Author Topic: Kill or release?  (Read 7075 times)

Offline snowmandan76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Kill or release?
« Reply #60 on: Feb 24, 2010, 01:36 PM »
eat the good ones toss the dinks back for next time

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Feb 24, 2010, 11:29 PM »

LOL...becareful...not all of us bumkins are as ignint as you may think.  Some of us don't state that we have degrees in ENV Science, yet some do :)  You can pick us out from the big words we use like ecosystem.  When we are really feeling smart we will even throw in a few like ichthyologist ;D
I hear ya and agree with ya.  I can definately tell the difference in the bumpkins and the ecologists.  I got my BS in Forestry in 1994 from Umass Amherst......had to take a few courses in wildlife biology and also icthyology.  However, I'll still leave the biology to the biologists that are actually on the government payroll and have access to the real data.   ;)
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Offline TrekJeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 25, 2010, 11:46 AM »
LOL, well said..lol
"For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

Offline perchslayer716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 26, 2010, 08:57 AM »
they do mess up small bodies of waters ecosystems in that they eat everything in sight but if they are already in where you are fishing your not gonna stop them by killing a few (and they taste good)

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 26, 2010, 09:40 AM »
kill to eat, if you ain't goin' to eat let em' go

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Offline Commando

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 26, 2010, 01:20 PM »

LOL...becareful...not all of us bumkins are as ignint as you may think.  Some of us don't state that we have degrees in ENV Science, yet some do :)  You can pick us out from the big words we use like ecosystem.  When we are really feeling smart we will even throw in a few like ichthyologist ;D

What can I say, sometimes you need to back up your opinion with some crudentials.  I apologize if I am coming across as arogant (not my intention at all).  I chose the field I'm in because I love the land and resources God gave us, and I'm proud to say my job is to protect it and find ways to clean up what's already been impacted.  This discussion is surely not the case, but I have grown tired many times of listening to people regurgitate old wives tales about ecology.  Sometimes it's a just insulting to me and my collegues when a guy fishes three days a week and thinks he knows better than the professionals.  That being said; i still fish, trap, and hunt with some people that never got past highschool and alot of their knowledge is invaluble to me as scientist and sportsman because they spend most of their life living off the land.                                                                                                                                                               

Offline boooyah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 26, 2010, 06:44 PM »
The only fish i kill are the ones goin in the pan or them snake fish

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 27, 2010, 07:17 AM »
If you catch a rockbass do you toss it on the ice or let it go? are they a junk fish that can damage a pond or lake? when i fish in Canada they tell me to kill everyone i catch.
let dec tell you what to kill, that is as bad as the people leaving sheep heads all over the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.