New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE  (Read 29087 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Heres the new one guys....
This was the first post on the old one who was started by pooley..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Here is to the contiuation of the SENY anglers thread,
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Wahoo!!   
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
32 degrees here in the North Country.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Overnight low was 31F ...had a brief snow shower last night . Its getting there folks . It was kind of fitting as I was helping my buddy put together his Eskimo 2600 thermal in the daylight hours ...that is a nice shelter .. lots of room and the assembly was pretty straight forward ..the trim lock still needs to be installed. Tested the Power Practical LED 10' color strip with a Dewalt battery and USB adapter...worked well and very bright .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Radneck

• IceShanty Rookie
I’ve been using the Eskimo 2600 for a few years.  It’s an awesome shelter.  Stays warm. Seats are comfortable for long days

Offline Radneck

• IceShanty Rookie
Best of luck. Stay safe

Offline Radneck

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo offers 20% military discount as well

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Snow fall total 5-6 inches in lower Sullivan ...hope the predicted temperatures remain true for the 10 day.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
14 degrees this morning in Dutchess, with about 4 inches of snow.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Over nite low of 15F...4 or 5 inches of the wet snow on the ground and still a lot on the trees

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
4 degrees in Suffern Saturday morning,14 degrees in Plattsburgh.🥴275 miles apart. 🤣
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hey Guys , Merry Christmas. Hope all has been well with you. Getting ready to take the flintlock out, then a little re con for hardwater. Shouldn't be long. Be well.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good luck with the smoke pole. I’m headed out tomorrow, and will finish off the season before I start checking ice. 

It’s been a very slow year, we think that EHD took its toll on the population here.  We just are not seeing any deer.

Offline ILikeaDaFish

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone aware if there's solid ice in westchester? Looking at Muscoot Reservoir

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Anyone aware if there's solid ice in westchester? Looking at Muscoot Reservoir

Use the Reports and Conditions Board for that inquiry.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=50.0

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Merry xmas everyone! Any one check any ice in Orange County i live in Monroe and the village mark the local pond safe to ice skate. Round lake was locked up as prior to the freeze  we had and walton was open water that same day (last wensday)

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Folks in my area have found fishable ice ...I assume further north would fair much better ...south of me would not be advisable .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Was able to get on my local private lake for some mild action ...lots of lookers with some panfish takers and one crappie .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I heard that they sell bait as well ..My buddy may be getting some later today ..see how that goes.

https://libertyagway.com/

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Greetings may everyone's Christmas or Chanukah have been good ones. I'm not sure how long what ice we have on lakes and ponds will last given the current warm spell.

Hardwater diehard thank you for the information on the Swan Lake fire dept. ice fishing contest you saved me from writing a letter to contact person I have for that contest. I believe you are correct and Liberty(NY.) Agway does sell bait for fishing. Monticello Home and Garden on route 17B about one mile past the raceway heading towards White Lake also sells bait for fishing. Unless the store set up has changed the sporting goods area is located at rear of the store.

Good fishing wished to everyone keep safe on the recently formed ice.

Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

I believe he is located near White lake NY..not sure of his bait selection/size

(845) 707-2447

https://www.facebook.com/JeffStormbaits

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Soooo close.  This thaw seems like a long one, till the tenth I've been reading.   There are not many years that Ive been on the ice before New Years.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Was able to get on my local for 3 straight days.. late afternoon into the night bite  ...cant say it was very productive but it was fun to got to shake out the cob webs ..and test some new gear.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Hardwater diehard glad you were able to get out and fish while lakes by you had ice. thanks for the information on bait shop in White lake.

I do not believe any lakes are open for ice fishing at this time. but for everyone's knowledge here are phone numbers for Bear Mountain,Harriman,Rockland Lake and Sterling Forest state parks.

Bear Mountain  (845)-786-2701
  Tiorotti beach (Harriman)  (845)-429-8257
  Rockland lake (845)-268-3020
  Sterling Forest (8450-351-5907

I strongly suggest calling before traveling to any of these parks especially if driving for one hour or more to reach them. Remember only certain lakes in Harriman and Sterling Forest are open to ice fishing. The agency which manages these parks requires a minimum of 6 inches of ice over majority of a lake before opening it to ice fishing. There are signs Red lake closed ,Green lake is open .

Hope this is of some help to folks.
  Steve

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I heard that they sell bait as well ..My buddy may be getting some later today ..see how that goes.

https://libertyagway.com/
It's good!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
It's good!

That is good to know ..unfortunately when my buddy went there last Thursday...they were out but expected to get bait later that day , Do you know if they have small minnows ...1.5" -2"  ?

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Beachwoods 16 ,thank you for confirming that Liberty,NY. Agway does ell live bait fish and you are happy with the quality.

Steve

Offline brent_mydland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Sitting here in limbo, knowing that I have to go
New to Southern NY and new to ice fishing. Wanted to say hello! Will be following this thread. Looking forward to getting out there this winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.