New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: BILLS - WILL THEY RIGHT THE SHIP ?!  (Read 6137 times)

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: BILLS - WILL THEY RIGHT THE SHIP ?!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2022, 08:00 PM »

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2022, 09:35 PM »
Yeah old - Kinda like the joke where Buffalo's area code gets changed to 044 
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Mr poper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2022, 05:35 PM »
Lol

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2022, 06:11 PM »
Josh Allen is the messiah of western NY - you will see him on the podium hoisting the Lombardi trophy more than once in a Bills uniform. He is under contract for 6 more seasons after this one. As much as we love Jim Kelly, he had Thurman Thomas bailing him out as the unquestioned offensive star on the 4 teams that went to the Superbowl. Thomas' SB stats were not very good, and Kelly was not good enough to overcome that and find another way to win those. Allen can put the entire team on his back when he needs to.

Before you reply with hate messages, understand that I adore Jim Kelly for what he did back in the day, and when their no-huddle offense was working their opponents were completely overmatched. Those seasons were fun to watch with all of those superstars playing together. If Norwood had not muffed that FG against the Giants, we would have one already.

Close your eyes and have a vision of Josh on the podium with the confetti still floating to the ground, and then raising the Lombardi trophy while screaming " THIS IS FOR YOU BUFFALO ! "  I do this almost every day
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 22, 2022, 06:55 PM »
now that's original    ::)

trapper do you know that scott norwood tried to shoot himself?  he missed wide right 😜

seriously though i'm a long suffering Bills fan and at least we're relevant again. Good management, coaching and players make for a good culture so add in a little luck/good fortune and who knows what will happen
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 23, 2022, 06:01 AM »
I have pissed off a lot of people planning to be at a sports bar in SC on Christmas Eve so I can watch the game tomorrow.

Man, you’d think the in-laws would know me by now

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Dec 23, 2022, 07:04 AM »
i  never like  saying this  but  tommorows  game  should  be  a  breeze   for the  bills .....   12 - 3  after tommorow

Offline Petercos22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2022, 07:11 AM »
Can not miss. Our new superstar at any position.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2022, 08:23 AM »
I have pissed off a lot of people planning to be at a sports bar in SC on Christmas Eve so I can watch the game tomorrow.

Man, you’d think the in-laws would know me by now

Is that because you prefer to watch football at a bar rather than at home ? I looked at the broadcast map for the game and Saratoga was showing in the area for the regular CBS broadcast of the game. Where I live though, in Beacon, it will not be on regular TV so I am headed to a bar to watch it. When I stopped in there yesterday to confirm they would have it on, there was a guy about my age sitting there with a Steelers jacket on, and this smoking hot blond barmaid around say 30 years old making small talk with us.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2022, 08:35 AM »
i  never like  saying this  but  tommorows  game  should  be  a  breeze   for the  bills .....   12 - 3  after tommorow

Yes, never state what " should be " the outcome of a NFL football game. Every team is a dangerous opponent despite what their record currently is. All it takes for an upset to happen is for the Bills to start the game flat and maybe cough up an early turnover to make the Bears play better than they really are. That said, the Bills D should be able to dominate a Bears team with no offensive weapons whatsoever outside of a running QB. I hope the Bills are not looking past this game and GO BILLS !

The game next week in Cincy will have playoff implications for both teams. I can't freakin' stand their QB " Joe Cool " .... looks like a little primadonna to me and I want Matt Milano, Ed Oliver and Greg Rousseau to terrorize him and do the broken ribs job on him as they did to Mike White 2 weeks ago.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 24, 2022, 06:12 AM »
Is that because you prefer to watch football at a bar rather than at home ? I looked at the broadcast map for the game and Saratoga was showing in the area for the regular CBS broadcast of the game. Where I live though, in Beacon, it will not be on regular TV so I am headed to a bar to watch it. When I stopped in there yesterday to confirm they would have it on, there was a guy about my age sitting there with a Steelers jacket on, and this smoking hot blond barmaid around say 30 years old making small talk with us.

Because I am in SC (South Carolina). I’d rather drive the 12.5 hours to watch it in the comfort of my own home than go to bar

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Dec 24, 2022, 06:33 AM »
going to  stream it on my  phone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 24, 2022, 07:00 AM »
Someone in the lobby just gave me a sie I could stream from

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Dec 24, 2022, 03:03 PM »
oh thats  a  offical hiney kicking  them bears  got

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 24, 2022, 03:55 PM »
oh thats  a  offical hiney kicking  them bears  got
that's shouldn't be a surprise.  Besides fields, there isn't much talent on that team.  That said, if Allen is going to play like that, against a jv defense...good luck with that superbowl thing. 
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #45 on: Dec 24, 2022, 04:08 PM »
that's shouldn't be a surprise.  Besides fields, there isn't much talent on that team.  That said, if Allen is going to play like that, against a jv defense...good luck with that superbowl thing.

I was thinking the same thing, Allen was not at all impressive today, BUT he realized with enough time left that the running game was where it was at. Smart not to keep trying to pass when the wind is as it was, and when you may be off mentally. The defense started out shaky but then remembered how to tackle again and were impressive in the second half.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Dec 25, 2022, 12:42 PM »
be  nice to get that first round  bye

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #47 on: Dec 25, 2022, 03:51 PM »
Although we all tend to overreact to any performance by Josh that is not Superman, and have come to expect out-of-this-world play from him all the time, he is getting smarter and taking what is there instead of trying to pad his highlight reel as much as he can every week. The goal is to win the Superbowl, and if that means your running backs are the stars or if you play more conservatively than the fans have come to expect from you ( Josh ) because your defense is lights out in a particular game then that is playing smart and getting the most out of the other 52 guys on the team.

Brett Favre never learned the lesson that his teammates wanted to contribute and win just as much as he did, call it glory seeking or narcissism but there were games that he threw way too many pass attempts and too many interceptions, and he probably could have won more than the 1 Superbowl if he chilled out and played the game like it was a team sport.

I don't think there has ever been a player that was the league's MVP in a season that thought the MVP award was better than being the Champ  :clap: ;)2

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Dec 25, 2022, 05:39 PM »
allen is going tp make 258 million  over the nexy 6 years playing for buffalo ....i'm thinking he probablly  knows  more about foot  ball and plays  better then me  ......

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #49 on: Dec 26, 2022, 01:39 PM »

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #50 on: Dec 26, 2022, 01:39 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #51 on: Dec 26, 2022, 01:40 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #52 on: Dec 26, 2022, 01:40 PM »

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Dec 26, 2022, 03:07 PM »
welcome  home!!!!

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 02, 2023, 07:25 PM »

Most predictions picking Cincinnati!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Jan 03, 2023, 04:50 AM »
prayers to damar and his family .... and  my hat is off to the  buffalo bills players and the  bengals  for the way they  acted  and  putting the  game second and the concern  for a fallen  friend player and team mate ....that  is sportsmanship of the highest

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #56 on: Jan 03, 2023, 06:02 AM »
prayers to damar and his family .... and  my hat is off to the  buffalo bills players and the  bengals  for the way they  acted  and  putting the  game second and the concern  for a fallen  friend player and team mate ....that  is sportsmanship of the highest

Agree 100% - the game did not matter after that. It was a horrible thing to watch, regardless of which team you route for.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #57 on: Jan 03, 2023, 05:34 PM »

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #58 on: Jan 04, 2023, 12:57 PM »
Showed class with the league postponing the game.
Thoughts and prayers!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Jan 04, 2023, 01:11 PM »
It was lookin like Buffalo was gonna get beat down in that game.  Bengals drove right down the field and they were on their way again before the unthinkable happened.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.