Author Topic: expedition anorakk suit -- any reviews?  (Read 16816 times)

Offline Ty

• Team IceShanty Regular
expedition anorakk suit -- any reviews?
« on: Nov 19, 2013, 07:58 AM »
im looking at the expedition anorakk ice suit, and Im wondering if anyone out there has one and can comment on the quality of it, or anything else that might be nice to know about it. It looks like a really nice suit for the money, but im just wondering if its too good to be true? also id there any way to get in contact with one of their reps maybe to figure out the proper sizing?

thanks yall.

Offline pisces

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: expedition anorakk suit -- any reviews?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2013, 08:04 AM »
I believe that Glen's sells them and they are a sponsor .You could try their website and or call them.

Offline Dana

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Everything Ice Fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2013, 05:49 PM »
im looking at the expedition anorakk ice suit, and Im wondering if anyone out there has one and can comment on the quality of it, or anything else that might be nice to know about it. It looks like a really nice suit for the money, but im just wondering if its too good to be true? also id there any way to get in contact with one of their reps maybe to figure out the proper sizing?

thanks yall.

They are the best suit for the money that's made.  I dare anyone to compare it to a Clam Ultra Suit or a Sno Suit and not purchase the Anorakk.  3 Year warranty on them.  MN Company.  Once a few people have these they are going to be the most sought after suit out there.  I've attached the size chart below.

Glens Army Navy Store
701 NW 4th St
Grand Rapids, MN 55744

Toll Free: 1-888-525-1201
Local: 218-326-1201

[email protected]

GlensOutdoors.com

Follow Us on Twitter @GlensOutdoors

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2013, 02:32 AM »
Just ordered one up, let you guys know how it goes.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Fisherman83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2013, 06:33 PM »
Just ordered on myself also from glens! Will let you know once I receive it!

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:48 AM »
Its here. Its a thing of beauty.  It will work.  Well constructed at first glance, something I can't say about other suits I have witnessed.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline pisces

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2013, 08:14 PM »
 I just looked on Glen's website they're on sale for $240

Offline mag minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:09 PM »
 I ordered one a couple days ago. It appears to have the features I want. Got it for 239.- from Glen's and hope to be using it by the weekend.

Update: Received the suit from Glen's and it looks like it will do the job. Only issue for some may be that the Anorakk logo was replaced by an embroided Glen's Army Navy one on both the Jacket and bibs. No big deal to me but the 239.- suit is not exactly as pictured. Just a head's up...

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2014, 12:49 AM »
might just give it a wearing today.  been going with light weight snow bibs.

Offline johnnieb71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2014, 09:30 AM »
I just ordered the set for $199.00 shipped. You can't beat that price and everything I was able to find on this suit, says it is awesome. I have been looking for an insulated suit for a while and I sure hope this is all it is said to be. If it is, the entire suit just cost me less than a jacket was gonna cost me. I am very hard on my equipment so I will report back after the season on how it holds up. Also it is always cool to support our sponsors.

Offline mag minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:54 PM »

Wore the suit this weekend in single digit weather with a hoodie and warmup pants underneath and was fine. Padded Knees are nice as are all the pockets. So far I'd give it 5 out of 5. Just wish I knew where to pick it up for 199.-. I paid 239.- but am very satisfied.

Offline Snowwalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:07 PM »
Going to really have to look into this. I am in search of a good ice suit and for just cold weather wear.

Offline FishEyed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:25 PM »
Well I took a chance an bought one of these suits this week. It arrived yesterday. I opened the box and have been nothing but impressed with it. Quality made, feature packed - and WARM. Looks good too. When I got home we had temps of -10 with windchill down to -23. I put my suit on over some sweat pants and a t shirt and sat outside for over an hour completely comfortable.  I haven't had it out on the ice yet, but in looking it over about 100 times (like a little kid with his favorite toy) I'm sure I won't be disappointed at all.  Price is great - $199 at Glen's and a 3 yr warranty to boot.  I'll try and give an update post early next week after I wear it a couple of days on the ice this weekend.

Offline mag minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:42 PM »

I've had the suit now for almost a month and have used it in weather down to minus single digits and up to 30's with rain. No complaints whatsoever.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

I give it five flags up.

Offline tlc0617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2014, 04:11 PM »
Hey all! Newbie here to IceShanty.com as well as proud new owner of the Anorakk Ice Suit. Been away from ice fishing for some 30 years and decided it was time to get back into it. I can honestly say that after much research as to cost, type, features and insulation quality, this Anorakk ice suit is the cats pajama's! Warm, comfortable, loads of pockets and easy to put on and take off! Price I paid was 199.99 with free shipping. This suit stands up well against the big name suits in features and is, in fact, sewn at the same place the big name suits are made at. Extremely happy to be back on the ice and wearing a stylish and warm well made ice suit! Bring on the fish!

Offline frogstomp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2014, 02:35 PM »
I ordered mine last night from Glens , it was $174.99 & free shipping . Heard nothing but good things about the suit so it seemed like a good decision . Will post how it works out .

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2014, 02:38 PM »
I hope they float with all the ICE fishermen that are wearing them, Price does not matter if yer under the ice!!

Offline finchasr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:08 AM »
Just got the suit this week and took it out first time yesterday. Only two complaints:

1. Would be nice to have cuffs in the sleeves.

2. Needs flaps for the front pockets - reason being that we wound up in a snowstorm/blizzard which lasted for about 1 1/2 hours. With my back to the wind the front pockets wound up filling with snow which gave my waxies quite the chill I would imagine. Didn't realize it was happening as I was using plastics since the bite was on pretty good. Bite slowed so decided to go back to bait and yikes pocket full of snow.
Other than that the suit is a nice upgrade from the one piece carhartt suit I had been wearing. 

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:50 AM »
A gazillion pockets to choose from now you know bait goes in one of the inside pockets to stay warm and lively or at least not chilled. I haven't worn mine on ice yet but it is pretty sweet if heavy.  I put all loose things in zippered pockets on ice. I still love snow bibs for their heat and light weight and have took the dip a couple times they float long enough to pop back on top.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:09 PM »
I have been looking at this suit but only need the jacket. Does anyone know what the cost for just that is?

I can only find full suits.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline finchasr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:37 PM »
A gazillion pockets to choose from now you know bait goes in one of the inside pockets to stay warm and lively or at least not chilled. I haven't worn mine on ice yet but it is pretty sweet if heavy.  I put all loose things in zippered pockets on ice. I still love snow bibs for their heat and light weight and have took the dip a couple times they float long enough to pop back on top.

Offline finchasr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:41 PM »
ok, so bait should go somewhere else but what about my hands when I want to warm up with the fleece lined pockets - nice feature but not it they're full of snow! Also, if I want to fish in the rain which I've declined doing so (before buying this suit) this season because of non waterproof gear issues, what happens to all the rain? I'm thing it's goin in the pockets which have NO FLAPS! So Blu good luck with the suit, don't turn your back in a snowstorm if you want to warm your hands and be careful if you fish in the rain cause the suit may get a little heavier! Tight lines and stay on top!

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 17, 2014, 03:42 AM »
I checked the pockets out. On me they do not hang open any more than any other jacket I wear out on ice.  I'll admit most of my fishing and hunting gear has only zippered pockets though.
I wear glacier ice gloves with grabber packs inside to keep fingers  warm.

Offline Hiatt71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Mar 08, 2014, 10:45 PM »
What happens if a guy only needs a x-large bibs and a 2xl jacket? I have broad shoulders. I stand 6' 1" 250 lbs. I've been thinking about getting this suit for a couple of weeks now. The sizing is my only draw back. Wish I lived a little closers to Glenn's outdoors! :tipup:

quote author=Dana link=topic=262794.msg2704753#msg2704753 date=1385164147]
They are the best suit for the money that's made.  I dare anyone to compare it to a Clam Ultra Suit or a Sno Suit and not purchase the Anorakk.  3 Year warranty on them.  MN Company.  Once a few people have these they are going to be the most sought after suit out there.  I've attached the size chart below.

[/quote]

Offline Dakota Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fisherman walk on water
« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2014, 12:43 PM »
I bought this suit from Glens for $170 and free-shipping had in 2 days. I would put this suit up with those big dollar suits and it would do the job. I am 6'2 and 250 and my waist is a 38 and my chest is a 52 and the XL fit perfect maybe just maybe a tad short on the sleeve length but nothing to complain about. Its toasty warm and has plenty of pockets to the point I couldn't find my keys cause I couldn't remember which pocket it was :-[. Would recommend this suit to anyone who wants a high dollar quality on a low dollar budget! ;D

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2014, 08:05 PM »
I just couldn't tolerate all this yakking about this suit and not having one in hand.     ::)

My order has been processed for an XL.      ;)2

Now, for an update.  (2-22-2016)

They really got it right with this suit.

Waterproof in light rain, knee pads very strong.     

Armpit vents are a plus.      :thumbsup:

Bibs are easy on/off while wearing Trans Alaska III huge boots, due to long leg zippers.

Zipper pocket inside the coat prevents escapees down the icehole.    ;)2

MANY pockets but, none large enough for the kitchen sink, ha.

Snow proof flaps on the pockets function very well.

Drawstring at the coat bottom to avoid crack draft. ( But, the coat is long.)

Only regret is, I see they make it in a FLOATER.       :unsure:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #26 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:50 PM »
Above is an update.     ;D

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 23, 2016, 11:54 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I agree it's probably better than the clam suit, but I can  tell you first hand the fxe Snosuit was the best suit every made.  Even though it wasn't a floater.

Offline feklar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 23, 2016, 08:44 PM »
I have one have had it for 2 years, but rarely worn it.  I have never had another suit, so I don't have anything to compare it to.  I have rarely worn it because it is WARM, and we didn't get much cold this year.

Thing I have noticed:
Very warm
knee pads are nice
with the zippers on legs came all the way to hip.
lots of pockets.
Wish a liner zipped out of the coat so I could use it more
Like the reflective piping.

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #29 on: Feb 25, 2016, 03:47 PM »
Okay here is my unboxing review of my new Anorakk  Sikre flotation  suit.
Brand new with tags, free shipping, size large: 185.00. That's the jacket and bibs.
The jacket weighs in at 3.9 lbs. The bibs 2.7 lbs.
Jacket has 6 pockets inside and 9 outside, plus a small pocket with a safety whistle.
Bibs have 8 pockets. All pockets have flaps or zippers, except the 4 hand warmer pockets (2 jacket, 2 bibs). Outside zippers are waterproof.
Jacket has leg straps so the jacket will not ride up in the wind or water.
Bibs have padded and reinforced knees and seat. When kneeling the padding is right where you need it. There is no flotation in the bottom 12" of the legs.
Hip length zippers on the legs. But the storm flap has Velcro fasteners. Not a fan of that, but not sure I would have liked a magnet any better.
 Fabric appears to be very tuff but flexible.
 Size wise the bibs fit me just fine. I am 6'0", 175 lbs. I am of slender build so the jacket is a little large on me. But that is fine because I will probably have another jacket or hoody under it.
 I have not had the chance to try it out on the ice as I just got it today and we have had rain for 2 days.
 Someone complained that the suit did not have cuffs. I can tell you that it has an inner cuff and a neoprene adjustable outer cuff. Also has 2 draw strings, one at the waist and one at the bottom of the coat.
One thing I am not sure of is the bottom of the bibs has the soft part of Velcro sewn in the inside of the pants leg. I am guessing this a wear guard.
 The jacket has a nice high standup collar that will block the wind. Plus a zip off hood. Zippered vents under the arms also.

All in all I can say I am happy with the new suit, especially for the price. This is replacing a 35+ year old sears snowmobile suit. Will update after using it for awhile.     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.