Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607866 times)

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15660 on: May 04, 2019, 08:14 AM »
OG.....That’s a mighty big walleye  :o sure would love to reel one like that in someday  ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15661 on: May 04, 2019, 04:06 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

We just got back a bit ago from our run to the shack, everything seemed in order which is always good. The county we are in over there is one of the worst in WI for meth and meth labs. It always makes you wonder when you go driving in as to what you may find.

I filled my trailer up and put a good jag on my pickup which in the end was just the right amount to bring the wood shed to bulging with three full cords. There were a couple rows of wood that we had to move from the back to the front, before we could start stacking.

All in all it was a good trip, and one more thing to get off my list.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15662 on: May 04, 2019, 07:34 PM »
Good evening ,after a gloomy start turned out to be a nice day with high near seventy. This weekend is conference championships for college lacrosse some conferences winners receive automatic bid to playoff tournament. I watched the Mid Atlantic Athletic conference championship this morning on ESPNU  .The game was between Marist(Poughkeepsie,NY. and Quinnipiac (Hampden,CT.) Marist held on to win 15 to 14. I placed an order with Duluth Trading last Saturday and had it shipped to their nearest store in Ramsey,NJ. so after the game finished took road trip to Paramus,NJ. and visited cemetery where my parents and grandparents are buried then stopped at Duluth Trading store on my way home. Nice to see the sun,rain forecast for tomorrow.
Icefisher-45 steep-narrow stairs get to be a pain think you made the right apartment choice all the best with your move to new home.
Ice Wanderer looked up Dunham's Bay resort nice looking place. May the new pressure washer do a good job on your deck. In agreement with others take it easy no need to end up in pain or with new injury.
Wallyworld glad other then dealing with rain and mud camper setup was smooth operation. Nice photo of the turkeys your names for them remind me of my younger days.
Eddie may there be no infection in your computer. I'm sure this wet Spring has delayed a lot of outside construction jobs. No need to mess up your lawn trying to cut it well ground is wet and soft. Hope your sons got permission to fish with you this afternoon and you caught some fish.
Raquettedacker happy for your surgery went well and your sleeping comfortably. Take it easy while fishing.
Hunts2long you think they would have canceled or rescheduled the contest given conditions at GSL. May you be able to get after the walleye and trout in coming weeks.
Old Goat that is one impressive walleye trophy for whomever catches the fish.
Whopper Stopper Happy for you everything was fine at the "Shack". Looks like you had a busy day stacking wood in the shed.

A safe and good night to all. Best to those fishing or hunting.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15663 on: May 04, 2019, 08:14 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, It was a weird day weather wise. Drizzly and sunny in the 60s. Bandage fell off today. Scar doesn’t look to bad. Derby was incredible. Wonder if both horses will have a rematch in the Preakness.

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15664 on: May 05, 2019, 04:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another wet start to the day here, 50* and light rain falling, high of 54 today. 

I-45...I missed the Derby but watched the replay of the race. Believe they said that was the first time in the Derby’s history a winning horse was disqualified. Big payday for those having Country House on top @ 65-1 !!   :bow:
  Steve...too much going on with the boys yesterday, neither one could break free for fishing in the afternoon unfortunately. Understandable, they’ve been working 60hr weeks repairing our roads here, limited time to get things done around their own homes. Glad you had safe travels to the Paramus area, best of luck to Marist moving on!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad to read you found everything safe and sound at the shack, good deal. Amazing about all the meth labs, scarey stuff for sure. Excellent job on the wood Sir, thanks for sharing the pictures!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  OG...what an impressive walleye, wow!   :clap: How far is that lake from you?
  H2...will be looking forward to your report this am, wondering how the tournament went yesterday.

Spent most of the day yesterday outside getting as much done around the house as I could before the rains came back, lol. Planted the wax and green beans in the garden. Read an article later on that claimed transplanting beans is not recommended, apparently they don’t do well...guess we’ll see how that goes! Another Mason blunder?  ;D
  Few errands to run this am and then scratching the itch rain or shine with the trout stream....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15665 on: May 05, 2019, 04:57 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 47* with pink skies to the east. you know the saying! ::)
                       Eddie........ I've read the same thing on beans, they grow pretty fast so you don't need to start them early. :whistle: I hope you get the stream tome in!
               :thumbsup:
                       Marv.........Good job on filling the woodshed. :flex: Glad the trip went well. :clap:
                       H2l...........Were the fishermen able to get out and find any fish with the high water. ???
                       I-45 .........We had company and I didn't see the race, I'll have to get it on the sports news! :o
                       My pressure washing went well but tired just using one arm so I didn't get it all done, weather permitting, I'll try today.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or fishing in you favorite stream or lake

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15666 on: May 05, 2019, 06:11 AM »
Morning all,

WS......great job on the wood pile  :flex:  hope the back held up ok  ;)

IW.....deck is looking good  :thumbsup:  smart move not pushing yourself to finish up in one day  ;)2

Eddie.....hope the beans survive the "move"  :-\  good luck at the stream  :)

H2L.....see many boats out yesterday  ???

Went to camp and got the grass mowed  :flex: :thumbsup:  only use a push mower so no worries about the soggy ground there  ;)  checked out the launch at Oneida, couldn't park another vehicle there  ::)   guess everyone was excited for opening day  :woot:

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15667 on: May 05, 2019, 06:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Cloudy here so far. Supposed to be a very rainy day. Wonder if the sun will ever come out. My wife is working the next few days so stuck at home.

Mason Eddie, Good luck today in the stream.

Ice Wanderer, Hope your able to get the rest of your deck power washed. Take your time.

WallyWorld, Hope you get out on the water today.

I hope everyone has a great day and manages to stay dry. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15668 on: May 05, 2019, 07:51 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

46 heading into the 50's a little later. Looks like the rain that was going to cause an indoor Sunday missed us and went North. Yesterday they were preaching a week of wet, now the chances are 20-30% each day ???

Eddie good luck if you make it to the stream :thumbsup: Thanks for the "Mason Garden " update. :thumbsup:

IW the deck looks good :thumbsup: Nothing wrong with doing it in two steps :thumbsup:

WW glad you were able to get the grass mowed at hunting camp :thumbsup: My back is A-Okay after yesterday. Now if I could get the poison ivy under control I would be happy. I bought some Ivarest which a buddy said was excellent, but so far not sure. It seems it loves to itch from 11pm-2am :%$#!:

Not much going on today, just hanging out.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15669 on: May 05, 2019, 08:01 AM »
Good Morning everyone. 53*
IW, deck looks good.
Only saw one boat out on the lake yesterday and not sure where they launched. My daughter and her BF came up and launched his small boat at the swimming beach. She caught one SMB. She did talk to 3 guys that had 3 walleyes and some trout. They were headed for the weight in and had heard that no fish had been entered yet. The GSLFF hasn't posted the results as of this morning. I am sure there were guys fishing the other end of the lake.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15670 on: May 05, 2019, 09:43 PM »
WW Spring ?  What's that  ::) More Spring snow due Wednesday/Thursday
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15671 on: May 05, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Good night another rainy day have not looked at forecast for the week hopefully some dry sunny days.
Icefisher-45 good to hear your surgery scar is not bad .
Eddie if the roads your son's are working on are like some in my area understand the sixty hour weeks. Seems like more potholes then usual this year. May the transplanted beans grow and you get to enjoy some with the grandchildren. Hope you  caught some fish today.
Ice Wanderer the new pressure washer goes a good job looking at photo. Being able to use only one arm had to be a challenge.
Wallyworld good you have a push mower to cut lawn at camp and not damage it with all this wet weather. Guessing lots of fishermen were anxious to get out for the walleye season opener.
Whooper Stopper your exercise program appears to be helping your back glad your in no pain after the wood stacking. May you find some relief from the poison ivy.
Hunts2long surprised  the contest was held given lake conditions the number of entrants had to be low.
Tom Turkey hope all is good with you and the family.
IFF you sure have big weather swings in your area.

Stay safe and may we all see some drier weather.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15672 on: May 06, 2019, 02:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  It stopped raining!!  :clap:  50* and cloudy on the Hill this am, high of 67 today with some sunshine possible!  :bow:

Steve...my sons are actually renovating the same areas of 787 near my workplace that I worked on back in 1987-88 oddly enough. Agreed, the roads and bridges are in terrible shape all over. Despite the never ending rain yesterday, lol, I did catch a few small stocked trout! Nothing big or worthy of a picture, but the itch got scratched!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...that Mile High weather is still as crazy as it ever was, yikes! Hope it doesn’t add up to more than just being a nuisance.   :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats to your daughter and her boyfriend getting out and catching anyway! Will be interesting to hear the results and how many entered.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the Ivarest is working and that poison ivy is under control now, nasty stuff! Glad to read no back problems after stocking all that wood, excellent!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...glad you got some mowing done, thinking I’ll have to follow you with a push mower here soon. Good luck today if you’re heading out fishing!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...the deck looks great, imagine that had to be difficult pressure washing one handed...you da man!   :bow:

Figures it’s finally going to be a good day now that it’s time to go back to work...and we’ll be inside, lol. Oh well, better weather is sure to come one of these days...right?   ;D
  Time to get ready for another 40....Cawfee’s on!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15673 on: May 06, 2019, 03:52 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Rumor has it that the sun is coming out today. I hope everyone has a great day at work and at play.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15674 on: May 06, 2019, 04:43 AM »

Good morning Eddie, I-45, ER's.
                             It's 50^and cloudy here on my hill. Remember yesterday I wrote that there was pink skies, well it turned out that the sun
                    came out and it was a sunny day till about 3 pm.  ::)
                            Eddie.........I'm glads that you were able to land a couple, remember size doesn't matter. :woot:
                            Marv..........Poison Ivy is something that seems to elude me, either that or I'm just lucky. :o
                            H2L...........At least you saw one boat out plus your daughter's and her boyfriend's. :whistle:
                            Wally.........It doesn't matter how you got the grass mowed, it's done good job. :thumbsup: :flex
                            Dom..........How did you make out fishing, I hope you weren't in a lot of pain. :flex:
                            Not much going on today, PT this afternoon. I got the upper part of the deck finished now I have the out side rail to go.
                    I'm not sure when I'll get to that.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15675 on: May 06, 2019, 05:14 AM »

50 degrees with a high of 58 a little later. It appears a couple of dry days with rain moving in mid week.

This poison ivy is crap period. I think it was well after 2am before I finally fell asleep. The Ivarest cream is junk and I am going to pick up the spray today and see if that is better. I took a couple benadryl before bed and they had no effect on the itch either.

Eddie hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

IW This is the first time I have ever had it. I do know that once you get it you are sensitized to it and next time I will be more prone. The s-i-l has had a few rounds with it and she gets it bad. Good luck at PT this afternoon :thumbsup:

WW hope the week finds you two chasing the Browns :thumbsup:

This morning I am having my wife drop me off at the 4 mile mark so I can get back into the walking habit. I will do my stretches when I return.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15676 on: May 06, 2019, 06:13 AM »
51* and just had a passing shower.
Eddie, good that you were able to get out and find some fish. I did find out that the water temp out in the lake was 51 on Sat. Still no results posted for the contest. I did see that they are planning a Bass only contest in July.
Got some more raking done yesterday. Wife has a Drs. appt later this morning in Albany and on Wed she is have cateract surgery on left eye. That is being done in Gloversville. Things are starting to green up around here but half mile up the road I can still see some ice along West Stoney.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15677 on: May 06, 2019, 06:33 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.......congrats on the catch  :clap: 

H2L.....best wishes to MrsH2 on the surgery  ;)

WS.....the only thing that helps when I get poison ivy is a trip to urgent care & a steroid script  :wacko:  never had an issue with it till about 15 years ago, now seems if I even think about it I break out  :pinch:

IW......good luck at pt  :flex:

IFF.....snow  :o :o

MrC....right about now I'm wishing my lawn at home was MUCH smaller so a push mower would be the answer, hard to imagine mowing a few acres w/o a rider tho  :-\  might have to do just a small area around the house for now  ::)

Yesterday was supposed to be a dry day......yep till about 2 pm  >:(  then it rained pretty much the rest of the day/night  :%$#!:  we'll see what today brings  :unsure:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15678 on: May 07, 2019, 01:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 49* this am, high of 66 today with rain coming in again late morning....Doh! Sure was a beautiful day here yesterday, the sunshine fealt wonderful after the last 10 days or so of rain.

Early start with the hammer crew again this morning. Believe this will be our last leg on the terrazzo as we are just about out of all the materials... and expecting more wet weather for a few days.
  Cawfee’s on....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15679 on: May 07, 2019, 05:38 AM »

It's 51* and partly cloudy here on my hill, rain is coming. ::)
                            Eddie...........I hope for sure that this is the last of the terrazzo for you guys, it's got be boring at this time of year. :whistle:
                            Wally........... If you wait to long on cutting the grass, you'll have to use a weed wacker to cut it. :blink:
                            H2L.............I bet the ice is the same that I saw when I drove over your way a couple of weeks ago. ??? Good luck to your
                    wife on her surgery.
                            Marv............I had a friend that used Clorox on his poison ivy, it stung but worked.
                            PT went well, the therapist added the wheel and stretched be farther than before.
                            Today is little Carson day, I hope the rain holds off so we can do something outside.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15680 on: May 07, 2019, 06:21 AM »
Morning all,

IW......enjoy the day with Carson, hope the rain holds off  ;)

WS.....hope you were able to get some sleep last night  :-\

Eddie.....hope you get moved outside sooner rather than later  :whistle:

H2L.....went thru the tug hill region last week & saw a few patches of snow still on the ground   :wacko:

Decided it was time to just "go for it" and busted out the mowers yesterday afternoon  :flex:  Managed to get thru MOST areas, only had to be winched out of one spot  :pinch:  usually takes about 2 hours with both of us working on it......took about 5 hours yesterday  ::)   4 different areas still too saturated to even get with the push mower  :(  fingers crossed the constant rains are over now  :unsure:  the amount of blackflies hiding in the grass was amazing  :o :o  hopefully they will move along now  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15681 on: May 07, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 50* here this morning with the sun shining. Yesterday we had a good day. My wife was home and we reserved a truck for the move. Now all we have to do is find helpers. We took the dachshund to a local pond where he lives to walk around. I managed to get around the pond with many stops. Leg and back were screaming at me but I got around.

WallyWorld, Sounds like you need a 4 wheel drive mower. Good you got the lawn mowed. Going to be a heavy tick season.

Ice Wanderer, Glad the pt is working and hope the rain holds off so you can get out with Carson.

Hunts2long, Prayers for your wife’s surgery 🙏🙏.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15682 on: May 07, 2019, 07:43 AM »

40 degrees with rain moving in tomorrow, today we may be able to squeak out a 60 with sun.

45 Glad to read you stuck with the walk and made it around the pond, hope the next time is easier :thumbsup:

WW glad to were able to mow the hay field ;D It sounds like it took some doing :%$#!: Ihad a much better night Thanks! The Ivarest spray was the ticket.

IW enjoy "Little Carson Day". Do you two have nap time?

Eddie hope the terrazzo time is about over for you :thumbsup: Have a good day Sir!

I got my walk and stretches in this morning. I am meeting a lady at 9am that has a few pallets to sell. I need 4 of them so I can start working on my wood making in between time. The ones I have are in pretty tough shape.

2 weeks ago I got my ditch fixed up with a couple yards of red cedar mulch and all the stuff put out like last year. The portion of the ditch isn't ours as it's technically in the road right of way, but due to how steep it is I can't mow it and it always looked terrible. I found out yesterday that the city approved a reclamation of pavement plan that will include our street later this summer. It will affect 2 cedars that I planted a couple of years ago and of course my ditch work. I wish I had known that was in the works I could have saved a few $ and a half a day of work :%$#!:

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15683 on: May 07, 2019, 05:35 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to all those involved in the Colorado school shooting  :'( when will it end  :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15684 on: May 07, 2019, 07:17 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to all those involved in the Colorado school shooting  :'( when will it end  :'(

X2

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15685 on: May 07, 2019, 08:24 PM »

X3
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15686 on: May 08, 2019, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
    45* to start the day off, high of 62 today.

Wally...X4, thoughts and prayers sent to all involved. For the life of me, I can’t figure these things out, so sad.
  Marv...isn’t it the way? You get something like that eyesore finally looking good and the town comes up with a new plan.  :cookoo:  Sorry for your lost time, effort and $ spent making it nice...that sucks.
  I-45...X2 on Marvs reply, glad to read you got out for a walk!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you and Little Carson had a great day together.  :thumbsup:

Well, it’s official....that last section of terrazzo we ripped out will be the last for this season!   :clap:   We hammered out the last area and then went out on the marble with the whole crew and took out the first 100 pieces. Apparently the budget $ has been dispersed.   :thumbsup:
  Running behind, but wanted to mention my son Mike got his Tom after putting in a 12hr. shift yesterday....sent me a text slightly after 6am yesterday. 9’’ beard with 7/8’’ spurs.  He was stoked.... :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15687 on: May 08, 2019, 04:25 AM »

It's 41* and clear here on my hill, a sunny day is ahead but cool only 57* expected. ::)
                                  Wally.........I'm with you on what the heck is going on that these shootings occur in schools, ??? prayers go out to all effected. That's a lot
                      of time spent on the mowing. :whistle:
                                  Eddie........Congratul ations to Mike for getting a nice bird. :clap: That's great news that the terrazzo is finally a thing of the past, well until
                      next year. ???
                                  Marv.........How is the pallet hunt going, here there is a lumber yard that puts pallets out for free, the non returnable ones. Also I've gotten
                      some from the grocery store for free. :flex: How's the poison ivy? ???
                                  I-45..........I hope you're able to find some help moving. :blink:
                                  H2L...........Any word on the fishing results? ???
                                  Bud...........Did you get snow? ???
                                  PT is on my schedule today.
                                  I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out fishing.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15688 on: May 08, 2019, 04:33 AM »
Morning all,

Going to change it up today and go in search of some post spawn walleyes  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup:  cool start at only 36*  heading for 60* & sunny  @)

Had my first hummingbird arrive this morning....spring MUST be here now  ;)

Have a good day at ork or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15689 on: May 08, 2019, 05:40 AM »

41* and as you can see light fog.

There are a lot of nuts in the world these days. Thoughts are with those.

Eddie, congrats to your son.

WS, I did see some results from the contest on Sat. Walleye 24 inches, pike 45" and trout 16". It didn't report how many people fished it.

Have to be at the hospital at 9am for the wife's eye surgery. My brother's wife had one eye done yesterday and is doing fine. Wife also found out yesterday she can stop the IV she is taking everyday and when the nurse comes on Thursday she can remove the PICC line.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.