The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363965 times)

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #1350 on: Dec 04, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Thanks Surf, that was a great post. So, would I use that with my gas and seafoam? Im all for the longevity of my gear, I would use that in my sled, atv, and auger for sure!!
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

surflizard

« Reply #1351 on: Dec 04, 2011, 05:19 PM »
Thanks Surf, that was a great post. So, would I use that with my gas and seafoam? Im all for the longevity of my gear, I would use that in my sled, atv, and auger for sure!!

I stopped using the Seafoam last year Vex, it has 15 to 20% Alcohol by Volume ! The Amsoil Quick Shot and the Startron treatments are the Only additives on the market today that Don't have Any Alcohol in them !! With the alcohol being supplied in the gas by the ethanol already, I don't want to add anymore to the mix, Just my Honest Opinion !

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1352 on: Dec 04, 2011, 05:35 PM »
So, would I use that with my gas and

I had gas, too, Vex, but I took some Rolaids and it went away. I wouldn't drink any Seafoam. Surf is right, use the Startron. Liddle spendy, but so's a carb rebuild.  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

surflizard

« Reply #1353 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:07 PM »
The Amsoil Quick Shot is 2 bucks cheaper then the Startron and it seems to offer better water dispersal and more carbon cleaning agents, just my .02 !

Offline tipup7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1354 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:08 PM »
Surf, is the Amsoil better than the startron?

T.S.G.!!!!!

surflizard

« Reply #1355 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:16 PM »
This is just my opinion, but after reading the MSDS Sheets on both the Startron and the amsoil Quick Shot, they are both designed to get rid of the ethanol in the gas before it causes any damage to the fuel system, But the Reviews from the commercial engine owners has persuaded me to try the Amsoil quick shot instead ! Way too many landscapers, arborists and loggers and other commercial small engine users to ignore !These people make there living using small motors and If they swear by it, then it is good enough for me !!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1356 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:42 PM »
And just a little note about Amsoil's policy ~ If they can't formulate a better product than ANYTHING available anywhere, it will not be in their product line. Price is never considered over quality.

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1357 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Did I mess up!!  I put two caps of Seafoam and 2 caps of Startron in a gallon of gas for my Z71 along with my Amsoil Sabre.   Should I have left out the Seafoam all together?   Will this mix mess up my auger?

Thanks guys.  I know nothing about this sort of thing.   The only mix I have ever done is for my blower and trimmer and I have never added anything for the ethanol like seafoam or startron.   I thought I read someone on the blog mentioned to use both.   Any suggestions????

The AMSOIL dealer I bought the SABRE from highly recommended their Quickshot to me as well.  I will probably switch once the Startron runs out.

surflizard

« Reply #1358 on: Dec 04, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Your auger will be fine IceinKzoo, You didn't do anything to hurt it ! It Will run fine, you can't over treat your gas !   I have switched to the Amsoil Quick shot due to the lack of alcohol in it and the added fuel conditioners in it ! it is entirely up to you what you want to run in it ! Any kind of additive that prevents phase separation will help your small engine run better, longer with less maintenance ! My bad I guess, I didn't mean to cause any confusion, read thru the Amsoil Quickshot info and see what you think and maybe take a look at the Amsoil site for more info !

Surf

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1359 on: Dec 04, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Thanks Surflizard.    You didn't sway me on the quickshot.  I am moving to Amsoil for my auto oil and fuel treatment in my older car.  They make some very good product.  I just didn't think about using the quickshot when I started using the other products.  Let me know how you like it.   

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #1360 on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Guess I'll pack my toolchest up and go home.... ;)2
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1361 on: Dec 04, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Yeah, and I guess Ill be buying some Quickshot............. ............and tossin the Seafoam! Live and Learn ;D

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1362 on: Dec 05, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Everyone fishing or what? Where is everybody ???

surflizard

« Reply #1363 on: Dec 05, 2011, 02:18 PM »
I think the lack of ice is puttin the kiboush on everyone Ice Mojo !!  :'( The Free Jigs Givaway Question still goes up tonight at 9:00 PM EST !!  ;)2 :thumbsup: This big old bag of jigs ain't getting any younger ya know !!

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1364 on: Dec 05, 2011, 05:04 PM »
I wish I was fishin! Lost our furnace friday night, I'd be alot warmer in my hut. LOL. 3 degrees here and dropping. There goes my fishing money for awhile :%$#!: I can't beleive what they want for a new one!

surflizard

« Reply #1365 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Damn, sorry to hear that brother, I know how that feels, ours went south last fall ! :'(

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1366 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:58 PM »
Man sorry to hear about your furnace ford.    I too had that happen a few years back in the middle of winter.   I will be waiting with anxious anticipation for the question later tonight.  Hopefully I can stay up that long.  Was a very early morning and it's been a long day.  Wish the rain would stop in the midwest and the temps would drop into the teens.   

Dear Mother Nature,

I know you need to display your awesome power sometimes.  I can appreciate you have different sides to your personality.  Sometimes you like it to rain, sometimes sunshine, sometimes the color of Fall.   I am just here to kindly remind you even though you are great and powerful that well how do I say this in the most  gentlest of ways..........

TURN OFF THE FLIPPING WATER PIPES BABE AND DROP THE TEMPS OR IT'S GOING TO GET KRAZY IN THE ICE BELT.  I MEAN CHUCK NORRIS KRAZY WOMAN

surflizard

« Reply #1367 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Welcome to the F.O.E.A.O. Great Jig Givaway !!

The Answers to tonights Questions can be found in the past replies of the F.O.E.A.O. thread ! The first Emblem flying member of F.O.E.A.O to correctly answer Tonights question will win 5 Custom Made Panfish Jigs !

What is Surfs favorite Curse ?
What is the reason for invoking that curse ?

Good luck to all !

Surf

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1368 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:27 PM »
Okay here goes my first guess.

YEHAAA !! FLAAAAAGGGGGGG !!

I believe Surf yells this bring on the ice and MOlicious fishing conditions.

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1369 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:28 PM »
FFFFFFLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAG GGGGGG!

To Much 2 cycle fumes :roflmao: extended inhalation of fumes and lack of human interaction can result in loud screams  ;D

Found the only ice tonight to go on my back SOB.

Brentster7189

« Reply #1370 on: Dec 06, 2011, 12:49 AM »
I'm stoked, got my Z71 today, busted it out of the box.  I'm loving shiny red and black!  Can't wait to get it fired up and go tap some ice.

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #1371 on: Dec 06, 2011, 06:07 AM »
Here ya go Surf,

the curse of the Deadly Sputtering Sphincter Spasms

Cockamamie Idea of Banning Pork Rin

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1372 on: Dec 06, 2011, 07:24 AM »
Way to go Brentster ;D ;D Juice that baby up and let er rip @)

The 1st annual "Fire up you Ice Auger in the Garage at 8pm for the fun of it" starts tonight! Dont miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to fire your auger with other F.O.E.A.O. members!!

Took the day off, Im heading to the print shop to get that quote for our fancy new threads!! Stay Tuned ;D ;D ;D

Im Vexvision and I support this message @)

surflizard

« Reply #1373 on: Dec 06, 2011, 07:36 AM »
Congratulations, We have a winner, Our Very own F.O.E.A.O. Director of Computer Technology, DasRottweiler !!!   :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: :bow: Well Done my friend, well done !! How do you want the Swag Distributed ? Would you like it shipped to your front door in a Discreet Brown box ?

Surf S.A.A.

P.S. Welcome to the brotherhood of EskMO Ice augers Brentster7189, Glad to have ya aboard !

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1374 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Can`t believe one of our loyal brethren didn`t beat me to it! ;D  Wut I win? Jigs, I love Jigs. Speakin of Jigs, looks like our compadres to the south (MA) gut pooched harder than we did with the lead regulations. At least we can keep our bass and laker jigs! Seriously, I won sumting Surf? I never win crap, althou I got a fifty dollar scratch ticket the other day, bought jigs ;D!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #1375 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:35 AM »
aaaahhh the smell of 2cycle running rich in heavy air around 60 degrees umha my sinuses are ripped lol had to put back together the eskimo after tossing it as i was going through last ice  :o :o :o :o broke a strap on the gas tank had redrill it its a lil short ::) but the tank is solid  ;) had a few ounces of premix in it oh well primed it up pull and putt putt vrooooooommmmmmmmmmm blue fog is pretty in the garage glad momma pesce was at work junion chimes in its moookin dad
to be continued
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

surflizard

« Reply #1376 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:36 AM »
You sure did Brother ROTT, I have 5 custom made "LEADFREE" Glow painted panfish jigs with your name on them buddy !! I can put them in the Mercer Marine Free Swag Stuff box and mail it out to you today !!

P.S. Glad to hear your okay MO, Ya really gotta watch that last ice, it'll get ya ! ;D

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #1377 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:38 AM »
aaaahhh the smell of 2cycle running rich in heavy air around 60 degrees umha my sinuses are ripped lol had to put back together the eskimo after tossing it as i was going through last ice  :o :o :o :o broke a strap on the gas tank had redrill it its a lil short ::) but the tank is solid  ;) had a few ounces of premix in it oh well primed it up pull and putt putt vrooooooommmmmmmmmmm blue fog is pretty in the garage glad momma pesce was at work junion chimes in its moookin dad
to be continued
GOD BLESS
mo
Glad you escaped the frozen pond :o
VVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM is right, all we need is some flippin ICE ALREADY >:(

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1378 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:55 AM »
You sure did Brother ROTT, I have 5 custom made "LEADFREE" Glow painted panfish jigs with your name on them buddy !! I can put them in the Mercer Marine Free Swag Stuff box and mail it out to you today !!

P.S. Glad to hear your okay MO, Ya really gotta watch that last ice, it'll get ya ! ;D
That would be awesome Surf-much appreciated! ;D TY!
MO fall down! Be careful!!!! NO fish worth dying for- Kinda like the sticker on my garage door-" Ain`t Nuttin in here worth your life."

surflizard

« Reply #1379 on: Dec 06, 2011, 10:06 AM »
I'll get it in the mail today for ya buddy !! Once again, Congrats on Winning the F.O.E.A.O. Trivia Question !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.