lies.

Offline whiteysheating

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 07, 2008, 09:51 AM »
Wrong Whitey Rick. I am still here though. Waiting to get out there on the ice.
Whitey

Offline eastiaman18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Dec 07, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Marion here.  originally anamosa so know the wapsi pretty good.  eastiaman18 on  IO and IDO. 

Offline IAbear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Dec 10, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Hi Guys I am up in the N.W. corner of the state. Sioux Center to be exact. This is a great site.

Offline moondog440

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Dec 11, 2008, 01:14 AM »
  Hey Gentlemen! Glad to see the forum getting the responses it deserves! This a great site. I am from Clinton, right on the Mississippi. I mainly fish the backwaters and an occasional farm pond. I am  SO looking forward to getting out this Friday morning. I was on the disabled list the entire hardwater season last year- it is a sad story involving a 4-wheeler, the state of Wisconsin and a local beer called Spotted Cow. The end result was 7 months off work, new knee parts from a dead guy, ALOT of therapy and several,several thosands of dollars of Dr bills. My ortho told me that if I went on the ice after the surgery he would personally take the 3" screws out of my Tibia/Femur without any anestesia! Point taken. In any case it was a long winter and I am looking to make up for my lost season. Good luck to all and be safe! By the way, are you out there Riverbottoms? I talked to your boy yesterday and he said you were back this way. PM me if you get time!
When is this water gonna freeze!?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.