Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1617231 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17520 on: Nov 08, 2019, 11:12 AM »
Good day partly cloudy sky and 10 mph wind with higher gusts making for a chilly day the high will be in upper thirties but with the windchill will feel like the mid twenties during the daylight hours. Only saw rain yesterday weather guessers saying next chance for snow will be Monday night into Tuesday. I never got to the meeting on Wednesday night was out in the afternoon and picked up a meal from local pizza place did not agree with my digestive system.
Eddie may the pavers go quickly so you do not have to spend to much time at the Gov.'s Mansion having to work around his schedule.
Ice Wanderer keep up the good work with the shoulder. :clap: :thumbsup:
Whopper Stopper have a safe day with the chain saw. May you get out for a couple days during the firearms season.
Tom Turkey may that 8pt. still be around when you start hunting. Hope changing the ladder on your stand is an easy project and can be completed before the season starts. We have had the police called to our meetings at least once that I know of argument between two property owners.
Hunts2long believe one of the high schools down here Monroe-Woodbury (Class AA or A) is advancing to girls soccer state tournament play. Looks Like you will be busy next Spring cleaning up the fallen white Pine or building a new blind in that area.
Wallyworld I hope  a snow blower or your tractor is ready in case they are needed on Monday especially if Mr.WW will be at the hunting camp.
Old Goat sounds like some folks in northern part of your state might be ice fishing before to long.
Icefisher-45 may figuring out the Jeep's wiring problem not be to expensive. You might want to turn your heat on to a low setting (55-60 degrees) to prevent any plumbing problems as colder temperatures hit the North East U.S. pipes maybe in outside house walls.

Have a safe and good Friday. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17521 on: Nov 08, 2019, 06:00 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Not a good day today. New meds made me sick. Head was pounding all day. Doctor said to stop taking it for a week then restart slowly. Plan is to see if these meds work then a spinal tap.

Mr Clean, Hope your feeling better from your dinner. May try and turn the heat on tonight. Supposed to be cold per the weather guessers.

WallyWorld, That stinks the Bucks didn’t come near the stand Mr WW was in. Hoping the wiring issue is a easy fix.

Hunts2long, Jeep is registered. Just have to put the plates on it. That’s great news about the new blind.

Ice Wanderer, Good that physical therapy is working. Hopefully you get the restrictions lifted soon. Did you get all your fishing equipment in order?

I hope everyone had a great day and has a good evening. Be safe. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17522 on: Nov 09, 2019, 04:30 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 15* and clear here on my hill, the lakes are cooling down. :clap:
                       Steve.........Sorry to read that the food from the pizza shop made you ill. I hope you're feeling better today? ???
                       I-45...........I hope your headaches have lessened today, and the new med works. :unsure: I didn't get the ice gear out things came up. :whistle:
                       Wally.........It looks like we got the same amount of snow that you did, with the forecast ahead it looks like the bike needs a rest
              and time to get the ice gear out. :thumbsup:
                      Marv..........How did the tree job go? ???
                      Eddie.........I guess the mansion get high priority. :woot:
                      H2L...........I hope you get out today, dress warm. :whistle:
                      My refrigerator in the basement died so off to the dump with it today.
                      I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out hunting or wetting a line!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17523 on: Nov 09, 2019, 06:09 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....hope your stomach's settled down  ;)  no snow blower and the skidder winch is still on the tractor, seems "winter" is sneaking up faster than ever this year  :o 

IW.....looks like I won't be getting one last mowing in either  :-\   fridge shopping after the dump  ???

WS.....hope the tree job went well and there aren't too many aches this morning  ;)2

IF45.....sorry the new meds hit so hard  :(  fingers crossed you can ease into them and get some relief  :)

Eddie....any plans to wet a line this weekend  ???

H2L......what a beautiful morning to be in the woods, good luck  ;D

19* clear and calm, could be an early season  :icefish:  got some fencing and burlap around most of my shrubs yesterday  :flex: need to get the trimmer out and clean up the burning bushes in front of the house then fence them in to keep the darn rabbits out  :blink:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17524 on: Nov 09, 2019, 07:07 AM »
Morning, Everybody

Yup, it is starting to get here, 24*, no wind at present

I see people not feeling well, hoping for better results as time passes

I don't know what is worse, having too much work or not having the time to do it, been 'burning the candle' at both ends since starting the A.C. job, I'm just about 'shot'
      Got to finish the 'joe' and get moving - be back after dinner

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17525 on: Nov 09, 2019, 07:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 19* here this morning. Could be early ice. My wife went to work and has the Jeep plates with her. Just Mr Dickens and me listening to old time radio and the country station.

WallyWorld, Hope you can keep the rabbits out.

Ice Wanderer, Do they charge you at the transfer station for the fridge? Are you going fridge shopping after the dump?

Captain Jim, Hopefully it slows down a little for you during the holidays.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one with whatever they are doing. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17526 on: Nov 09, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Back to the computer, man I missed the big key board Hahaha

45- Up at the shack there is a radio station based on the local Indian Reservation. Saturday nights they play old country. I am talking from the 50'- 70's, good stuff. Women and whiskey, not the new "Old pickups and a cowboy hat junk" Hahaha

The job yesterday went fine. I had to take the wood and the guy will burn the brush. I have a smaller job today. The other job can't be done for a couple weeks. They are calling for lows around 4 Monday night-Tuesday.

Today I have to put the s-i-l blower on her tractor. She is sucking leaves for the last time this morning. It's supposed to get to 40 this afternoon so being I have to do her's out side I want to get it done.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17527 on: Nov 09, 2019, 08:42 AM »
mid 20's to start the day with some single digits guessed for the first of the week. this is going to be the first year in a long time that we will have snow on the ground for the firearms opener on the 15th in a long time. The lake looked to be pretty much skimmed over yesterday.

When the wife came home she told me a friends garage door was open. I got dressed and went down as they were not around. The idiots that  had dropped off shingles to repair the roof that was damaged in one of the wind storms. They had left  the garage door open. I found the button inside and was able to close the door by reaching inside with out triggering the beam safety beam.

The wife brought home two 20 lb. turkeys to roast for the dinner the  local VFW is putting on for the Veterans from the Grand Rapids Home For Veterans on Sunday. There are 12 turkeys that are being roasted for the dinner.

marv Can you put in a small food plot where you are hunting. I would probably help getting the deer in range. my food plots are the reason that I have so many deer around this years as there is not much around for them to feed on. There were few acorns this year. There is a segment on www.michignaoutofdoors tv.com this week that will make you envious seeing the 8 points the guy let walk as he is hunting one specific buck.  I forgot to put the cable up when I left my property the other day. When my son went to put it up there were big deer tracks going through the two track. Hopefully it was the 8 point buck that watched me open it.

IF-45 Hopefully your doc can finally get some thing to work to end your head aches. I just had my doc double the med I use for my Myoclonus as it has gotten out of control. Jumping and screaming is getting old.

IW I miss the refrigerator that I had in my garage. I was able to freeze stuff in it before putting it in the chest freezer. A lot of newer refrigerators will not work in a cold garage any more. There is one of the old refrigerators with the little freezer at my sons that is from the 50's or older that still works great. He uses it to store his venison in until he gets time to cut it up

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17528 on: Nov 09, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Good morning again :bow:

TT I could have plots if I wanted. A neighbor next door used to have 5-6 plots with various things planted. He said his biggest problem was that the deer cleaned them up before the rut kicked in. I think rape was one of his favorites.

So the wife and I were sitting upstairs having breakfast. Today is the first day of the Minnesota deer season. She said "look at that"
this buck came from the woodline and made his way across our yard. He hung around for about 10 minutes Lol

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17529 on: Nov 09, 2019, 09:28 AM »
WS.....gotta love it  :roflmao:

like this guy still hanging around behind the house  :whistle:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17530 on: Nov 09, 2019, 09:38 AM »
marv All I plant any more is rye. With the P-mire sand I have nothing else seems to grow as well if at all. I have had the deer eat a thick plot of rye down to almost like a putting green. The keep coming back as it still continues to grow. It will germinate just laying on top of lightly worked up soil. It can be planted later than other things so it can be there when the rut kicks in.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17531 on: Nov 09, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Got your flasher battery charged ?
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17532 on: Nov 09, 2019, 10:46 AM »
Good day a little warmer then yesterday headed to the mid forties. Police have made an arrest in the double shooting that happened near my complex back in September. A 47 year old man from the city of Newburgh charged with second degree murder and attempted second degree murder currently in the county jail with no bail set will be back in court on Nov.14TH.
Icefisher-45 may you get the new medication figured out and it help with the headaches. Do you plan to put plates on the Jeep tomorrow.
Ice Wanderer will you replace the basement refig. . Think you still have time to sort through your ice fishing gear maybe some small lakes will be ready soon  but Lake George and other large lakes in your area will take some time to cap over and the ice thicken to point you feel safe going onto it.
Wallyworld may your shrubs and bushes survive the colder weather and rabbits. I hope Mr.WW get the blower on your tractor before it is needed.
Capt.Jim may you find some time to relax in the coming week.
Whopper Stopper seems it is always that way when your out hunting you see no or little deer and they are at a distance come home and a nice buck visits your yard. All the best with remaining tree jobs and installing snow blower on the SIL's tractor. Much of today's music is written to appeal to multiple audiences and get air time on different style music stations  makes me wonder how artists like Hank Williams Sr. and Patst Cline would do in today's country music scene.
Tom Turkey glad everything was fine at the neighbors. Your with should be commended for all the work she does for the local veterans.
IFF thank you for the reminder on flasher batteries. Hope all is fine out your way.
Eddie hope you have no computer problems and are out with your sons pursuing the white tails.

A safe and good Saturday to everyone.  Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17533 on: Nov 10, 2019, 05:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy 25* this am, mid 40’s for a high today. Yesterday was a bit cooler...16* and topped out in the low 30’s.

Steve..that’s good news on the arrest!  :clap:  Did get out with the bow yesterday for a stand...first time for me this season, sure fealt good getting back into the woods again. It was cold, but figured that would help some with the deer movement and keeping the ticks at bay somewhat. Saw 4 total, but nothing came in close...maybe this afternoon.  :thumbsup:
  I-45...as mentioned, hope you can get a handle on those new meds.  :thumbsup:  When will you be going in for the spinal tap?  Angelo has been doing very good and is on my crew working with the pavers. Believe that block work we have scheduled may start sometime this week coming or the following....he’s anxious to get his hands on them.   ;D
  Jeff...did you do some shopping for a new fridge?  Saw a few small ponds capped over here yesterday...that got the heart pumping pretty good!   :clap: :icefish:
  Marv...was weened on that old country music also, that’s all my Dad ever listened to...good stuff!  Glad the tree job went well, won’t be long until the lakes are ready there...sure some are already. Do you plan on using your old spear shack this season or the pop up hub?  Great picture of the buck...think that’s a sign to get back to the shack for the big one!   :whistle:
  Wally...the temptation to go after that buck must be high for Mr.WW!! Thanks for sharing!   :clap:  Should be a better day for the outside work today, looking like more snow coming tomorrow.
  Tom...hoping to see a few inches still on the ground for our opener here next Saturday as well. That was great of your wife to help with the turkey dinner for the Vets...have a wonderful dinner with them today!   :clap: :bow:
  Capt.J...it’s a vicious cycle with the work sometimes....too much and not enough, right? Hope you can get a grasp on it and get some much needed rest soon...best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  H2...any luck yesterday afternoon? Good luck today if you’re heading out and on the lanes this evening!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...the batteries are ready...just need some more below freezing temps to hang around!   :thumbsup:

Did a solo hunt yesterday, my sons were both working out of town on another emergency bridge job down Steve’s way in Port Jervis NY.  The ground was so frigid, it sounded like walking on potato chips...could here the deer coming for quite a distance. I had a good feeling I’d see something after things settled down walking in, and right around 7am heard the footsteps of two coming. Nice doe and her baby slowly making their way about 60yds. away.
  It stayed quiet until just before I was ready to break stand at 11, one more doe came through on the same trail. Hung around another half hour to see if anything was trailing her, nothing following. Went back about 2:30 and spooked one on my way in...that was it for the afternoon.  Maybe this afternoon will be better...a nice medium Doe is all I’m looking for although a handsome buck would work!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17534 on: Nov 10, 2019, 05:12 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 25* and clear here on my hill with a high of 40* and snow coming in tomorrow into Tuesday 3 to 6 inches expected. ::)
                        I-45............Our transfer station doesn't charge for refrigerators or any appliance, it goes into the metal bin. We pay for garbage bags,
               a $1 for kitchen size bags. They sell stickers to put on the bags. Then they charge for things like couches, chairs and other non recycle stuff. :whistle:
                        Steve..........Glad to hear the caught the guy in the double shooting. :thumbsup:  I want to replace my refrigerator but I'm toying with the idea
                of finding a used one. But my wife thinks if I buy a used one it won't last. She thinks I should buy a dorm room size but they don't hold enough. When
                we have a get together with family and friends we go through a lot of drinks. A full size one comes in handy to put large bowls of salads in. ???
                        Marv............Isn't the way, you spend all that time in the woods and you don't see a shooter and one shows up in your yard.  :whistle:
                        Bud.............I kept my batteries on maintenance a charger all summer. :flex: But I'm looking to get a new flasher. ???
                        Eddie...........I hope you had time this weekend to get out in the woods? ??? I see ypu posted while I was typing, I'm glad you got out! :clap: :clap:
                        I am going to try and get out in the woods around my house for a couple of hours today.
                        I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17535 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:24 AM »
Morning all,

First winter weather warning out   :pinch:  Weatherman says 5-9" in this area starting tomorrow afternoon thru Tuesday morning  :blink:  Definitely too early for all that  :nono:  MrWW came home last night so today will be spent getting everything "winter storm" ready before he heads back to camp  ;)

Good luck to everyone sitting in the woods today, hope the "big one" walks into the crosshairs  ;)2

Another late night visit  ;D

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17536 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone

27 and white out. Yesterday afternoon we went from rain to snow, it lasted up until about 8pm

Dang Eddie I thought you were going to score as I read your post. Good luck if you get back out today. So far I have been too busy to think about the shack. I will see how the coming week goes and what the weather does. For starters this spear season I will try the hub and go from there. Once the ice is established I will probably patch the old tar paper shack up.

IW good luck to you if you make it to the woods today :thumbsup:

I am short on time right now. I have a hair pruning in a half hour so have to get going.

WW you wish the Mr. Good luck for me on stand :thumbsup:

h2l I hope you start seeing some critters. You are right about it being tough to sit when the woods seems empty.

Best of luck to everyone else today that is out in the woods either hunting or scouting, stand building, or baking :thumbsup:

WW, just read the Mr. is home. Time for some roses and a chair in the back yard ;D

Stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17537 on: Nov 10, 2019, 08:16 AM »
Good morning light wind with a few clouds in the sky weather guessers saying it will get into the forties for today's high then like others in NY. I will see some snow Monday into Tuesday. So far only predicting a couple of inches.
Eddie good to hear you got out for some deer hunting best to you if you get out this afternoon. If your sons end up having to spend some time/stay in the Port Jervis,NY. area this week send me a message I still have list of restaurants that I sent to Capt.Jim-NJ. back when he and his wife where going to make a fall Leaf viewing trip.
Ice Wanderer nice that you did have have to pay a disposal fee on the fridge maybe an appliance store near you has a discounted model because of slight damage like a bad dent . If your planning to shoot during your time in the woods remember not to mount riffle on recovering shoulder..
Wallyworld good your husband is back home and the two of you can get the tractor ready for the coming snow. Be careful if you have to remove the winch so the plow can be mounted on the tractor.
Whopper Stopper guess you got the snow blower mounted on SIL's tractor just in time. Hope the snow does not set you back on this week's tree jobs.
Hunts2long best to you if visiting the woods today. Good luck to your team and you with the bowling tonight. The Monroe-Woodbury girls soccer team has advanced to semifinal round of state tournament play in Class AA. Best to the Northville,NY. girls if they are still in the tournament.
Icefisher-45 may you be feeling good today and get to Mass plus do whatever else you have planed.
Capt. Jim hope you can get some rest today.

Have a good Sunday. safe and good trips to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17538 on: Nov 10, 2019, 09:09 AM »
Good Morning. 22* this morning.
Eddie, well you are seeing some deer. That is more than what I am doing. Yesterday morning it was 11* up where I hunt. Went out again in the PM. Sat 3 hours this morning. Heard 2 shots about 7:30 but they were a quite far away. My nephew got the tree moved out of the trail. Still not seeing any wild life at all, which I find very strange.

WS, don't you love when the deer are in your yard?

WW, way too early for this cold and snow. Same as last year. Snow, then it warmed up, got cold again and made it tough going for an old hunter.

The wife and Lindsay have gone to Albany today. Going to a movie and Trader Joe's.

Hope you have a good day and Good Luck to those in the woods.

There is a skim of ice on the lake out front....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17539 on: Nov 10, 2019, 10:44 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Thank you to all the Veterans out there and to the ones who didn’t make it home.

Hunts2long, Hope you managed to get out in the woods today. It is strange there is no wildlife out. We haven’t seen any birds around the house.

WallyWorld, Hope it doesn’t take to long to get everything in winter mode. Beautiful Late night visitor.

Ice Wanderer, How was your time in the woods today? Did you get a shot off? The transfer station here in Mass charges to take  a fridge or metal.

Whopper Stopper, Did you get your s-I-l snow blower on the tractor? Hopefully the snow isn’t to bad and you can get your jobs done.

Tom Turkey, That is very nice of your wife to help out with the Veterans dinner. Hopefully you get out in the woods.

MasonEddie, Hope you have a long weekend and we’re able to get out in the woods.

I hope everyone had a great day and a good evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17540 on: Nov 11, 2019, 04:51 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          Happy Veterans Day!

https://www.facebook.com/cliff.lyle/videos/3034273169922958/ 

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17541 on: Nov 11, 2019, 04:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm 37* this am, that will be the high here as well today.

:bow: Happy Veterans Day!  :bow:   
   Wishing a very Happy Veterans Day to all of our Vets here on the site, their family members and friends who have served, past and present...Thank You all for your service!   :bow: :clap:  :thumbsup:
    Forgot to mention it yesterday, Happy 244th Birthday to the USMC...Semper Fidelis!   :bow:

I-45... hope those headaches have let up.   :thumbsup:   We’ve got the day off today, not much on the planner yet.
  H2...better luck this am if heading out, hope the team did well on the lanes last evening.  :thumbsup:  My afternoon hunt was a bust, only thing moving near my stand was a couple red squirrel’s.
  Steve... thanks for offering the restaurants, will pass that along in my next message.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope that Eskimo hub will do the trick for you, will be looking forward to your spearing trips again!   :clap:
  Wally...hope you get less snow than predicted! They downgraded my area from 3-6” to 2-4” now. Best of luck to Mr.WW with the hunting today.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...will be looking forward to your report this am, hope you had a chance to get out in the woods!  :thumbsup:  Looks like your area is going to see the most snow today/tomorrow....be careful with the cleanup! 

Nice afternoon weather wise on stand, but aside from a couple red squirrels chasing each other, not a deer to be seen. No hunting this am, a few things to get put away before the snow comes and then off to the shooting range to see if the scopes are still on.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Morning Jeff,
  Thank You for sharing ...that was a very powerful speech!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17542 on: Nov 11, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Ready for the roller coaster ride ?  Welcome to the Artic express.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17543 on: Nov 11, 2019, 06:30 AM »
Happy Veterans Day. Happy Birthday to the Marines, a day late, but I thought of you yesterday. Nov. 10th 1961, I was the only sailor in an all Marine barracks in Pensacola, Florida.

37* and calm this morning. It seems we have a lone goose hanging around. I don't think it can fly. Wife wants to call DEC but I don't think they would do anything.

Now it is raining. Won't be getting into the woods today and Tuesday doesn't look very good in the morning.

IW, be careful if you are getting out into the woods and good luck.

We bowled well last night. Took all 4 points to remain 2 up on the 2nd place team.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17544 on: Nov 11, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Thank you to all the men and woman who keep us safe every day. Not sure what the weather is going to be today. It’s cloudy. My wife is working today.

IFF, How much snow do you have? Are you working today?

Mason Eddie, Hope your able to get your scopes sighted in today. Headaches haven’t let up at all.

Ice Wanderer, Very powerful message. Thank you for sharing.

I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17545 on: Nov 11, 2019, 07:42 AM »
Good morning in the upper thirties currently heading to the mid fifties for the days high later today rain arrives which will change to a Wintry mix and then snow before sometime during the morning hours on Tuesday. Not sure how much snow I will receive possibly one inch. Happy Veterans Day to Ice Wanderer,Hunts2long and all the other veterans here on I.S. thank you for your services and sacrifices for our country.
Eddie once you hear from your sons contact me if needed. May the firearm/firearms you are sighting in need little adjustment.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the video link very moving story. How did things go in the woods yesterday. May you not have to deal with to much snow.
Icefisher-45 sorry the headaches have not stopped . Do you have the plates on the Jeep.
Hunts2long good to read your nephew cleared the downed pine from around your blind may you see more animal activity next time you get out in the woods. Hope your wife and daughter had a good time in Albany. Congratulations on a good night of bowling. I see the Northville girls beat a team from my area to advance in state tournament play.
IFF how cold do the weather guessers say your area will get may you not receive much snow along with the colder temperatures.
Wallyworld hope the snow blower or plow is on your tractor and ready for service.
Tom Turkey how was the veterans dinner .I'm sure your wife's and others efforts to provide the dinner were appreciated by the veterans.
Whopper Stopper are you finished with snow removal/clean up . A safe day with the chain saw if you are working on one of your tree jobs today.

Have a safe and Good day. Best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17546 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Veteran's Day IW, H2L, CapJ and all the other Vets on IS, thank you for your service and sacrifice  :bow: :bow:

Eddie.....enjoy your extra day off, good luck next trip into the woods  ;)

IFF......seems winter's hitting us all early this year  :blink:

IF45.....sorry to hear the headaches are still hanging on  :(

H2L.....nice job by the team  :thumbsup:  I've noticed lately there are VERY few birds around my feeders, strange  :unsure:

IW.....thank you for the video, enjoy your day sir  :)

WS.....no roses here, just getting the snowblower on the tractor before heading back to camp  :whistle:

CapJ.....hope you were able to catch your breath over the weekend  ;)

MrC.....glad to hear the police caught up to the shooter  :callcops: :thumbsup:

Forecast has been revised for my area now they say 6 - 10" by tomorrow morning  :wacko:  We got the winch off, snowblower attached and tractor moved to the garage yesterday. The bike and mowers also got put to bed yesterday so guess we're as ready for winter as possible now  :thumbsup: MrWW is headed back to camp this morning before the storm hits. Probably won't see him now till after the weekend's gun opener  :-\

Made a batch of

for a veteran friend to say thank you  :)  Wish I could deliver a plateful to all our vets  :bow: :bow:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17547 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Good Morning Wallyworld great looking plate of cookies I'm sure your friend will enjoy them. Glad you have the snowblower mounted on the tractor. Mr.WW is a lucky man many wife's would give their husbands   :%$#!: for even thinking of leaving them to deal with snow clean up while they are off at hunting camp. may any snow received by towards the low end of perdiction.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17548 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:46 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Happy Veterans day to all the Vets on the Shanty :bow:

14 degrees heading to a high of 18. Tonight it dips to 4 ???

Eddie hope the guns are shooting straight :thumbsup: Enjoy your extra day off Sir :thumbsup:

WW wow it sounds like things will be getting white fast :%$#!: Glad to see you are prepared. Yum on the cookies :clap:

h2l Congrats on your bowling :clap:

45 sorry to read the headaches are still plaguing you.

All we had was a dusting of snow, most of the yard is back to grass. Other than colder temps they aren't preaching any bigger snow events. Hopefully the ice will keep growing and some of the lakes around home start capping over.

The snowblowers are ready, the wood pile is covered, I am starting to get the itch for a couple of days in the tree stand. I guess time will tell but once the cold passes later in the week I may have to get a little more stand therapy.

I haven't talked about it but my Visa card was credited from my down payment on the fish house that I wanted to buy. The guy that I was dealing with has taken to some threats regarding the matter. Visa told me from the start to stop any communication with the guy as they will handle it, which I intend to do as told. The guy basically has 60 days to respond to them. I am not sure what happens if he disagrees with my cancelling, Visa said if he breached the agreement there isn't much he can say. The good thing is starting from last February until now, 99% of our exchanges has either been done on messenger or texts. So if I need proof of everything that transpired I have some good reading.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17549 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Fisher -45 yup I was the only cashier on the schedule today.  they don't know it yet but taking next two days off, came down with some sniffles, Mrs has eye exam tomorrow so will take her over for that as she has a real problem when they dilate hers.

warmed up to think it was 24 today, with about a 3 inch dusting.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.