South Dakota > Ice Fishing South Dakota

Any Ice in the Blackhills yet?

(1/2) > >>

Kodiakman:
Any ice up there in the hills yet?  I'm driving up there over Christmas to visit the wife's family and was thinking about hitting Sheridan lake, Pactola or Deerfield while I'm in town.  I'm sure there will be ice by then but with all the fun weather you've been getting, I thought I'd see how things are shaping up.

royjulius:
 A friend of mine was hunting up by deerfield and he said most of it was skinned over. I went to sheridan yesterday and the only ice was on branches sticking up. I put my hand in the water and it had to be low 30's. I'm already planning to do stockade on dec 6. I'm always on that lake by then. You should have no trouble by christmas.

royjulius:
My friend went to deerfield again and this time he saw a deer walking on it! The very middle part is open, but it will probably be do-able soon!

royjulius:
  I am happy to report that we've had some serious freezing in the hills and I will be at stockade lake near custer this saturday. I'll write how it went!

wyoutdoors:

--- Quote from: royjulius on Dec 03, 2008, 08:25 PM ---  I am happy to report that we've had some serious freezing in the hills and I will be at stockade lake near custer this saturday. I'll write how it went!

--- End quote ---
:clap: :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish: reports and pics?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version