The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Just for you Will. Rigid "Lifetime" warranty.  (Read 3155 times)

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
Just for you Will. Rigid "Lifetime" warranty.
« on: Nov 23, 2015, 02:34 PM »
So found the link to the Rigid warranty on another thread.  This paragraph voids out how AWESOME Rigid is.

What is Not Covered

Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty. Ridge Tool shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages.

Here is the rest of the "Lifetime warranty".  Kinda reminds me of your boots.  Rigid decides the "Lifetime"

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/full-lifetime-warranty
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Just for you Will. Rigid "Lifetime" warranty.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2015, 03:02 PM »
I had a dream...went down to my favorite piece of ice and everyone was using a hand blender with auger attachment!  Meanwhile on shanty a debate raged on about whos blender had the best warranty!

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2015, 03:33 PM »
John my new drill setup.  At the price the lack of warranty means nothing.

It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2015, 03:39 PM »
Ed you're never gonna get a trophy pike through a 5/8" hole!

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2015, 03:44 PM »
Pfff 5/8" hole.  Gonna hook it up to a 6" nills auger.

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2015, 04:14 PM »
Stop the presses. Wait,wait wait, Ed our Ed is gonna get out and ice fish this year. Sweet jesus I only hope I get to spend some time on ice with you.

Flags up!
Ctown

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2015, 04:16 PM »
Stop the presses. Wait,wait wait, Ed our Ed is gonna get out and ice fish this year. Sweet jesus I only hope I get to spend some time on ice with you.

Flags up!
Ctown

Yeah buddy.  Vertigo is under control.   Gonna ice fish as much as possible.  Gotta make up for last year.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Yeah buddy.  Vertigo is under control.   Gonna ice fish as much as possible.  Gotta make up for last year.

I thought you were dedicating your ice season to that craft you bought?  You can't be buying fancy drill augers if you own a boat!!!

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2015, 05:15 PM »
So found the link to the Rigid warranty on another thread.  This paragraph voids out how AWESOME Rigid is.

Here is the rest of the "Lifetime warranty".  Kinda reminds me of your boots.  Rigid decides the "Lifetime"

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/full-lifetime-warranty

Seems Rigid stands behind their products better than Milwaukee tho. Have been several reports of guys getting their rigids fixed without issue. While Milwaukee owners are finding out wear and tear isnt covered, and Milwaukee gets to dictate what that is and has been charging people for repairs..
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=320072.0
Untill it happens to me Im not going to worry to much about it. Knowing i have the option for a lifetime is better IMO.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2015, 07:10 PM »
I thought you were dedicating your ice season to that craft you bought?  You can't be buying fancy drill augers if you own a boat!!!
Isn't it an oxymoron to dedicate an ice season to a soft water boat.  Kinda like Frozen Hot chocolate.

Fancy drills get a write off at the end of the year.  Can't do my job without the tools to do it.  Now if I could only justify an auger as an electrical tool.

Offline Yachtzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2015, 07:27 PM »
You guys use those drills in speed 1? (Low gear)

I burn up drill clutches left and right, and I m only drilling metal studs up to 2 1/2" tops, and not the heavy gauge ones. If I lay into it too much, it overheard and shuts down for a few minutes. I use speed 2 just so I don't tear up a wrist, maybe I'm doing that wrong.  I got to see one of the drill setups in person, and how well it can handle the task.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2015, 07:47 PM »
You guys use those drills in speed 1? (Low gear)

I burn up drill clutches left and right, and I m only drilling metal studs up to 2 1/2" tops, and not the heavy gauge ones. If I lay into it too much, it overheard and shuts down for a few minutes. I use speed 2 just so I don't tear up a wrist, maybe I'm doing that wrong.  I got to see one of the drill setups in person, and how well it can handle the task.

Over 1000 holes thru 18" of ice using a 6" auger over the past two seasons. No issues yet.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2015, 10:58 AM »
I think I'm done carrying around those super powerful, reliable, strong torque power augers (propane or gas) Even though my first one lasted over 15 years cutting 10's of thousands of holes (9"). Does anyone know where I can get an attachment for my new "Hercules powered" drill, ( 9" auger blade)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2015, 11:09 AM »
wow, is that a 1/2" chuck!

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2015, 11:11 AM »
wow, is that a 1/2" chuck!
lol not sure 😎

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2015, 11:22 AM »
I think I'm done carrying around those super powerful, reliable, strong torque power augers (propane or gas) Even though my first one lasted over 15 years cutting 10's of thousands of holes (9").

10's of thousands of holes equates to roughly 8-10 holes per trip if you fished every day starting in Dec till the end of March, without missing a day, for 15yrs.

Thats alot of fishing good sir.  :P

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2015, 12:17 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I had a dream...went down to my favorite piece of ice and everyone was using a hand blender with auger attachment!  Meanwhile on shanty a debate raged on about whos blender had the best warranty!
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2015, 02:42 PM »
I think I'm done carrying around those super powerful, reliable, strong torque power augers (propane or gas) Even though my first one lasted over 15 years cutting 10's of thousands of holes (9"). Does anyone know where I can get an attachment for my new "Hercules powered" drill, ( 9" auger blade)

Keith if you bring that out I will have an adapter made for you!!  My only question is how is the warranty on that drill?  Hope its a lifetime one cause I think you are WELL past the 90 day store return.

10's of thousands of holes equates to roughly 8-10 holes per trip if you fished every day starting in Dec till the end of March, without missing a day, for 15yrs.

Ummmm you ever see how much he fishes?   I wouldn't doubt it.  I would only doubt it if he had said hundreds of thousands of holes.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2015, 05:16 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gotta keep it light around these parts ron.  I don't want anyone to ruin their lace over one of my posts. 

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2015, 06:44 PM »

I know you like formulas & statistics. I'll do my best to shed light on the matter. Note that these figures are approximate. I can't remember every season by heart.
If I go by how some seasons have run in the past. Half of December, all of Jan, Feb, March, half of April. This is every weekend and estimating 2 days during the week (some years more than 2 weekdays) . That's 48 days per season (sometimes more). After speaking to the wife, she told me the auger was 17 years old, not 15 (same age as my daughter). So we take 48 days at usually 15 holes per day, that's 720 holes per season. Now multiply that by 17years, its 12,240 holes. Now for the fun part, My friend Rich doesn't own an auger and only fishes when I go. Let's say he fished half the amount I did, that's another 6,120 holes in 17 years. Total being 18,360 holes! Let's break it down a little bit. If I only cut 10 holes per day, that's 8,160 + Rich 4,080  total being 12,240 holes. So I'll stick to my original estimate of 10's of thousands. 👍👍🍻🎣😎 P.S  , I forgot to tally in all the holes for other friends and strangers that I've cut holes for. Add 25-50 holes per year for a good estimate.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Nov 25, 2015, 05:26 AM »
I know you like formulas & statistics. I'll do my best to shed light on the matter. Note that these figures are approximate. I can't remember every season by heart.
If I go by how some seasons have run in the past. Half of December, all of Jan, Feb, March, half of April. This is every weekend and estimating 2 days during the week (some years more than 2 weekdays) . That's 48 days per season (sometimes more). After speaking to the wife, she told me the auger was 17 years old, not 15 (same age as my daughter). So we take 48 days at usually 15 holes per day, that's 720 holes per season. Now multiply that by 17years, its 12,240 holes. Now for the fun part, My friend Rich doesn't own an auger and only fishes when I go. Let's say he fished half the amount I did, that's another 6,120 holes in 17 years. Total being 18,360 holes! Let's break it down a little bit. If I only cut 10 holes per day, that's 8,160 + Rich 4,080  total being 12,240 holes. So I'll stick to my original estimate of 10's of thousands. 👍👍🍻🎣😎 P.S  , I forgot to tally in all the holes for other friends and strangers that I've cut holes for. Add 25-50 holes per year for a good estimate.

This is assuming every hole you cut is with your auger. As we all know your preferred method of hole making is with your Super Spud. In the dozen or so times ive fished with you, i dont recall you ever using an auger. This includes the time at the cove when u chopped thru 18" of ice lol.

If u use your spud for say 2/3 of the season (early/late ice), thats roughly 16 trips per year for the auger. Say you average 200 holes in those 16 trips (8 trips 10 holes, 8 trips 15 holes) over a 17 year span you get 17*200 = 3400. We can add in your buddies 4000 holes, putting you at around 7500.

Offline FREEP82

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 617 STRONG
« Reply #22 on: Nov 25, 2015, 06:44 AM »

.  Keith...... Thats Awesome!!!!

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 25, 2015, 08:51 AM »
THE number of holes I'm thinking is 50.............For that rig.......ILL take the under.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #24 on: Nov 25, 2015, 08:54 AM »

I can't believe you would fall for the marketing on that tool. I would think a guy like you would know better than to buy such junk MM :nono: Rigorous and exhaustive key board research has taught me that the enclosed case and flimsy construction leads to continual fouling.  And lord forbid you have a problem with the unit because customer support just claims user error and the replacement policy is a joke.  IF you insist on using the egg beater style then you should go with the open face that will allow you to clear the ice and replace any component that may fail.  This is the brand I would recommend for a wheel style. 

This is the style I use and frankly, your a fool and have no idea what you are talking about if you use anything else and I can and will argue the point endlessly on the internets about it.  Speed and dependability are the key with the push pull system.  They are 20% percent faster and much more dependable than egg beaters and any one who thinks otherwise is a complete unadulterated fool who isn't smart enough to come in out of the rain.

This company stands behind their product, not like those fools at the egg beater companies.  The best deal on them right now can be found here [link]

For early ice I use a simple brace. No gears to freeze, simple and sleek and you can check the ice with them.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2015, 09:06 AM »
Me and capt are on the same page here lol

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2015, 01:13 PM »
That's awesome! That was a screenshot of an old hand drill if you were ignorant enough to think I actually owned a hand drill. That's just as insane as using a battery drill for cutting holes in ice. Will the 2 times we fished together was 1 at the cove where I didn't want to drag the auger over a dirt road with no snow and only had to chop through 8" of ice. The 2nd time was after a blizzard with 2+ feet of snow, again on relatively thin ice. You can do all the math you want, I'm closer to my estimate than you are. And my propane or my gas will last considerably longer than your "huffy" rigid piece of manure. If you would like to continue this ridiculous conversation, you know I'll be happy to oblige. But you might have other posts to nit pic about ? Perhaps the definition and differences between a spud & a chisel? Or maybe how "any size" fish will through a 6" hole! So have at it, I'll check back when I'm bored and need a good laugh!

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2015, 03:02 PM »
Whoa good sir, here i thought this was a post that was about auger ball busting

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 25, 2015, 03:03 PM »
Perfect post Capt.!
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 25, 2015, 03:43 PM »
Whoa good sir, here i thought this was a post that was about auger ball busting

Noooo ORIGONALY it was a thread bustin your balls about the rigid "Lifetime" warranty.    Reminds me of a "Lifetime Warranty" issue you had once.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.