Author Topic: Pac Boots?  (Read 776 times)

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
Pac Boots?
« on: Jan 01, 2011, 02:47 PM »
Just ordered a new pair of boots ... to replace my Columbia Titanium Ice boots (similar to the Columbia Omni-Tech Bugaboot, but beefier).  The problem with my Columbia's is that they are no longer waterproof.  Tried everything to find/fix the leak with no result, which kinda burns my rump seeing as though I just paid $170 for them just a few years ago.  They were really warm and comfy, but no good to me now since they leak.  I shopped around and noticed almost all pac boots are made of many different materials stitched together for the shell of the boot and thought, "why is it everytime I buy some boots and spend good hard earned money ($100-220) they ALWAYS spring a leak? Gee, I wonder why ..."  With the exception of some all-rubber farm boots I've had for over ten years, every boot I've EVER owned has leaked, sometimes in a little as 2 months. 

So I started a lengthy search for my next victim, uh ... I mean boot ... and found them in the form of Kamik Goliath 3 boots from one of the I.S. sponsors, MuckBootsOnline.com:
http://www.muckbootsonline.com/Kamik_Mens_Goliath_Work_Boots_p/bk0845.htm

I ordered them on Tuesday, they arrived Wednesday!!!  Shipping and returns are free, so I gave them a whirl and ordered a pair for $125+ tax.  They are quite possibly the warmest boots I've ever owned (rated -75f) with a tuff rubber outer shell designed for tough working conditions in really cold climates.  Hopefully these babies will be the last boots I buy for a LONG, LONG time.

Anybody else experience constant leaky-boot syndrome?

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Pac Boots?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2011, 06:24 PM »
I only have one pair of pac boots and it's a Lacrosse extreme PFT.  It's heavy and clumsy.  Hasn't leaked on me, but I haven't really given it the 10 hours of slush dredge work.  I usually use my Matterhorn boots when I know I have to fight slush.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.