The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Fishing Stevens Point  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Kbank050

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing Stevens Point
« on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Hey guys,
I'm a new student at UWSP and was looking for some guidance on where to fish. I've fished the Wisconsin river a couple times since I've been up here and caught a couple small walleye. I'm not looking for exact spots just a general direction on where to look. Thanks

Offline sconnieboy55

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Fishing Stevens Point
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:06 AM »
Tons of spots on the river but unfortunately everybody in town and their brother hits them up.  I know Red Bridge and the Pipe get pounded from first ice to ice out, River Road slough gets lots of action as well.  Lake DuBay seems to turn into the dead sea after new years.  If you are willing to drive, I highly recommend the Big Eau Pleine.  Great action if you get on them, seem to bite better in the afternoon/night time.  Lots of small glacial lakes out towards Amherst/Stockton that are worth checking out for some action.  Mission Lake and Pike Lake in Marathon county are good options as well if you are willing to drive a little bit out of town.

Offline AlphaRooster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:27 AM »
might want to check this out-great folks ,great music and a chance to meet other people in the area that like to fish...and where else can you watch a band while fishing     

Offline sconnieboy55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:48 AM »
I saw this last year and wanted to fish it but ended up being out of town.  I think I may head there Sunday

Offline AlphaRooster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2019, 01:42 PM »
I will be there with a few friends from the Minocqua area

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.