Author Topic: Vexilar charger question  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Alcanzach

• IceShanty Rookie
Vexilar charger question
« on: Jan 09, 2021, 12:09 AM »
Hello all I've tried to do some research but not seeing anyone else talk about this problem with the vexilar charger.  I have a vexilar flx 28 I just got but when I went to charge it the charger flashes red and green.  I've messed with all the connections and have hooked them up different ways which I did find the wrong way it goes.  I'm just wondering could it be battery from just sitting on the shelf or bad charger or its doing what it's supposed to do. 

Offline Iawinger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Vexilar charger question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:35 AM »
Check the support section on Vexilar's website. They may have your answer there.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2021, 08:55 AM »
What type of battery do you have?
I put a lithium in my fl20 and I had to buy a special charger for it.
Batteries do go bad so there is that as well.
Though they usually last a few years.
Do you have a volt meter to check the voltage and the amps?
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:33 AM »
volt meter ...what voltage ...Do you have the Ultra Pack ..it does have a switch ..must be turned on to run the unit and charge the battery ..Contact Vexilar ..they have good customer service ..If I recall correctly they have replaced batteries for customers for "on the self discharges " Try FB Msg ..Email ...and/or call

some good video ..but does not answer your question

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:40 AM »
The first 30 seconds of this video tells you the battery voltage

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:51 AM »
Vexilar has a Float mode ..not certain what that means ..could mean a back and forth between red and green

https://store.vexilar.com/charger-1-amp-digital-automatic-charger.html

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:54 AM »
If you do have an Ultra Pack ..you may want to make sure the battery is connect properly ..and the connections are clean . Also when you were trying to charge it was the battery cold ..needs to up to room temperature for best charging.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Yeah thats weird mine stays red while charging and green when charged.no flashing.but on other chargers i have if its flashing means a battery connection or battery problem.well i take that back my battery tender jr flashes green at 80% charge.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:26 AM »
2:58 mark ..its Marcum but may apply

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Yeah thats weird mine stays red while charging and green when charged.no flashing.but on other chargers i have if its flashing means a battery connection or battery problem.well i take that back my battery tender jr flashes green at 80% charge.
I had a battery (one of three) that shows green on the charger but it's dead and won't charge up. (volt meter says it's dead). Other two read fine and are not dead. Go figure.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Alcanzach

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2021, 11:48 AM »
Thanks everyone for the responses and I did watch all the videos and searched vexilar website before I posted.  I may just have to call them and see what they say. I do have the ultra pack and everything checked a few times.  I do feel it must be charging some as when it started it was at 12.4 volts and this morning it's up to 13 volts.  But who knows.  Thanks all!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Thanks everyone for the responses and I did watch all the videos and searched vexilar website before I posted.  I may just have to call them and see what they say. I do have the ultra pack and everything checked a few times.  I do feel it must be charging some as when it started it was at 12.4 volts and this morning it's up to 13 volts.  But who knows.  Thanks all!

Be sure and report back after contacting Vexilar..I am super curious as to what the blinking/switching lights actually mean ..

Offline Alcanzach

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Herd back and after some troubleshooting came down to a bad charger so there sending a new one out.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2021, 08:57 AM »
Herd back and after some troubleshooting came down to a bad charger so there sending a new one out.

Well that is one for the books ...never heard of a Vexilar charger going bad ..and the blinking light is a new symptom. Glad Vexilar was able to rectify the situation . 

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2021, 09:05 AM »

Glad they took care of you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.