Author Topic: Looking at Buying a Vexilar  (Read 6458 times)

Offline nindo24

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looking at Buying a Vexilar
« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2019, 06:51 PM »
It would depend on what your budget is for one. expect to be in the $300 to $600 range for most of the units out there from Vexilar. I recommend going with one of their reconditioned units to save some money.

here are a few of the current ones they have on their website that would more then fit your needs.

FLX 12 Genz Pack : https://store.vexilar.com/reconditioned-flx12-genz-pack-w-12-degree-ice-ducer.html

FLX 18 Genz Pack : https://store.vexilar.com/reconditioned-fl18-genz-pack-w-12-ice.html

FLX 20 Genz Pack : https://store.vexilar.com/genz-pack-flx20-w-12-degree-ice-ducer-1.html

FLX 20 Ultra Pack : https://store.vexilar.com/recon-ultra-pack-flx20-w-12-degree-ice-ducer-dd100.html

FLX 28 Pro Pack : https://store.vexilar.com/reconditioned-flx28-pro-pack-w-pro-view-ice-ducer.html

FLX28 Ultra Pack : https://store.vexilar.com/reconditioned-flx28-ultra-pack-w-pro-view-ice-ducer.html

Do you find a difference in quality between the new products over the reconditioned products?
Keep Your Stick On The Ice!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 30, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Reconditioned products are new for the most part. May of them are units that were bought and opened to find out a part or something was missing or broke. So it gets returned and fixed then called reconditioned.

If you buy one, when you revieve it and the unit will be like new.

I bought an FL18 reconditioned for my cousin 2yrs ago, and it was like new.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Reconditioned products are new for the most part. May of them are units that were bought and opened to find out a part or something was missing or broke. So it gets returned and fixed then called reconditioned.

If you buy one, when you revieve it and the unit will be like new.

I bought an FL18 reconditioned for my cousin 2yrs ago, and it was like new.

I believe some Pro Staffers return some items at seasons end too ..could be wrong ..Also your locale retailer may have one sitting on the shelf ..how old/long is the battery been sitting..cant imagine Vexilar sending a "old" battery with a recon unit...I have bought a Dewalt hammer drill and a Milwaukee hammer drill for my auger set ups ..both recon units ..no worries or issues ...
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2019, 01:42 PM »
 Bought 2 reconditioned units perfect working order 2 year warranty on the unit and a year on the battery , had them for years
 If I was ever to back to a flasher I wouldn’t hesitate to buy reconditioned

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2019, 09:14 AM »
i would get any unit other than an 8. 

Offline Tepuilover

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Looking for ICE fishing buddy out of the 80918
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2019, 04:40 PM »
FLX 28 owner here! I love it and very impressed with it. Can't go wrong with a Vexilar. I plan on using it in the summer with my kayak.
Rob

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2019, 06:59 PM »
Ok, lets quit talking about flashers and talk about when your taking me perch fishing!

Careful, the battery must last so long because it's not marking fish  ;D ;D ;D

Offline nindo24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2019, 08:45 PM »
I pulled the trigger on a Vexilar FLX-12. It's due to be delivered this upcoming Tuesday, and I may purchase the proview ducer. Thank you for those who genuinely contributed to my original question.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #38 on: Dec 06, 2019, 03:38 AM »
I pulled the trigger on a Vexilar FLX-12. It's due to be delivered this upcoming Tuesday, and I may purchase the proview ducer. Thank you for those who genuinely contributed to my original question.
You will not be disapointed
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 06, 2019, 10:57 AM »
tough to beat a fl-18
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Dec 06, 2019, 11:12 AM »

Congrats ..I have a FL12 as a backup/spare ..great unit for beginners ..EZPZ to explain,read and understand ..the FLX12 models have some bonus features that are nice for the ice angler. Keep that battery charged ..and recharge after each and every outing( after warming up to room temperature)

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline nindo24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 06, 2019, 11:49 PM »
Congrats ..I have a FL12 as a backup/spare ..great unit for beginners ..EZPZ to explain,read and understand ..the FLX12 models have some bonus features that are nice for the ice angler. Keep that battery charged ..and recharge after each and every outing( after warming up to room temperature)

Warming up to room temp is good advice, all the videos say just to charge after every use.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #42 on: Dec 07, 2019, 03:32 AM »

Warming up to room temp is good advice, all the videos say just to charge after every use.

And every month or so during the off season.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline nindo24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 07, 2019, 10:04 AM »
And every month or so during the off season.

Also good advice.
Thank You everyone that helped and gave advice.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #44 on: Dec 08, 2019, 08:04 AM »

You are aware this does not have zoom.

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 08, 2019, 09:13 AM »
You will want/like zoom!

Offline Ramp 23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 08, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Great unit , enjoy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum